Sad lady

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Why does she feel the need to announce that.

Because it's a free forum.... that's why... no other reason needed...

I’m talking about the woman in line.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited September 2019
    NovusDies wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Once, when I was a work in an office with a long row of cubicles, a co-worker poked her head in to tell me that there was cake in the break room. After she left, I poked my head out to watch her walk up the row of cubicles. My co-worker did not stop to tell anyone else about the cake. I had to ask myself, why did this woman think I was the one who would want to know about cake.

This was a moment of clarity for me. Like another time when I stopped to think about the meaning of the fact that I could not tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. Or when I realized I was a little shorter than baseball player Dustin Pedroia (5'9") and a little heavier than David Ortiz (6'3" 230 lbs).

Watch people eat - who eats the pizza and baked goods; who does not?

If your point is that "skinny" people do not eat pizza and baked goods you are very mistaken.

I THINK the big difference is many "skinny" people will put down the bag of M&M's. I have watched my brother in law. 6'4" 160 soaking wet, pick up a big bag of candy. Have a couple and put it down. N=1 here, but I have trouble stopping. Just my observation.

I have seen some "skinny" people hoover down a large bag of M&Ms. I have even known really thin people who struggled to gain weight. The world is an interesting place.

True,but what we dont see is if they compensate later.

Oh I know. This is why you can't judge someone based on a single action or meal. I know some people with some ridiculously high TDEEs. One of them in particular you would not really guess based on his slow methodical mannerisms but the guy is never still. He is one of the few people that I know that eats a Standard American Diet and his weight has been in a 10 pound range for 20 years. Granted he is about 10 pounds above his healthy goal range which makes him overweight (according to his doctor) but I would still count that as a win.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Once, when I was a work in an office with a long row of cubicles, a co-worker poked her head in to tell me that there was cake in the break room. After she left, I poked my head out to watch her walk up the row of cubicles. My co-worker did not stop to tell anyone else about the cake. I had to ask myself, why did this woman think I was the one who would want to know about cake.

This was a moment of clarity for me. Like another time when I stopped to think about the meaning of the fact that I could not tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. Or when I realized I was a little shorter than baseball player Dustin Pedroia (5'9") and a little heavier than David Ortiz (6'3" 230 lbs).

Watch people eat - who eats the pizza and baked goods; who does not?

If your point is that "skinny" people do not eat pizza and baked goods you are very mistaken.

I THINK the big difference is many "skinny" people will put down the bag of M&M's. I have watched my brother in law. 6'4" 160 soaking wet, pick up a big bag of candy. Have a couple and put it down. N=1 here, but I have trouble stopping. Just my observation.

my husband is 137 pounds. the *kitten*. 5'7. out-eats me EVERY day of the week. doesnt gain a single freaking pound. all the baked goods and treats i made over the last week when he was home - he single handedly ate. i had a few bites, but not much.

your theory is JUDGEMENTAL AND FLAWED
    As stated.. "think"... N=1 OBSERVATION... not scientific data... and I said "I"....... flawed... all observational data is flawed... judgemental? Really? I said "many" not all....😉
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

I notice what people eat to learn a lesson, unhealthy weight comes from unhealthy habits. I am no different from anyone else. I notice things. You walk around with your eyes shut.

In case you did not notice, I was writing about my self

Do you follow the people around for their entire day? If not, you are not really learning anything about their habits. Food choices in snapshots of time can be very misleading. Plus, when it comes to food it only really matters that a person eat an appropriate number of calories. The type of food only matters for overall nutrition.

Actually.... I kinda have.... creepy kitten as it might have been.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

I notice what people eat to learn a lesson, unhealthy weight comes from unhealthy habits. I am no different from anyone else. I notice things. You walk around with your eyes shut.

In case you did not notice, I was writing about my self

Do you follow the people around for their entire day? If not, you are not really learning anything about their habits. Food choices in snapshots of time can be very misleading. Plus, when it comes to food it only really matters that a person eat an appropriate number of calories. The type of food only matters for overall nutrition.

Actually.... I kinda have.... creepy kitten as it might have been.

Stop skulking about in the hedges!
  • squiffiegirl
    squiffiegirl Posts: 14 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Why can't OP just feel bad for the person??? Why does this have to be a condemnation of her?

She didn't just feel bad for the person. She came back here to gossip. I would assume so we could all feel superior and pity her together.

OK, I didn't take it that way at all. Guess I'll be on my way.

You don't have to leave or anything, but you did ask the question :tongue:

I know. But if my interpretation is dramatically different than everyone else's, which is seems to be, then that says something. Either this is a losing battle, or my interpretation is wrong. Either way, this probably isn't the thread for me.

If your interpretation is different than everyone else's, maybe you are on to something.
This discussion has been closed.