• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,711 Member
    Options
    tem5c9oy5rcr.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I moved in with my parents three years ago thinking I would only be here six months. It was too stressful to think I might leave at any time so I finally settled in. It saves money, and helps to be near family. By the way, my uncle is home and doing very well. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ When are you leaving for your cruise? Getting ready would be really stressful for me...I admire you.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Annie - so pleased your uncle is home and doing well.

I am plumbing the depths of determining the advisability of using the de minimis indirect cost process for the federal grant I'm working on... which is almost as interesting as it sounds, according to your tedium tolerance levels.

Slinking off into the bowels of the federal processes now... :wink:
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    I am plumbing the depths of determining the advisability of using the de minimis indirect cost process for the federal grant I'm working on... which is almost as interesting as it sounds, according to your tedium tolerance levels.

Lisa in AR

So sorry ... that's exactly where I've been for the past couple weeks. :astonished:

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Lisa in AR

So sorry ... that's exactly where I've been for the past couple weeks. :astonished:

Machka in Oz

I compare it to hitting yourself on the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop. :smiley: On the plus side, I get the next four days off, as I'm using my vacation days up before the fiscal year turns on Sept. 30. There's always a sunny side somewhere. :)

Meanwhile, I'm frantically trying to get EOY stuff submitted by Sept 30 ... we operate a quarter behind to allow for error correction.

THEN I'm hoping to take a day off to make a 3-day weekend. :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Carol - yes, it is a full time job and I find it very stressful - leaving keys with people, setting anti burglar lights, remembering all the stuff you need these days for electric charging, emptying fridge, trash, sorting out indoor plants, etc. That's before you start packing! But I just KNOW it is worth it. B)
    I am nervous about it being a new-to-us ship, as we had the exact same cabin for three years running on the old ship. I am a very nervous person. However, all three cruises with Saga (they are exclusively for over 50s, and most are over 70 ) have been beyond amazing and worth all the money and effort. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: You have lived so many places! I’m glad you’ve found the one that feels like home. :flowerforyou:

Kim: My closest personal friends are within easy driving distance, but my children have moved so far away that it sometimes hurts my heart. I will get to see my daughter’s farm for the first time next month when I travel to see her. DH will not accompany me on this trip. :ohwell:

Heather: Happy Birthday! Welcome to 70! Glad you had a wonderful celebration. Enjoy your upcoming cruise. :heart: I detest watching politics on TV, especially when DT is speaking. We have loads of stations, so it is relatively easy to avoid political BS unless I choose to watch the news. I have all of my favorite shows recorded. I saw a little of the royal family in the British news as part of a news cast yesterday. :smiley:

Jennifer: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Today I plan to power-wash the outside of our sailboat. It has been neglected in that regard. We’ve been sure that the engine and batteries are up to par but we’ve neglected the outside. DH can’t get down there at all, so It is up to me. Sailing was our joy and pleasure for many years. DH's diagnosis of MS came about because of travel issues aboard the boat on our last trip to the San Juan Islands of WA & Gulf Islands of British Columbia. When we got home from that last trip to WA & BC we went to a doctor who diagnosed his MS. Not too long after that we found a good MS doctor. DH is holding fairly steady but he can't do all the things he could do before. The RV fills the job of providing travel & a bit of adventure fairly well but I still miss sailing and anchoring out in the boat.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Took the deep water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kelly
    Coffee Meyers Body Sculpt Workout DVD.

Found out that the teacher for our Wed. water class is retiring and that was her last class. I think next week I’ll go on Friday. I know the instructor, she is the one that does the Electric Slide all the time but I can live with that.

After exercise went to the Salvation Army and found a nice sweater. Then stopped at Big Lots who don’t carry the oat bran so I called the company and they are going to send me some coupons since they’re no longer on the website, also got cookies for Vince on sale, they didn't have his bread. Then went to WalMart then home. Trust me, all this is right on the way. Ceramics tonight. Will probably go in the pool in a bit. Got dinner ready to be microwaved.

Welcome everyone new

Bananas – one of our cats would bite when she wanted attention. She’s gotten so much better but she still nibbles when she wants attention. One thing that we were told to do is whenever she starts to bite, give her a chew toy to chew on

Off to the pool….

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katla, Allie, and Michele ~ You are three very busy women! :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Reinventing Rhonda - Day 24
    Did my daily walk yesterday and have already done so this morning. I'm aiming to walk each morning - doing so thus far has been just sort of meh. My mind thinks I'm too busy to fit it in. Then later a little voice pops up to tell me to walk, and I do, but I want to make the habit of doing it at a somewhat regular time each morning like I used to.

Yesterday was good for working on the garage clean up. I uncovered my recumbent bike, set up the old 32" TV and DVD player, packed my car for dropping items off at Goodwill (which I'll do today) and moved a bunch of stuff around . . . I now have a private workout room. One of my October aims will be to use it :sweat_smile:

I have been wondering for a few days whether MFP's suggested total CI for me was off, so last night checked on a couple of online calorie calculators and sure enough the numbers were different. I did a reset. Rather than 1,440 CI, MFP now suggests a 1,200 daily calorie limit, and I was able to come under all of my limits yesterday, except one. Fiber. I exceeded my fiber limit. Things are moving along again (figuratively and literally :-) This morning's scale showed a 1lb loss. Yea!

<3 Thank you all who offered info on snacks and fiber! Lots of good suggestions. Some I've already began to implement. The Quest protein bars (suggested by Lisa) looked yummy online - lots of flavors to choose from. I'll pick up a few when I grocery shop later today.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome Jessica Congrats on your weight loss thus far :smiley:

SuziQ I'm so sorry for having to lose two of your loves. :cry:

Allie I like the hanging pots on the wall. I wanted to do that, but my pots aren't as pretty.

Katla I've done a bit of sailing, myself, including the San Juans and BC waterways. I've done other travel as well. But those waterways, islands and inlets are the most beautiful, most majestic of all of the places I've been. Great memories for you and your DH to hang on to <3

Michele in NC When working in my garage yesterday, I located my DVDs. We'll be in touch :wink:

I’ve been a rather peripatetic soul most of my life.
    The number of places I’ve called home for more than six months are on the left of the list.

Born and raised . . .
    1 Reseda, CA
    1 Encino, CA
    1 Santa Monica and Malibu, CA (fam had a home and a funky little beach house)

On my own . . . .
    1 Hollywood, CA
    1 West Los Angeles
    1 Agora, CA
    1 Barcelona, SP
    1 Madrid, SP
    1 N Africa (9 months in a medical caravan traveling from Morocco to Egypt)
    1 Mikonos GR
    1 Istanbul, TK

BF #1 . . . .
    1 Muir Beach, CA
    1 Brentwood, CA
    1 Topanga Canyon, CA
    1 Agora, CA

BF #2 > Ex #1 (my ex-husband and still a friend)
    1 Laurel Canyon, CA
    1 Boston, MA
    1 Hermosa Beach, CA
    2 West Los Angeles, CA
    1 Lake Oswego, OR
    1 Aurora, OR

Ex #2 (my was-been / not a friend)
    2 Aurora, OR

On my own again . . .
    1 San Filipe, MX
    1 Oregon City, OR
    1 Wilsonville, OR