Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• Four days in, AF so far. I've found that cravings come and go, and it's a matter of keep your head down and your self discipline up.

But tonight... Saturday... going out with friends for a birthday... to check out a brand new bar... this is the acid test. If I can stick to my tonic and lime, I think I'll have cracked it.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Successfully beat this month's first temptation - Wednesday night bowling league. Actually had our whole team refrain from beers this week!

Today is Friday - temptation #2. If we can make it through this weekend without caving, I think we can do it the rest of the month. Husband is not exactly thrilled to be trying this, but hopefully he'll see the benefits over time.

For casual drinkers that used to indulge every Friday/Saturday, what are some of your alternative activities you do with friends, significant others, etc that doesn't center around alcohol?

Not drinking after your weekly sports event is huge! Congratulations! And that your teammates didn’t either is triply huge!

As for non-drink centric activities, there’s always a high school football game, tickets to the theatre, one of those trampoline places, a concert. But they sell alcohol at theatres. I guess you just have to go in with an AF plan and stick to it, or plan on one and done.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Can anyone tell me their experiences with tolerance as they went more AF? I am wondering if my tolerance will be affected by this challenge or if it is more based off of my weight (you know, the main reason I am on MFP ;). I do not plan on being AF forever (17 days AF - yay!) but I never want my tolerance to be that high again. I truly believe it affects your pshyce when it takes that much to have any sort of relaxing affect. It is habit AND mental.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    And yes, this is apparently what I do while AF on a Saturday night. I think. Who knew?
  • brandorogers
    brandorogers Posts: 7 Member
    Knowing I have to post here has really kicked the guilt into overdrive. AF since September 20. Way too many consolation diet sodas.37 miles run this week.

10/1 - AF
    10/2 - AF
    10/3 - AF
    10/4 - AF
    10/5 - AF
  • I find just one glass of wine destroys my food discipline. So it's not just the alcohol Cal's.

Oh, I hear you there. One glass of red wine and it feels like I start to medically (and I mean *medically*) need chocolate, stat.
  • d_ganggreen
    d_ganggreen Posts: 9 Member
    5 AF / 1 multi-drink. Goal this week is all week AF.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    Back home with reliable wifi and my scale.
    I actually lost weight while away on vacation in Dallas despite Margaritas and stuff! Lots and lots of ice skating : - )

October 07 - Planned AF

Running monthly total: 2AF days out of 6 days so far.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Successfully made it through the weekend without drinking!

Well, we did have a squire of sake at our hibachi dinner last night, so technically not 100% AF. But I'm still counting it as an AF day.

Keep it up, gang!