Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Life is too uneventful to post. And that's a good thing ! 69 day AF today.

But this is NOT an AF site, it's about moderation....getting to a place where we can choose to have a drink, or not. Lots of nots.

@forestdweller1 this is such a perfect description of our thread. You have accumulated over 2 months of non-alcohol days and you will decide when you want your next one. Awesome self control.

BTW how cool....your birthday is one day before mine. Let's raise a glass (beverage of choice) to us and celebrate.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Plan2Be WOW nice save indeed on the turn around from wanting some to an AF day! 👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Surpassed 1 full week AF! I've only hit this stretch 2-3 times since turning 21 (almost 9 years ago..)

Feelin' good, husband and I even treated ourselves to a pizza/wing dinner to celebrate the no alcohol calories and the amount of money saved by not buying alcohol to stock the fridge over the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats on you 1 week streak!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @lilann1961 just a tiny hurdle for you. The thing is you kept focused throughout your wine party by knowing how much you were pouring, drinking water and keeping the eating healthy. 😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Morning all,@fitand50inSD I could do them all except get up an hour early 😆 I got a new puppy and he's such a morning person he's irritating! @Plan2Be no alcohol is still"less" alcohol so whatever your plan is still fits,I'm more on the abstaining side just for myself,ugh have a lingering cold-i feel like this is gonna be a bad year for colds cuz it hit early me,hubs,daughters and g-kids all got sick already no fun! Wishes for a great day 🌺

Hope your feeling better with your cold. Now.......did you say you have a new PUPPY? Guess we are going to need to see what this little pup looks like (please)!
  • MissMay
    Options
    ducky133 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassurance Womona and Miss May. I did have a martini last night but did not go back and pour more. I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday after overdoing it on Sunday. I am going to try for an AF night one night this week.

Your welcome. Take your time, Rome was not built in a day. I have been on here almost two years, and it is truely one day at a time.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @fitand50inSD that sounds like a very impressive challenge. I am going to check it out, thanks for sharing. We love information like this.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well another night, the third, with just one (large) drink and no refills and feeling much better despite poor sleep. If I can keep this up for a bit then decrease the size of my drink I will be happy for now. Then to add some AF nights. Can someone tell me the easiest way to respond to posts without copying the whole post? Is it to type the user name with "@"? Thanks!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    7/10 days AF heading into the weekend. Heading to my hometown and will meet up with my siblings and spouses probably for Mexican or BBQ, for sure drinks will be consumed.
  • Plan2Be
    Plan2Be Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This was not a planned drinks day. Kind of falling behind this month, but determined to keep on posting. I know it is better if I have AF days, I will have to get my mojo back.
    Running monthly total: 3AF days out of 10 days so far.

Hopefully I've done this right (first time trying to quote!) ..... Keep on posting :) 3 days AF, is 3 days AF :) Hopefully today will be a less stressful day for you.
  • Plan2Be
    Plan2Be Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Morning all :)

So, yesterday, about 19:00 I contemplated a drink, but, not overly so, helped by the fact it was dark, raining and DH had alco-free beers in for him (I don't like beer) and I had cordial and sparkling water in for me, and there's plenty of booze in, if I really did want some.

The bad news is my sleep is still sucking, mainly the getting off to sleep, once asleep, it's its normal tossing/turning sleep/waking up, but that's normal ... it's the getting to sleep .... an hour it took last night, an hour ... bleurgh, and that was with a meditation podcast and white music. I shall persevere!

The great news is .... my BP was down, so the initial spike, declined ... hopefully today, it will remain that way.
    I have a BP appointment on the 21st, so from Monday I need to keep records for a week anyway, it's been interesting to do it this week and see the effects. (The reason I need to keep records is I suffer "white coat syndrome" so my in surgery readings are abysmal !!!)

So, scores on the doors for me so far:

07/10 - AF
    08/10 - AF
    09/10 - AF
    10/10 - AF

In non-AF news, we've also not had a takeout all week, seriously, this is also major! I am, however, reserving the right to, this weekend, this is not going to be a no-food, no-booze, deprivation centre!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on non-sugary, cold drinks ? Cordial and sparking water is "OK", but it's starting to be a little too sweet and sugary for me. I'm not looking for "sweetener" alternatives though as they badly react with me.

• MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy keep getting in here to read. You may even want to look back at some of your own past posts from months ago that you wrote, encouraging not only yourself but so many of us as well.
    Little bump......that is all......we all have them. Coming off a vaca or holiday can be distracting, especially when you throw in a stressful day.
    😊😊😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    7/10 days AF heading into the weekend. Heading to my hometown and will meet up with my siblings and spouses probably for Mexican or BBQ, for sure drinks will be consumed.

Have fun!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @plan2be there are many non-alcoholic beverages out there now that are "zero". I really enjoy the Arizonia "zero" Arnold Palmer iced tea/lemonaide. Your doing great.