• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Watching hellraiser boodline
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,361 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Just watched "Ghost Ship" last night and it was a lot better than I expected

I really liked Gabriel Byrne in it
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Watching Evil Dead ( 2013)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I’ve put it on this thread yet, but “Tucker and Dale vs Evil” is a good one. It’s usually on Netflix. It’s not terribly scary or very well known but possibly the best movie ever.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Watching some of the Hellraiser movies. All I have to say is that Douglas Bradley should’ve played Pinhead in all of them. The other actors don’t do justice to the character.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It Follows
    Oculus
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    I just watched Eli, it's on Netflix. I liked the plot twist towards the end. If you have Netflix i recommend it.

Really enjoyed this! 👍
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Deliver us from evil. 2014 film, based on a real account.

This is a great movie! 🍿
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Messengers 2: The Scarecrow

Slow in spots but pretty good.
  • Anne1882
    Anne1882 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite scary movie is Changeling (the one from 1980, NOT the Angelina Jolie one, though that one wasn't bad. Different story all together). Cabin in the Woods, Ring, It (the new ones are phenomenal!). If you're ok with subtitles, Errementari (the Blacksmith and the Devil) is really good! I came upon it accidentally, I like to watch stupid B-movies that are usually pretty laughable, but sometimes I find gems. Also, any Japanese film that has an American remake (Ringu, etc.)
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Anne1882 wrote: »
    My all-time favorite scary movie is Changeling (the one from 1980, NOT the Angelina Jolie one, though that one wasn't bad. Different story all together). Cabin in the Woods, Ring, It (the new ones are phenomenal!). If you're ok with subtitles, Errementari (the Blacksmith and the Devil) is really good! I came upon it accidentally, I like to watch stupid B-movies that are usually pretty laughable, but sometimes I find gems. Also, any Japanese film that has an American remake (Ringu, etc.)

The Changeling is amazing.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism Of Emily Rose

Same actress in

Quarantine
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Us

Crazy weird, some scares, a little humor.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    She_Loses wrote: »
    Death Note, Babadook, House on haunted hill

All classics
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like watching “Chills” on YouTube, he puts out some pretty good ghost content, as well as nukes top 5.

As for movies
    Sinister
    Original Pet cemitary
    It
    Annabelle’s
    The exorcist
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Watching Carrie again, the old one. Man, the way the build up to her outburst is wicked. The whole scene just hell. It’s a confusing movie though, it’s really hard to decipher who the antagonists is. I do not think it is Carrie, she was just pushed over the edge. I feel so bad for Sue and the guy that took her to the prom.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Loved her mother’s performance at the end.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching Rosemary's Baby the other day (before moving off onto murder mystery documentaries) and I realized that while it's not overtly scary, the ENTIRE film is an allegory for post and pre-partum psychosis, an issue that more women than you realize deal with during pregnancy or after the birth of their child.

Oddly, it was fairly well done for the time it came out and it was more creepy/spooky than terrifying or scary. Still, can't understand why I overlooked it as a film for so long.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    "She Walks the Woods" on Prime.
    good little "friends in the woods with something evil" type of movie. low budget. found footage. very slow.

one of those type of movies where nothing happens until nearly the very end- but when it does, man, it was good and dreadful.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The Prodigy

Good psychology thriller