September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have had the spacing on mobile for a week or 2 now. Maybe once on PC is all.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn I just finished your Superior RR. Wow. That's ... WOW!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Yes, seeing all the spacing preceding the post. Only on mobile, and I think it is usually the last post of the current notification (for me anyway). Seems like it started about a week or so ago.

7 easy miles this morning. I just don't understand how it can still be 80F at 4am at the end of September. I keep thinking "just get through this hot/humid run, and the next one will be cooler". But it has yet to come true. About 5 miles in, I just decided to be grateful that I got to run today, and nothing really hurt. So I'm counting that as a win.

exercise.png

I know. I just saw the forecast for next week. We are supposed to be over 100 actual temperature with heat index higher on the first day of October. What the kitten. This is supposed to be the good time of year!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I took a much needed rest day yesterday and today is ending up as a 'life gets in the way' day. Too many things to get done before we leave on Wednesday. I do have a run planned for tomorrow after changing my schedule around and cancelling the strength training I had tried to keep in my plan. I would rather go for an early run instead. Once we are in NJ I will likely just hit the hotel gym treadmill as it is supposed to be hot and humid and I don't think the area is a good one for running (traffic and no sidewalks). I don't think I will get to 100 but I am way beyond my 50 mile goal for the month as well as my stretch 75 mile goal.

@polskagirl01 - no spacing issues for me (web browser) but I have lost the post editing functions again and none of the MFP support team fixes are making any difference.

@juliet3455 - Achilles issues can take so long to heal. My doc had me applying warm compresses to the area to encourage more blood flow. He also used a K-laser on that area each time I saw him. You can always hop over to the Injured Runners thread for support too - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623943/cathartic-thread-for-injured-runners-er-support-for-managing-injuries#latest
    (sorry no post editing controls so can't embed the link)
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all. Congratulations @PastorVincent and everyone else.

I finally had an achievement... My 3k run this morning was less than 6min per km! Its only been a week of getting back into the Grove and I felt like my old self again. Just needed some actual consistency. Will see how tomorrow's 5k goes though.

Awesome! Way to go, great pace!
    September MTD 41.9/Goal 40😀

Congrats on meeting your running goal for the month!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @juliet3455 I wondered where you had gone, thought perhaps I just kept missing your posts. I agree with @shanaber, it might be time for some outside help, if you already haven’t. I had some ultrasound therapy on my low back years ago and I think one pt did my itb. Hoping you be back to trails soon.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @juliet3455 I wondered where you had gone, thought perhaps I just kept missing your posts. I agree with @shanaber, it might be time for some outside help, if you already haven’t. I had some ultrasound therapy on my low back years ago and I think one pt did my itb. Hoping you be back to trails soon.

I agree. Get an expert opinion from a sports doc or pt maybe.
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 160km

02/9: 5.11
    03/9: 8.11
    04/9: 6.73
    06/9: 8.46
    07/9: 14.06
    09/9: 6.15
    11/9: 13.05
    13/9: 8.44
    14/9: 16.14
    16/9: 5.22
    17/9: 8.11
    18/9: 5.34
    20/9: 8.07
    21/9: 14.51
    23/9: 5.54
    24/9: 10.08

Total KM run: 143.12

Well after the last several days of near perfect spring weather the rain and wind have returned :( I really didn't want to go out this morning, but I forced myself out the door into the wet and windy weather and got my 10k in. It was slow and I was counting down the distance I had left to go the whole way, but in the end I'm glad I got out there because the weather is now much worse. Come back spring!!

I'm about six pages behind on the thread, hopefully I will have time to go back and read later but in the meantime congratulations to all who have raced recently and I hope everyone else is staying injury free and having fun :)