Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sad lady

24

Replies

  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Once, when I was a work in an office with a long row of cubicles, a co-worker poked her head in to tell me that there was cake in the break room. After she left, I poked my head out to watch her walk up the row of cubicles. My co-worker did not stop to tell anyone else about the cake. I had to ask myself, why did this woman think I was the one who would want to know about cake.

    This was a moment of clarity for me. Like another time when I stopped to think about the meaning of the fact that I could not tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. Or when I realized I was a little shorter than baseball player Dustin Pedroia (5'9") and a little heavier than David Ortiz (6'3" 230 lbs).

    Watch people eat - who eats the pizza and baked goods; who does not?

    If your point is that "skinny" people do not eat pizza and baked goods you are very mistaken.

    I THINK the big difference is many "skinny" people will put down the bag of M&M's. I have watched my brother in law. 6'4" 160 soaking wet, pick up a big bag of candy. Have a couple and put it down. N=1 here, but I have trouble stopping. Just my observation.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,810Member Member Posts: 2,810Member Member
    Because other people in the world have an impact on us when we interact with them...because not all those interactions are positive...because why should OP feel compelled to bottle up inside how it made her feel to observe the world and it's people today????

    I don't know that watching someone without that person responding to you in any way is the same as interacting with someone. That said, what you wrote is just as true for those of us who telling the OP that what she did was shaming, patronising, and uncalled for.
    edited September 11
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Once, when I was a work in an office with a long row of cubicles, a co-worker poked her head in to tell me that there was cake in the break room. After she left, I poked my head out to watch her walk up the row of cubicles. My co-worker did not stop to tell anyone else about the cake. I had to ask myself, why did this woman think I was the one who would want to know about cake.

    This was a moment of clarity for me. Like another time when I stopped to think about the meaning of the fact that I could not tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. Or when I realized I was a little shorter than baseball player Dustin Pedroia (5'9") and a little heavier than David Ortiz (6'3" 230 lbs).

    Watch people eat - who eats the pizza and baked goods; who does not?

    If your point is that "skinny" people do not eat pizza and baked goods you are very mistaken.

    I THINK the big difference is many "skinny" people will put down the bag of M&M's. I have watched my brother in law. 6'4" 160 soaking wet, pick up a big bag of candy. Have a couple and put it down. N=1 here, but I have trouble stopping. Just my observation.

    I have seen some "skinny" people hoover down a large bag of M&Ms. I have even known really thin people who struggled to gain weight. The world is an interesting place.

    True,but what we dont see is if they compensate later.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Posts: 711Member Member Posts: 711Member Member
    Why does she feel the need to announce that.
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,295Member, Premium Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Why does she feel the need to announce that.

    Because it's a free forum.... that's why... no other reason needed...
This discussion has been closed.