Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• kerrysjunk
    kerrysjunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Surely we can simply enjoy a little tipple..!! I'm from Australia and we grow a real gutsy Shiraz down here. Everything in moderation. Just keep counting them calories. :-)
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    10/01 - AF
    10/02 - AF
    10/03 - AF
    10/04 - AF
    10/05 - AF
    10/06 - AF
    10/07 - AF
    10/08 - AF
    10/09 - AF
    10/10 - AF
    10/11 - AF
    10/12 - AF
    10/13 - AF
    10/14 - AF
    10/15 - AF
    10/16 - AF

Made it through our 3rd bowling league night of the month - totally alcohol free! Our team name is "Beer Frame," because we have this challenge that if everyone bowled a strike in the frame except you, you had to buy a round of beers for the team. My husband and I aren't drinking, and neither is one of our other teammates, so we might have to change our name!

Good luck, everyone!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    October 07 - AF
    October 08 - 3 drinks - Tuesday. Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, already thinking about drinks or drink alternatives for the party day.
    October 09 - 3 drinks. Obviously off-track. Normally I have pretty good discipline, didn't plan on having drinks today. Another 1,000+ calories leftover today, lots of skating : - )
    October 10 - 3 drinks. Barely got in the door from another %$#&*@ stressful day and had a drink in my hand before even inputting my data and completing my paperwork. Obviously not getting back on track yet at this point. So different having drinks on vacation and having drinks to ease the stress. Relaxed now. This was not a planned drinks day. Kind of falling behind this month, but determined to keep on posting. I know it is better if I have AF days, I will have to get my mojo back. Kind of surprised at how easily I fell back into the habit. I am sure that there are better ways to relieve stress, like quit some of my jobs, but the quick fix was...a quick fix.
    October 11 - Another not AF day. I got into pumpkin spice Bailey's type stuff, sipped a 1/4 shot at a time slowly, haven't had that stuff since last thanksgiving weekend. I had quite a few 1/4 shots, maybe 8 over the space of hours. I will have AF days again, guess that I am just not in the right headspace yet. I will be.
    October 12 - 2 drinks. Still checking in although I haven't been very AF yet this month. Maybe after Thanksgiving I will get more motivated. Kind of being a bit indulgent with myself.
    October 13 - 3 glasses of wine from 4pm until now, drinking a wine glass full of water in between. Tryptophan is really kicking in now, had the whole deal: turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, carrots, cranberry etc. Fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with wonderful friends. Now to AF tomorrow! It has been awhile since I have had an AF day, but I am ready now I think. I haven't been overdoing it at all, but I am wondering if it is going to be hard to be AF tomorrow because I have been having a few drinks every day. We shall see.
    October 14 - AF - wasn't hard
    October 15 - Tuesday. 3 drinks. Although I have designated Tuesday as my drinks day, I haven't really been having drinks on Tuesdays much over the 11 months since I joined this challenge. I work usually a stressful 12-14 hours on Tuesdays, and kind of just want to relax and numb. Alcohol probably isn't the best way, but it is quick and effective. Considering my last few weeks of holidays, and a stressful return to work, drinking daily during both, I was planning on being AF today, but didn't get there. A work in progress. Part of the reason that I needed a holiday so badly was because of these Tuesdays. Going to rethink and possibly look for some other work.
    October 16 - AF

Running monthly total: 5AF days out of 16 days so far.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a completely Sober October as part of the Last 90 Days challenge.

