WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    End of the work week!! And we got it done! I clicked the "Submit" buttons with a little group of witnesses cheering me on. It has been such a busy week!!

This weekend, I've got to get going on my last assignment for my uni course. No rest ...

We did have a bit of fun at lunch ... a Footy Grand Final Lunch Celebration. That's what's on this weekend here in Australia.

Then I came home and rowed for the first time in 3 weeks. That was a bit of an effort!

And ... I completed Strava's Escape Challenge, mainly with walking! Plus 2 days of rowing and 2 days of cycling. The challenge was to do a minimum of 15 min of exercise 5 days a week, for 4 weeks. :) All about consistency.

Annual Walking Totals - to September 27

2015 - 757.0 km
    2016 - 743.2 km
    2017 - 854.5 km
    2018 - 967.9 km
    2019 - 794.5 km

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    Regarding sleep ...

Just about every day this week, my husband has had to wake me in the morning. My alarm goes off, and I think I sort of heard it each time, but I just kept sleeping.

Today, I did NOT want to wake up.

I've found lately that if I sleep anything less than 7 hours, I battle to get up ... but even 7 hours 5 min, and that's better.

I'll be sleeping in tomorrow!!

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Safe Travels & Exciting Adventures!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an extreme pilates DVD.

Welcome everyone new (looking at firetop)

Tracey – many times when there’s food fundraiser, unless it’s something I REALLY want, I just give them a donation. Like just recently a lady at ceramics daughter was selling these brownie bites. Personally, I thought they were overpriced. But Vince wanted them so we got one pail. If it had been me, I would have just given her a donation. There have been times when I’ve even said things like “I’m allergic to peanuts” Not that I am, but that’s a good reason not to buy something. If you can do it, ONE candy, etc probably won’t hurt that much. I know that Rice Krispie bars are fairly low in calories.

Heather – have a great trip!

Sleepyhead KJ – hope Tim is better soon.

Soup kitchen today. Need to leave a bit early to give the gal at the bowing alley Newcomer’s schedule. I might make these meatloaf muffins to have later in the week. I don’t know if I will

Michele in NC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - thank you for the flowers & coleus! So beautiful... Our morning glories are nearly done blooming here, and I've gathered seed to plant them along some of the fenceline for next year. My coleus is nearly five feet tall, and I have to decide when/whether to cut it back!

Gym done, now some yard work.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💞🙋
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Have a safe and happy trip. Happy early birthday wishes. :)

Flower Photos from Karen and Terri....Beautiful!

Kelly ~ Wishing Lauren a safe birthing and love hearing how Joaquin is already bonding with his new brother.

Loving the aura of Fall in the air each morning!

Welcome to all the new chatters and wishing all a happy day.

Carol in GA

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello all of you working gals.
    I use the same strategy when it comes to treats around the office. I say to myself, "wow, someone else's leftovers". I would never dare (unless homeless and starving) to walk by someone's leftover plate and eat from it.

I am trying to plan my treats. A bowlful of chocolates on someone's desk isn't planned. I would rather have a nice creme brulee that I could savor after dinner.

I also have been making sure I bring some fruit every day when I work. So, if I am craving something sweet I have something on hand.

Hope everyone is having a great day - back to the races for me (work). :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you all. Do any of you get barometric pressure migraines and if so, what do you do about them? I can't just lay around in a dark room for 2 days (which doesn't really help the pain anyway). Is there a solution? Nothing seems to work for me and in this day and age, I cannot imagine there isn't some sort of way to make it a little better so I can function.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Pip: I love your dog photos. This portrait is particularly sweet. Bullwinkle? I like you and Kirby in the surf, too. :heart:

Heather: Bon Voyage! Take ginger lozenges for motion sickness if it is a problem for either you or DH. I’ll be doing so when I fly to Illinois. I would be surprised if the ship doesn’t have a supply. I see that Machka has also given this advice. :flowerforyou:

Annilz: Sorry to hear about your bad knee. I have one, too, and I sympathize. There is always a low level of discomfort. The doctor I went to advised against surgery. He told me to do knee strengthening exercises whenever I was sitting. I did a lot of them in the house and also in the car. My exercise was to hold up my injured knee for a long period of time using only my leg muscles. I did much of this work while driving or riding as a passenger in the car. My injury is inside of my left knee and my right foot controls the accelerator so the car was a doable exercise location. I also joined a yoga class and it has been a very good thing for me. Mine is a permanent injury to my knee joint and will never be good as new, although it is now good enough for me to enjoy life and do the things I love to do. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I am happy that you are getting needed sleep. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: Raw celery is a gift. The body burns more calories to digest it than it contains. Unfortunately, dips and other additions can add a lot of calories. :star:

Shotzz99: I have experienced headaches during road trips that have a lot of elevation gain. Sugar-free gum can help my ears adjust to elevation changes. Sometimes there has been ear discomfort on flights or road trips over mountains, but they usually resolve with chewing gum or deliberately yawning. :yawn:

Yoga today!!! YAY!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for that app info, very helpful, have not seem Strava before.

Good luck with the end of the month struggles everyone.