September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Great pictures @ContraryMaryMary. Looks like a fun weekend.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @shanaber hugs. Biggest gentle hugs. To you and hobbes.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @shanaber :-( life sucks sometimes, really hope they can sort it.

Just looked up the lists of who has signed up so far for my HM on Nov 3rd. Of 504 people, only 77 are women. I guess this means I will be last of fewer women than if it was a bigger race LOL.
    It's the same here in Poland. I typically see 10-20% females at the longer distances. We do seem to be catching up, especially at shorter races. But then in the USA, I think women frequently make up the majority of runners. It would be interesting to look at it from a cultural perspective, as to why. I have some ideas, but am guessing it's a combination of factors.

@shanaber so sorry :( I thought of Hobbes just the other day when I saw a dog that looks just like him, running with his owner. Hope the treatment goes well for him!

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @shanaber wishing the best for Hobbs 💓 🙏
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Looks like my running buddy, Hobbes the Vizsla, is likely going into round 2 of cancer treatment. He had a needle biopsy today with surgery scheduled when we return from NJ. Depending on the biopsy results it could be 2 masses removed under GA or one under a local. The good news it doesn't seem to bother or slow him down much so far.

So sorry to hear this :(
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Praying for Hobbes.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @shanaber: All the best to you and Hobbes. *hugs*
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @shanaber what’s the prognosis? Is it metastatic or just perhaps they didn’t get the smaller grows that were too small to identify? Best wishes to Hobbes, he seems to be such a gentle loving soul. Well give him to St. Francis for prayer.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @shanaber hugs. Biggest gentle hugs. To you and hobbes.

From me, too.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Looks like my running buddy, Hobbes the Vizsla, is likely going into round 2 of cancer treatment. He had a needle biopsy today with surgery scheduled when we return from NJ. Depending on the biopsy results it could be 2 masses removed under GA or one under a local. The good news it doesn't seem to bother or slow him down much so far.
    So sorry to hear this. Big hugs for both of you!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Big hugs to you and Hobbes. I am hoping for a positive outcome.

Congrats to everyone who raced over the weekend.

Got in 2 miles yesterday morning. I had a terrible migraine last night, and I don’t feel so hot this morning, so skipping today’s run. We fly back to GA tonight.

9/1: 3
    9/2: 6.2
    9/5: 2 (cadence drills)
    9/7: 3
    9/8: 4
    9/9: ST
    9/10: 2
    9/11: ST and swimming
    9/14: 3 (hill repeats), 3 more
    9/15: 5
    9/17: ST (barely due to headache)
    9/18: 2 (intervals)