WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is World Dream Day!

"Held September 25th, World Dream Day is the ONLY global participatory day held with the express purpose of encouraging and activating ideas, goals, and dreams.
    Every year, through live and online events, World Dream Day inspires, empowers, and ignites individuals, families, businesses, and communities all over the world to rise up, declare new possibilities and take a stand for what they truly desire and deserve – for themselves, and our world."

SueBDew - Wishing your puppy a quick recovery!

Cheri - We'll be in your neck of the woods in November. Maybe we can meet up!

Rho - I also love the outdoors and skinny dipping (although the chance hasn't presented itself in way too long!) but my desire for tent camping has diminished over the years. Now we have a small RV and I'm happy to have a real bed up off the ground. Love the color in your kitchen!

Jennifer - Welcome and congratulations on your commitment to your health! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Barbie - I love your "live near the water" sign! I've never lived on the coast but until we moved to Albuquerque I'd always lived near enough to visit. Those twelve landlocked years were difficult for me, and now I try to get to the beach as often I can. It is my happy place. We don't enjoy it as much in the summer but we're planning a weekend trip this fall.

It is 90 degrees here today, with a heat index of 97. They say this is one of the hottest, driest Septembers on record. I am SO over this and ready for fall.

Wishing you all the chance to follow your dreams!

-Yvonne in TX
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    maybe 8-9 hours translating today. not good concentration. finished first run through. not a very difficult text.
    2nd run through will be faster. 3rd fine tuning and then just checking for mistakes. I have Friday and the weekend to work on it. not making social plans. I have a firm deadline for Monday at 9 am.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    3h of classes tomorrow from 8:30 then meeting lawyer at 6.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    OLIVIA!!!!! Oh my goodness. Adorable, Karen.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ Olivia is beautiful! Love that sweet smile.

Vicki ~ What a grueling schedule! My sister left nursing last Spring after more than 25 yrs mostly due to the fact that many of the young nurses just couldn't be depended on and she was left with too many tasks that should have been taken on by others.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Olivia's a charmer - and so's JR!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙💚💛💜
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - Amen, sister. I had a full hysterectomy at 40 - my periods were six weeks long, to the point where they sent me into anemia, even though I weighed nearly 300 pounds at that time. Took estrogen for support for one year afterward, haven't taken it since. That one surgery took care of the incredible mood swings and the tremendous period pain, as well as the fact that I basically hemorrhaged every time I stood up or picked anything up, or sneezed. Made my life so much easier, and basically prevented at least three different cancers. I feel as feminine as I ever did, and it certainly didn't affect my sexuality, not that my now-ex-husband would have noticed anyway! :neutral:

Haven't missed any of it so far, and it's been nearly 20 years... :wink:

Regards,
    Lisa in AR
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    I am on day 3 of my six days of 12 hours. . . I am working 6 am to midnight and be back in the morning to work 6a-6p. Still have 6a-6p Friday and Saturday. Be so glad when we are back to full staff.
    I was laid off after several years with a very good employer and nearing retirement age. After a few months of free time, I chose to take on another job and ended up in a similar situation with it as you are now. I don't know if I'm recovered from all the extra hours still. Take good care of yourself every moment that you can <3 (((hugs)))

Amber in TX I'm sorry you're having a tough time . . . Adhesion are not fun at all :cry: I have a gut full as a result of five abdominal surgeries. The things that I've found to help me the most (and alleviate having to have surgery to release the adhesion) are to not eat big meals and to decrease meat and dairy consumption since they are both the hardest on one's system to digest. Just something to consider. . . .

Heather UK and Lisa My middle sis had a similar history as yours - in one year she had to replace her bed four times! She had surgery at 42. She was in Calif and I was in Oregon at the time and couldn't be there. She wished she had done it earlier, too, and was happy she'd be able to have "free" sex again and wouldn't have to shop for a bed for another ten years. :wink:

Yvonne I live on the edge of a rural area with lots of forests, streams and a river. I haven't taken the opportunity to skinny dip in a long time though . . . I'm afraid I'd scare away the wild life :lol:

KK OMGosh! Olivia! She :love: is :love: adorable:love: How do you ever stay apart from her?

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rhonda like your advice! The pharmacy called the Doctor prescribed me pain meds but didn’t tell me I don’t take those unless it’s after surgery! I like natural pain remedies like thought aversion to warm baths etc. tTylenol only if really bad off. If I’m taking opioids I’ve been cut open like a Thanksgiving turkey! Don’t even take them after bone marrow tests so why would I start now. Pharmacy said no problem they’ll cancel it for sure. $50+ for glorified Tylenol no Thankyou. I don’t like them talking surgeries on first visit without a 2nd opinion or colleague looking too. Just so fast. Scar tissue I can live with I don’t want surgery. Bladder well was detached 20yrs not a new thing they tried to fix it might be fixed just stress bladder now. Not sure they said they fixed it during Csection but did they?? I wish hubby would come home so we can discuss it wish he was there I was a Deer 🦌 in headlights he wouldn’t have been.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    JR and others - The best thing I ever did was have a hysterectomy at age 48. I took about a month to get over it, but was walking outside after a week. My periods were horrendous! When they went in they found fibroids and a cyst on one ovary. I wish I'd had it done much earlier instead of resisting it. I tried everything else. It did not affect my sexuality, or my femininity. Of course, it was entirely free of cost.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I would love to. I would have loved to in 2015 when they started discovering huge polyps and precancer and was bleeding 3 weeks out of 4. But my gynaecologic oncologist won't do it.

I have a genetic blood disorder called MTHFR which causes me to clot, and resulted in DVT a number of years ago. My gynaecologic oncologist figures the surgery (any major surgery) and the length of recovery and my relative immobility during that time put me at high risk for clots. :(

So I'm stuck with it. :(

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    They want $250 for next visit sonogram talk surgeries really don’t want surgeries so not sure how to cancel the appointment but want to badly! I’m not ready for more surgeries I need to take care of JR.

Amber Tx

Make a list of questions.
    Go to your next appointment.
    Bring a friend or family member with you to be your "ears" and to prompt you to ask your questions.

You're paying for the appointment ... get the most out of it!

M in Oz

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Sue in WA- my two daughters and their families live in Parker, CO. We may go for Christmas this year.
    I have lived in New Orleans LA, Brookhaven, MS, Long Beach, MS, Hattiesburg, MS, Cross City, FL, Dauphin Island, Al, Hattiesburg, MS, Saffron Walden England, Weathersfield, England, Sacramento, Ca, Long Beach, MS, Las Vegas, NV, Colorado Springs, CO, Montgomery, AL, USAF Academy, Duncanville, TX and for the last 22 years Granbury, TX.

You probably guessed we were an Air For e family. I used to be able to get unpacked and ready to go in three days but when you move so often you don’t accumulate so much stuff.

Girlfriends. I have a lot of friends from bridge, golf, water aerobics and church but I wish I had that one friend to go to movies with that DH doesn’t want to see.

Karen- Olivia is beautiful. Hard to believe how grown up she looks.
    Better go.
    SueBDew in HOT TX