Horror Movies

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    I'll add it to my list,thanks! @gategannesh
  • savannahs21
    @fstrickl I haven't watched Midsommar or Susperia i added them to my list, thank you! Surprisingly i wasn't a big fan of The Witch i thought i would love it because i love witchy movies/shows.
  • savannahs21
    I swear i'm not as picky as i sound haha!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    @savannahs21 haha no worries, I’m kinda picky with my horror too. Suspiria and Midsommar are a lot of mind f*ckery instead of jump scares. There’s weird *kitten* in them.

Also, I swear I don’t swear this much!
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    @savannahs21, the guy who made Midsommar made an even better first film called Hereditary. So. Much. Better! Nightmare inducing.
  • fstrickl
    steph6556 wrote: »
    @savannahs21, the guy who made Midsommar made an even better first film called Hereditary. So. Much. Better! Nightmare inducing.

I still “need” to watch that one but I’m psyching myself up for it!
  • savannahs21
    edited August 2020
    See I didn't get that one. People loved it but some how i didn't. I am really looking forward to watching Midsommar, I love cult type movies. @steph6556
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    i am thinking of watching midsommer this weekend
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

fkv6k2t9atcu.png
  • fstrickl
    iMago wrote: »

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

Don’t pee on any logs though!
  • iMago
    fstrickl wrote: »

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

tbh her boyfriend did nothing wrong. it wasn't his fault.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

tbh her boyfriend did nothing wrong. it wasn't his fault.

no spoliers pls
  • fstrickl
    @sweet_ermengarde 😬 nothing spoiled promise.

Speaking of, how does one get that spoilers thing to pop up? I’ve seen it on some comments, where you tap a button that says “spoilers” to reveal the content.
  • iMago
    @sweet_ermengarde 😬 nothing spoiled promise.

Speaking of, how does one get that spoilers thing to pop up? I’ve seen it on some comments, where you tap a button that says “spoilers” to reveal the content.

0cjg8bhdndtq.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    most horror movies are garbage. (most attempts at comedy too)

Great Horror:

Let the Right One In (original, not the US remake)

The VVitch

Ringo (Japanese original, not the *kitten* US remake)
  • fstrickl
    Thanks @iMago !!

You’re the
    best
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Oohh, another good one is The Descent! Cheese factor high but not nearly as high as Sleep Away Camp. I’d watch both again though!
  • iMago
    Afflicted is really good. its found footage. about a guy who is dying of cancer, and his best friend, and their last bro journey together overseas before he passes. things go horribly awry though and the main character becomes, well, afflicted with a different disease along the way.

Banshee Chapter is really good. it's Lovecraftian horror. like a modern day version of From Beyond with a Hunter S. Thompson type character as one of the protagonists

Grave Encounters- its about a group of ghost hunters exploring an abandoned insane asylum. super creepy and pokes a lot of fun at those ghost adventures type shows along the way.

Hell House LLC- has some of the best scares in the last few years. its about a haunted house attraction. i recommend saving it to watch during Halloween though as it'll be more fun then.

Velvet Buzzsaw- its kind of horror/kind of satire. basically about the world's angriest man and his critique of the art community from beyond the grave. has a lot of creepy stuff in it though and its just a good movie.
  • savannahs21
    edited August 2020
    Has anyone watched The Platform on Netflix? Was it worth a watch?
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    It's Friday night--horror movie night! It starts at 9. What are you watching?