Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Yeah, right
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Inability to listen. For example, if you specifically ask me "do you like this particular food item?" and I respond that I very much dislike it and do not eat it, do not then cook it for me 2 days later and be upset that I do not want it.

Looks for validation and praise every time he does basic tasks like washing dishes, laundry, or grocery shopping - because he so rarely does any of the above or any other housekeeping task.

Related: hoards anything, but especially not being able to bother to throw away food that's long past the stage of disgusting and is bordering on unrecognizable. (Most recent specific example - why is there, among other gross things, half a pie with a best by date of months ago that's now mostly covered with mold sitting in a half-open box on your counter? How long has it been there? Are you aware there's a trash can 3 steps away? I might have an answer to the question of why you're having such a hard time with ants and mice...)

Daily selfies, especially if they're always posted to multiple social media platforms.

Constantly commenting gushing praise on half-naked/fully-naked women's photos on social media while claiming "oh, I'm totally serious about us and our relationship and I'll get jealous and anxious if you even talk to another guy, but these are my friends and I *have to* support my friends, so you just have to accept that it's not something I'm ever going to stop doing"...even better when done while apparently not noticing that these oh so important friends never respond to any of his own photos or posts.

Updates their relationship status on facebook to say you're in a relationship with each other when you've been out exactly 1 time, then calls in a panic because they're afraid you're going to break up with them when you hide that status. Didn't think an official breakup was necessary after 1 afternoon, but yes, now I most certainly am.

Gets irritated at me for going to the gym - followed by ranting at me about how he refuses to exercise in any way because his dad liked to work out and they didn't have a great relationship. Uh, ok? Afraid we're not very compatible then.

(Sheesh, apparently I needed to vent a bit about the fun that is attempting to date at 40. :D )

Wow. Um. Just. Wow. I think I'd be happier without all the dating hoopla of life if this was my experience. Eek. Tell me this wasn't all rolled into one guy? Even so. :/

Lol, no - not one guy, just a combination of experiences that make me leery of trying again!

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    If he never accidentally hits like on a really old wall post
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Inability to listen. For example, if you specifically ask me "do you like this particular food item?" and I respond that I very much dislike it and do not eat it, do not then cook it for me 2 days later and be upset that I do not want it.

Looks for validation and praise every time he does basic tasks like washing dishes, laundry, or grocery shopping - because he so rarely does any of the above or any other housekeeping task.

Related: hoards anything, but especially not being able to bother to throw away food that's long past the stage of disgusting and is bordering on unrecognizable. (Most recent specific example - why is there, among other gross things, half a pie with a best by date of months ago that's now mostly covered with mold sitting in a half-open box on your counter? How long has it been there? Are you aware there's a trash can 3 steps away? I might have an answer to the question of why you're having such a hard time with ants and mice...)

Daily selfies, especially if they're always posted to multiple social media platforms.

Constantly commenting gushing praise on half-naked/fully-naked women's photos on social media while claiming "oh, I'm totally serious about us and our relationship and I'll get jealous and anxious if you even talk to another guy, but these are my friends and I *have to* support my friends, so you just have to accept that it's not something I'm ever going to stop doing"...even better when done while apparently not noticing that these oh so important friends never respond to any of his own photos or posts.

Updates their relationship status on facebook to say you're in a relationship with each other when you've been out exactly 1 time, then calls in a panic because they're afraid you're going to break up with them when you hide that status. Didn't think an official breakup was necessary after 1 afternoon, but yes, now I most certainly am.

Gets irritated at me for going to the gym - followed by ranting at me about how he refuses to exercise in any way because his dad liked to work out and they didn't have a great relationship. Uh, ok? Afraid we're not very compatible then.

(Sheesh, apparently I needed to vent a bit about the fun that is attempting to date at 40. :D )

I feel like you either dodged one giant bullet... or a bunch of tiny ones depending on if this is all ONE person or several different people you're referring to. :grimace:
  • Cecex2021
    Cecex2021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m just one giant red flag to be fair 🚩
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    if her legs/arms fall asleep very often
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Getting into a relationship based on just the first honeymoon phase of dating. If you havent seen them angry or upset or failed at something, you havent seen their true behavior.

Learning this
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    If he stares at me while I eat.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    2qsfn4gdfuwd.png
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    2qsfn4gdfuwd.png

I saw you over there!
    Come on over here sweetie! 😉
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Can you wipe your chin first :p
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    If he expects me to eat without getting food all over my face.
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Ahhhh just let me wipe that little spot for you there B)
  • happimess01
    Options
    Getting into a relationship based on just the first honeymoon phase of dating. If you havent seen them angry or upset or failed at something, you havent seen their true behavior.

that's the reason I want them to watch me play Playstation but they are not interested. Guess I am the only one who cares about our relationship
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Get them to help you decorate a Christmas tree; hand them the tangled mess of lights. That'll tell you so much about them. :)
  • happimess01
    Options
    If they do impromptu video call in the bedroom and don't warn you as you come out of the shower
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    If they do impromptu video call in the bedroom and don't warn you as you come out of the shower

😬😂
  • happimess01
    Options

😬😂

well, if it was you who came out of the shower, I'd probably get a raise the next day😏