WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)annliz23 what beautiful poodles and what a great job you do with their grooming.

:)Heather, Have a great time and enjoy every minute.

:) I was taken out to lunch by my friend who teaches the Thursday intermediate line dance class. She wanted to thank me for downloading music and making music CD's for her. She pays for the music and the blank CD's so she really didn't have to do more, but she insisted. We went to Thai restaurant and had a great conversation mostly about remodeling and dogs. It was fun but it's not something I want to do often. I was happy to come home to my familiar surroundings with husband and pets.

:) Today we had the house and driveway power washed. The noise was traumatic for Bessie, Sasha, and Bernie.

:) I eat all my salads without dressing so I have no suggestions.

<3 Barbie In NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Karen: Olivia looks so cute!

Heather: Have a wonderful cruise. I like your low carb strategy!

I use a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar on beetroot.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    OMG! LOVE the poodles!! Very impressive grooming job.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    annliz - what a great job!

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Michele - I didn't know "Shoofly Pie" it doesn't sound so good, but I am not a fan of molasses. Seems like that one would be easy to say PASS! and I am not good at all about saying pass to a sweet.

Kim in N. California
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,359 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)annliz23 what beautiful poodles and what a great job you do with their grooming.

:)Heather, Have a great time and enjoy every minute.

:) I was taken out to lunch by my friend who teaches the Thursday intermediate line dance class. She wanted to thank me for downloading music and making music CD's for her. She pays for the music and the blank CD's so she really didn't have to do more, but she insisted. We went to Thai restaurant and had a great conversation mostly about remodeling and dogs. It was fun but it's not something I want to do often. I was happy to come home to my familiar surroundings with husband and pets.

:) Today we had the house and driveway power washed. The noise was traumatic for Bessie, Sasha, and Bernie.

:) I eat all my salads without dressing so I have no suggestions.

<3 Barbie In NW WA
    Oh thank you they are not perfect as learnt from you tube videos but not show dogs just pets so ok I guess.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Weather forecast not good. Stiff breeze as we leave. We are armed with our Kwells, but DH is not a good sailor. The weather in our first stop is scheduled to be terrible! We haven't booked an outing so we could always stay on the ship instead of getting drenched.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Ginger tablets! They make a big difference to me. :) Or candied ginger ... that can work too.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Heather - have a wonderful cruise!

Well this is the issue I have with my job, it’s my only complaint. I absolutely love my job!
    We have too many food events though. Yesterday was a pizza lunch that didn’t get delivered until 130. At 2 there was a retirement party with chips, seeets, dips. Today there was a coffee and cookie sale to raise money for the Alzheimer’s society. I bought 4 cookies and brought 3 home for my husband. However, because I had to sit my turn at the sale table I was behind and didn’t get lunch until 230, so I wasn’t hungry at supper and now it’s 830 at night and I’m hungry.

Every week there have been events with food sometimes two - three times a week. There is candy around everywhere and my boss is worried that we are too busy to eat so brings in granola bars, Rice Krispie squares, candies. We won’t starve we have a dining room that is always cooking too!

I need to come up with a polite way of refraining and I need my hip to finish healing so I can at least start working out again. It is better this week than it has been since I injured it. If it wasn’t for my tooth ache. I would feel pretty good today.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Tracey, The way to refrain politely is start with your own decision of what foods you eat and don't eat and what time of day you eat and don't eat. Then you can say "No thank you. I don't eat____" or "No thank you. I don't eat at this time of day."
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I had a lunch box pulled it out with my tuna packet y crackers measured out back in the day with my drink. When pushed to partake in what I knew I could be allergic too,cause me bathroom 🚽 distress, or well not on my list of safer foods for me (greasy a no-no) Is say oh got my lunchbox.They’d push repeat myself until they learned I was always going to eat the same meal every day from my lunch box. Now that I’m at home bet the tuna companies are crying over loosing their best customer lol 😂
    Amber Tx

Exercise feeling slowly better depression fogs lifting. Decided against surgery it didn’t work first time I know the new one their trying to get on the market has a 97% success rate vs the 50-60% now. Less side effects. If I’m going to spend money be laid up again want to try something that might work. Better boat not sinking ship 🛳.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    traey. I like barbies approach to the treats/snacks all around—-no thank you, I don’t etc. also key thing is to stay fed so you don’t hit those snacks when you’re vulnerable —if you are well fed, feeling full, you can walk on by. Is it karen va who pretends the sweets are covered in something gross? That’s another strategy.

I am bombarded at work with junk food, seasonally and randomly—and Halloween in the US is pretty nuts, let me tell you. And it’s Right around the corner :s. So a plan to walk past is going to be so very important- we can do this!!

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey & NYKAREN Yep, I pretend the snacks are contaminated with E. coli or Salmonella. Even though I know I made it up, once the thought is in my head, the food loses all appeal.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    Suitcases lined up at the door. :o Just about to start on the rolls I've prepared.
    Butterflies! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Heather - Have a safe, fun, exciting cruise! Happy Birthday early in case you don't have wifi on Wed!

Okie in the TX Hill Country