What type of cheese do you guys eat?

Options

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of cheese, but when I do, it's the stinky kind!

For a grilled cheese, good ol' cheddar, mild or old, slices of brie with a slice of ham and a few leaves of baby spinach or green apple slices would be nice. Havarti slice might not be a bad choice either.

Like limburger? Because I have some triple wrapped in the freezer anybody is welcome to.

My latest cheese obsession is manchego. I wish I had some in the fridge right now but if I did it'd be gone...

What is limburger?

And while I'm at it? what is "sharp cheddar"? Is it the same as aged (old) cheddar?

In Canada, we have mild, old, and extra old cheddar. In French it's called doux, fort, extra fort. Fort means strong. I'm just guessing this is why in the US they would call it "sharp" instead of aged/old.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL the cheese.
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Brie and roasted apple or pear grilled cheese... OMG....
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

Except Swiss.

This is me too! I eat all the cheeses (except one!)

I OP, f you're looking for something a bit lower cal, Edam or Gouda has less fat than most hard cheeses and is very high protein.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    anything but goat cheese

eta: and for the love of god, no weight watchers or low fat cheese!

I really don't notice much difference. As I'm pregnant, soft and blue cheeses are out. I'm on a controlled carb diet due to gestational diabetes, so cheese is an excellent no/low carb option. I am mainly eating:

Feta (apetina 10)
    Babybel Light
    Halloumi
    Mature cheddar
    Philadelphia

My saturated fat is always high due to all the nuts I eat, so I try to balance it a bit with the lower fat cheeses.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i love cheese too....feta (appetina 10), mozarella light, laughing cow extra light triangles, cottage cheese (light with pineapple or chives), philadelphia extra light.....babybel light....chedder light (grated) ....on toast with sliced tomatoes on top and worcester sauce...nom nom!....i love every cheese i think you get...(hubby goes berserk if i have stinky cheese in fridge cos he hates cheese lol!!!).....the only cheese i loathe is GOATS cheese...OMG i so want to like it but the smell and the taste is just so..."goaty!" and makes me hurl!...yes i know that is kinda obvious..smells like goat cos made from goats milk...but you know what i mean lol!!!:laugh:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    provolone or pepper jack!!! yum :)

laughing cow cheese is really good too!!!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only cheese I eat is laughing cow light wedges. 1 a day on my sandwiches. It's lovely and pretty healthy (especially compared to other cheeses)
    I like cheese, but it doesn't take much to get a lot of calories and fat so can usually only have really small amounts.

If I do have cheese with anything then it's just regular cheddar cheese.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE CHEESES

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As Swiss I have to agree but the preference is real swiss cheese
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I love Danish Blue, Wookey Hole cave aged cheddar and Edam because it is tasty and lower fat than cheddar
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

Except Swiss.
    Funny thing, there's no Swiss cheese in Switzerland.

Correct. It sounds better than 'Tilsitter' :-))
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Another big cheese fan here, I love strong mature cheddar, halloumi, feta, goats cheese, mozzarella - pretty much any cheese except blue! I just have much smaller portions now.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Edam, Extra Mature Cheddar, Wensleydale, Cottage Cheese :D
  • jaynestevensburt
    Options
    Fab Answer me either!!
  • jaynestevensburt
    Options
    Feta is good. Hallomi great grilled.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    To eat by itself, I prefer sharp cheddar, but when I'm cooking, I actually prefer medium or mild cheddar.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    CHEEEEEEEESSSSSSEEEEE!!

love it

used to love strong cheddar, hated stilton when i first tried it, but really like it now, i cant stand cheese mixed with pieces of fruit, like wensleydale and cranberrie YUCK!! theyre too sickly.
    my fav cheese atm is camembert YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!! I rarely eat cheddar now.
    one of my fav sandwhiches used to be brie with pineapple, the sharpness of the pineapple really goes well with the mellowness of brie.

CHEESEY PEAS, BRILLIAAAAAANT.......................
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Atm I have low fat camembert and normal parmesan, which is usual for me cause I usually just get cheddar. But I love most kinds of cheeses, especially in Greek Salad, quiches, pitas or pizzas!!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I HATE Vegan cheese - that stuff is just WRONG!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    For grilled cheese, full fat cheddar.

You can't use the low fat stuff because when it melts its like plastic. I will never touch it again, its a gross thought.