Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Options

Replies

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    christymarten Member
    October 13, 2019 10:36AM
    Hello, I am going on a vacation to Denver next week, SO looking forward to it. BUT I have to deal with having less control over my food choices. I worry I will not only overeat, but then when I return I will have trouble sticking to my goals. I do have the App for myfitnesspal on my phone, so I am going to try to keep logging for better or worse.
    Any advice appreciated!

Christy, I am actually just returning from a long weekend in Fort Collins CO. I’m not sure how I did because I haven’t weighed in but the first thing I did was to load up on fruit at the grocery store. I also tried to pick one meal or treat a day where I splurged a bit and for the other meals chose salads with a protein and skipping cheese and other high calorie options. I was a bit anxious being outside of my bubble and attempted to track even though many meals out were estimates. I would love to have lost this week and would be satisfied staying the same. But I know I made MUCH better choices than I would have if I took this trip before starting MFP and didn’t track. So i am going to consider it a iwin even if I do gain.
  • aliciap0116
    Options
    Also how do you all copy a quote from someone you want to respond to?
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ]SW: 288
    CW: 237.1
    GW: 144
    9/30: 237.1
    10/07: 233
    10/14: 231.6
    10/21:
    10/28:

• christymarten
    christymarten Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your support Alicia! I love your positive approach and hope I do as well on my trip to Denver (first time to CO!). And good advice about making food choices. I am most concerned about travel days when I will be ultra anxious about flying.

And mmccloy, may you reach your next goal soon! I also learned the hard way that if I don't eat for several hours, I will have cravings. Last time I ate two bananas rapidly - guess it could have been worse (cookies!).
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am down a couple pounds this morning from the 266 of last week. I know most of that is just from getting back on track but I will take it. Today my goal is to stay under my calorie goal for the day. I have already logged EVERYTHING that I should be eating and as long as I stick with the plan there should be no problem. I think my biggest thing is adding food at night when I am watching TV with my hubby. After all 4 of our kids have gone to bed and we are finally relaxing I feel like I need something to munch on. My plan for this is to plan a snack and allot calories for it. I will check back in tomorrow to let you all know how I did. It really is just a matter of saying NO to my cravings not sure WHY it is so hard!!! :D
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options

On the app, just touch “quote”. On a PC there is option for quote in the response

Connie in KY
  • aliciap0116
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »

On the app, just touch “quote”. On a PC there is option for quote in the response

Connie in KY

Thank you!!!
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did this challenge in September, I lost 6 pounds. Ready for October!
    SW: 204 Sept 2
    Goal Weight September Challenge: 199
    Reached Goal Weight Sept. Challenge: 198

SW 198
    CW 198
    GW October Challenge 193

Goals for October:
    1. 64 oz water daily
    2. Eat 3-5 freggies
    3. Exercise 30 mins 5 days week

09/30 198
    10/07 198
    10/14 197
    10/21
    10/28
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My weight down one day up one day,this happens
  • westie9915
    westie9915 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 238.9 (2016)
    October 1: 208.6
    October 8: 207.2
    October 15: 206.6
    October 31 goal: 199.9
    GW: 160.0

Goal check:

1. Exercise 3 times a week. - 5 times last week!!
    2. Log everything thing I eat - before I eat it. - this hasn't happened. I missed logging completely this weekend. trying harder this week.
    3. Participate in the boards on MFP. - check. other than this weekend when I completely logged out of everything.

Feeling frustrated with the slowness of the loss... Trying to remember that even if I continue at the pace I'm losing I could be 26 pounds down in a year. Learning to trust the process is hard. :s
  • lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Starting weight 273
    Current weight 248

Haven’t been logging consistently but have still been eating low carb. Not seeing a whole lot of progress on the scale although clothes are much looser and Ive replaces a pair of size 22 jeans with an 18 (Yeah NSV).

Have attempted intermittent fasting with some success in the past. Thinking about giving it a go again. I don’t really feel hungry in the morning anyway so I’m ok with just coffee. Not sure how I feel about skipping lunch at work too.

Goals for 2019:
    September under 250 (missed it by 0.6)
    October under 245
    November under 240
    December under 235

Goal for August 1, 2020: Onederland and a size 16 or smaller dress at my son’s wedding. (Currently a size 22)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Inov530, I love that you have protected your goal into the future, with a target goal and target size. Keep that vision to sustain you in the journey.