Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Ground Turkey

2»

Replies

• ohcobblersohcobblers Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
  • ohcobblersohcobblers Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    I just realized that the previous one is not the one I use. This is. The 5-Spice is the winner here along with the shredded basil and mint.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/249161/five-spice-turkey-lettuce-wraps/
  • brenn24179brenn24179 Posts: 1,740Member Member Posts: 1,740Member Member
    I stuff peppers with ground turkey, just make a meatloaf with it and stuff them, also I make meatloaf with turkey. I a l so make tacos with ground turkey and dont have a shell, just cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and the meat!
  • aries68mcaries68mc Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    Home-Cooked Turkey Meatloaf

Servings: 6
    Calories per Serving: 124

Ingredients:
    • ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
    • 1/3 cup skim milk
    • 1 tsp. olive oil
    • ½ cup yellow onion, minced
    • 2 tsp. minced garlic
    • 2 tsp. oregano
    • ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
    • 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach, roughly chopped
    • 1 lb. extra lean (99% fat free) ground turkey breast
    • 1 egg, lightly beaten
    • 1 egg white
    • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 Tbsp. ketchup

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet or 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
    2. Stir together oats and milk in a bowl and set aside.
    3. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook while stirring frequently and until soft for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper; cook while stirring for 1 minute. Add baby spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
    4. Once vegetables have cooled, add oat/milk mixture, ground turkey, egg, egg white and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
    5. Form turkey mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared pan. Evenly spread ketchup over the top.
    6. Bake until internal temperature reached 170 degrees F, approximately 50 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 888Member Member Posts: 888Member Member
    NewMeSM75 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite is brown a ground turkey with a tbsp or so of olive oil. Once meat is browned, add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Toss is a bag of shredded coleslaw mix. Cook until tender. Finish with soy, ginger, crushed red pepper or even a bottled asian sauce. It honestly tastes similar to inside of an egg roll. Fabulous!

Crack slaw! Love that stuff, make it all the time
  • McCelmerMcCelmer Posts: 97Member, Premium Member Posts: 97Member, Premium Member
    NewMeSM75 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite is brown a ground turkey with a tbsp or so of olive oil. Once meat is browned, add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Toss is a bag of shredded coleslaw mix. Cook until tender. Finish with soy, ginger, crushed red pepper or even a bottled asian sauce. It honestly tastes similar to inside of an egg roll. Fabulous!

Crack slaw! Love that stuff, make it all the time

I made a batch of this for the week - been eating a serving of it for dinner with cauliflower rice. Thanks for the recipe idea, it is delicious!
  • slappy01ukslappy01uk Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    This is one I have used this summer as I have grown lots of green beans
    sichuan-dried-fried-green-beans

Just switch the ground pork for ground turkey
    edited October 9
  • ecjimecjim Posts: 719Member Member Posts: 719Member Member
    I'm absolutely horrified at myself right now - I just spent 5 minutes trying to work out what a ground turkey is and arent all turkeys ground turkeys ....before it registered what you all were meaning :D we call it minced over here in New Zealand , which is my only excuse and not a very good one . not my brightest moment lol

If it makes you feel better - we do have wild turkeys that will fly short distance
  • yelliezxyelliezx Posts: 451Member Member Posts: 451Member Member
    Shepherd's pie!
  • yelliezxyelliezx Posts: 451Member Member Posts: 451Member Member
    Mexican lasagna
  • kosseychickkosseychick Posts: 141Member Member Posts: 141Member Member
  • debrakgooginsdebrakgoogins Posts: 1,731Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,731Member, Premium Member
    McCelmer wrote: »

Debra - Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I am eating it right now with the tatziki sauce and it is DELICIOUS. I'm going to make a double batch next time.

I took a break from the the chats for a while and just saw this today. I'm so glad you like it. It is really fantastic!
  • lleesabblleesabb Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    kkiner7 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone have any ground turkey dinner ideas they can share? I’m looking for something other than chili or spaghetti. Thank you!