10/1 - AF
    10/2 - AF
    10/3 - AF
    10/4 - AF
    10/5 - AF
    10/6 - AF
    10/7 - AF
    10/8 - AF
    10/9 - AF
    10/10 - AF
    10/11 - AF
    10/12 - AF
    10/13 - AF
    10/14 - AF
    10/15 - AF
    10/16 - AF
    10/17 - AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Decided to shorten my cut and paste

October 16 - AF
    October 17 - AF

Running monthly total: 6AF days out of 17 days so far.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Work has been grueling so haven't been on here much. Had a realization this month. Just as we plan to not drink, but occasionally do anyway, we can also plan to drink and then decide...I don't really want it. And we can stop that train. Last night I was exhausted from work and had decided, even though I hadn't made it to the gym, I would shower and take myself out for my favorite martini and dinner. Buck naked, shower running, I thought....get to the gym, Girl! Then you can really enjoy a nice dinner and martini. So I got to the gym and got back, showered,zuvaq91u5hnm.jpg
    uj2xse3mu8gb.jpg
    and had my partridge in brandy cream sauce (from recent hunting trip) while watching True Crime at home. And I skipped the drink. The fall colors were fabulous in the N Maine Woods (so lucky to have shot it before the Bomb Nor'Easter!). (Yes, that's the remnants of wine in the dirty coffee cup--classy, aye?)

Beautiful pic😍 I guess il pledge my 24 hours of not drinking here instead,I like to take it in small steps rather than look at the whole picture so 6:51 am another 24 💖waves to all and hope everyone has a great day!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    7 out of 17 days AF as of yesterday. I am toying with having a drink tonight, but why? Just because it’s Friday?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    October 16 - AF
    October 17 - AF
    October 18 - 1 wine, 2 drinks

Running monthly total: 6AF days out of 18 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Work has been grueling so haven't been on here much. Had a realization this month. Just as we plan to not drink, but occasionally do anyway, we can also plan to drink and then decide...I don't really want it. And we can stop that train. Last night I was exhausted from work and had decided, even though I hadn't made it to the gym, I would shower and take myself out for my favorite martini and dinner. Buck naked, shower running, I thought....get to the gym, Girl! Then you can really enjoy a nice dinner and martini. So I got to the gym and got back, showered,zuvaq91u5hnm.jpg
    uj2xse3mu8gb.jpg
    and had my partridge in brandy cream sauce (from recent hunting trip) while watching True Crime at home. And I skipped the drink. The fall colors were fabulous in the N Maine Woods (so lucky to have shot it before the Bomb Nor'Easter!). (Yes, that's the remnants of wine in the dirty coffee cup--classy, aye?)

Such beautiful photographs! Wow! Thank you so much for posting that!
    And here in Canada we would say "classy eh?" lol
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    AF week going well.
    Still have several more Halloween events to attend before the end of the month.
    So much pressure from other people hiding behind masks.......Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Happy Friday. Keep your goals in mind what ever they may consist of.

Feeling all patriotic in here tonight seeing the Canadian references. Thank you for quoting our Canadian Princess Alanis Morissette : - )

As for you folding to the pressures of others telling you to drink? I think not!! You've got this @MissMay
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @whitpauly that is how we all look at it here....... 24 hours = one day at a time. Pledge acknowledged. ☺

Have some real great AF streaks going on by many of you striving towards a non alcohol October. Kudos to all of you.

Great photo @mainelylisa of our North woods. And of the fancy wine glass. Talking yourself into getting to the gym. BRAVO!

@dawnbgethealthy I see your easing back into your goal setting. You were only off track for a bit. Nice call on catching my reference by Alanis. I use that phase for so many things in life these days.
    You do know @mainelylisa and I live in your bordering country don't you? Not sure where your located in Canada, but Maine snuggles right up to it........ neighbor.

@Womona you danced with the devil and WON. Chalking up another AF day for you.

@ellie117 beer frame, huh? With mostly non drinkers for now. Pretty funny. Nice job on keeping to your plan.

@kerrysjunk thanks for popping in. That is us on here for sure. All about the moderation of drinking.

@forestdweller1 celebrating day 79 with venison. Awesome! You should have got together with Lisa and had a wild game dinner with her grouse. I miss putting those on. Congrats.

Feeling better about being AF since last Friday, so that is a week for me. So much to get done here for myself and others before the cold weather sets in. Once again enjoying the gorgeous colors Fall has to offer, they are spectacular this year.