Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Enjoy the weekend @WinoGelato - with all those AF days you are doing great. I am sure you will not get "stupid" @MissMay. My sleep is terrible these days because one of my dogs has heart problems and gets me up to be comforted almost every night, but drinking a bit less means I still feel better in the morning than I was. @Plan2Be I enjoy ginger "beer" and grapefruit soda now and then. They are tangy and not so sweet tasting.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Morning all, everyone sounds great👍 @Plan2Be awesome on not eating out/fast food this week,I'm the opposite and been cooking alot of frozen stuff just cuz I have a cold and it's just easier,waves to all and enjoy your day 💗
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Morning all,@fitand50inSD I could do them all except get up an hour early 😆 I got a new puppy and he's such a morning person he's irritating! @Plan2Be no alcohol is still"less" alcohol so whatever your plan is still fits,I'm more on the abstaining side just for myself,ugh have a lingering cold-i feel like this is gonna be a bad year for colds cuz it hit early me,hubs,daughters and g-kids all got sick already no fun! Wishes for a great day 🌺

Hope your feeling better with your cold. Now.......did you say you have a new PUPPY? Guess we are going to need to see what this little pup looks like (please)!

Yes, please do post a photo of the new Puppy!!!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    OMG! Spencer welcome to our little group. He is such a cutie pie. What breed is he? Thank you @whitpauly for sharing. Puppies always cure what ails us.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Here's Spencer 💗

OMG So freaking cute!!!!!
    Thank you for the ohoto : - )
  • Plan2Be
    Plan2Be Posts: 12 Member
    Afternoon all,

BP yesterday was in the "normal" category ... whoop ! :) Seriously :) (Yes, with meds, but still ... "Normal" ).

Last night was not an AF night by any stretch of the imagination, and this morning both DH and I "hurt" (out of focus) ....

I didn't have to get up this morning and I slept the sleep of the dead. I was still up by 9, but that extra couple of hours was gooood.

Tonight, back on the AF wagon is the plan.

07/10 - AF
    08/10 - AF
    09/10 - AF
    10/10 - AF
    11/10 - A

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 352 Member
    @brandorogers ...gotta ask...is that photo shop, or a real live bird ?? Congrats on the long stretch of sober, and being able to have one celebratory day and not let it get you off track.

Not a dog fan, but Spencer is "adorbs", @whitpauly .

@ducky133 ...Catpuccino wants to meet your cat !!

On AF day 73, toasting @MissMay with an Amber O'Douls.

Cleaned my woodstove chimney yesterday just in time for the cold drearys to set in here. Time to switch from fake beer to chocolate tea with a little dried garden mint added in. Still keeping the cork in that last bottle of emergency Chianti.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks w a y up North.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy I didn't think of pumpkin cream. I told my husband next time I drink a coffee liqueur I wanted some Bailey's because I was craving a hot cup of decaf coffee with a shot. Pumpkin cream (Bailey's style) sounds good for Thanksgiving. Sometimes if I buy one thing, and it's seasonal I'll save it until that time and not drink anything else because I don't want to spend more money.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Hi! Back from a too long family Southwest road trip vacation with too many little kids. This is with my visiting drinking family too so you can imagine nightly pool party drinking went on until they fell asleep. The dangers of having guests! It was tough when they filled up a shopping cart with many wine bottles and several 12 packs of beer and stocked my home fridge with it. Now they are gone and so are all the bottles! Yeah! Now I can get back to my no-wining diet...and hitting my macros on MFP. Also great to see so many new people join....happy to be back :)
  • brandorogers
    brandorogers Posts: 7 Member
    @brandorogers ...gotta ask...is that photo shop, or a real live bird ?? Congrats on the long stretch of sober, and being able to have one celebratory day and not let it get you off track.

Not a dog fan, but Spencer is "adorbs", @whitpauly .

@ducky133 ...Catpuccino wants to meet your cat !!

On AF day 73, toasting @MissMay with an Amber O'Douls.

Cleaned my woodstove chimney yesterday just in time for the cold drearys to set in here. Time to switch from fake beer to chocolate tea with a little dried garden mint added in. Still keeping the cork in that last bottle of emergency Chianti.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks w a y up North.

It is a whiskey jack (gray jay), they are very docile in the mountains, and happy to take granola from the skiers and snowboarders.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @brandorogers ...gotta ask...is that photo shop, or a real live bird ??

It is a whiskey jack (gray jay), they are very docile in the mountains, and happy to take granola from the skiers and snowboarders.

Oh yeah, those gray jays are very plentiful and extremely friendly up in Northern Maine too. I was able to hand feed serveral one day while having lunch in the North woods.
  • It's just coming up to 10:30pm here. Saturday night, but we've stayed in.
    My calories have been great, completely on course this month. Making up my mind to cut alcohol down has been a big part of that, clearly. In fact, I'm still completely AF for this month so far.

I'm basically sat here trying to convince myself that since I've done so well, a glass of that gorgeous Italian red in the kitchen would be great. I mean, it would REALLY go down a treat tonight. After all, I didn't resolve to be completely AF, just cut down. I'm almost halfway through the month and haven't touched anything, so I'm doing way better than I thought I would.

Still... it feels a shame to ruin such (for me) a good streak.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    October 07 - AF
    October 08 - 3 drinks - Tuesday. Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, already thinking about drinks or drink alternatives for the party day.
    October 09 - 3 drinks. Obviously off-track. Normally I have pretty good discipline, didn't plan on having drinks today. Another 1,000+ calories leftover today, lots of skating : - )
    October 10 - 3 drinks. Barely got in the door from another %$#&*@ stressful day and had a drink in my hand before even inputting my data and completing my paperwork. Obviously not getting back on track yet at this point. So different having drinks on vacation and having drinks to ease the stress. Relaxed now. This was not a planned drinks day. Kind of falling behind this month, but determined to keep on posting. I know it is better if I have AF days, I will have to get my mojo back. Kind of surprised at how easily I fell back into the habit. I am sure that there are better ways to relieve stress, like quit some of my jobs, but the quick fix was...a quick fix.
    October 11 - Another not AF day. I got into pumpkin spice Bailey's type stuff, sipped a 1/4 shot at a time slowly, haven't had that stuff since last thanksgiving weekend. I had quite a few 1/4 shots, maybe 8 over the space of hours. I will have AF days again, guess that I am just not in the right headspace yet. I will be.
    October 12 - 2 drinks. Still checking in although I haven't been very AF yet this month. Maybe after Thanksgiving I will get more motivated. Kind of being a bit indulgent with myself.

Running monthly total: 3AF days out of 12 days so far.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Aiming for completely Sober October as part of the Last 90 Days challenge.

Celebrated my in-laws 56th wedding annivesary tonight and saw my 2 year old grandson for the first time in a month. He enjoyed sharing my "bubbly water" with me. I really am liking being AF. Not sure why it took me until just shy of my 54th birthday to give it a try!

10/1 - AF
    10/2 - AF
    10/3 - AF
    10/4 - AF
    10/5 - AF
    10/6 - AF
    10/7 - AF
    10/8 - AF
    10/9 - AF
    10/10 - AF
    10/11 - AF
    10/12 - AF