Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Options

Replies

• denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @gabi_texanmom I'm really sorry to hear about your work issues. I can empathize a great deal. It sucks. As @speyerj says, it is a good time for growth. Maybe it's time to take a vacation to de-stress. I also recommend self-reflection. I personally had to let go of my fierce competitiveness in terms of my career. I had to admit that although I wanted the management pay, I didn't relish the management hours and commitment of my time. Finally decided to take the lower pay and stay in a position where I know that when I leave after my 8 hours, my time is MINE. Sometimes I still feel like I want more, but my own self-reflection tells me I'm not willing to burn myself out for a job, and that helps me to be more satisfied with where I'm at. Good luck. Don't let any setback at work derail your progress here!

@amlundie and @clairturk you can do this! Focus your efforts and it'll pay off. Best of luck to you both!
  • lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Got my whoosh and dropped to 216.4 this morning. My goal for October is 214 so I'm right on track. Still hoping to surpass that and get close to 210 though.

That said, it's my TOM and not only am I ravenously hungry, my blood sugar keeps tanking. Plus... Thanksgiving. My SIL is cooking a feast on Monday. She makes this yam marshmallow thing, oh man. So good.

I wish it were socially acceptable to carry my kitchen scale everywhere.

I love my kitchen scale.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

I wish it were socially acceptable to carry my kitchen scale everywhere.

This. Someone needs to invent an app that turns your cell phone into a mini scale.

Congratulations on your woosh!
  • laceydokkenproctor
    laceydokkenproctor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Argh...I’m tracking, I’m making sure to get my 30 mins in each day, I’m drinking water, and I have had success avoiding potato chips - and things are going SO slow. I am doing my best to get out of the “Ive been doing this for 10 days - why am I not skinny yet???” It seems like it used to be so easy to take off a few pounds - maybe I have simply reached the age where that is a thing of the past. That’s fine, really, since by doing that I have never developed sustained habits that can lead me where I want to go, which is is what I really need to do to be successful long term. SO frustrating, though. 🤦‍♀️
    Note: i know I could lower my calorie budget and probably see some quicker movement but I want to make sure I can do this in real life, which means little tweaks (and subsequent slow progress) Slow and steady is good, just long.

How do you guys pick yourselves up when you’re feeling like you’re spinning your wheels?
  • Reachbrenda
    Reachbrenda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try lowing your sugar not your calories. Anything less than 1200 and your body will hit starvation mode! Sending you encouragement vibes.
  • laceydokkenproctor
    laceydokkenproctor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Thank you!
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    FYI starvation mode is a myth. The reason you don’t want to eat less than 1000-1200 calories a day is because your body and especially your organs need a certain amount of energy to keep working. If you overly restrict your calories it can really cause harm to your body. There was recently a post on MFP from a 20-something lady who had heart failure because of her very low calorie diet.

People experience plateaus. Sometimes it’s normal and can be caused by stress, lack of sleep, menstruation, etc. Most times it’s because they’re eating more than they think they are.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Here is a really interesting article on starvation mode and plateaus. It addresses things you can do to address both. Your metabolism and calorie needs do change as you lose weight so you have to adjust as your body adjusts. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/starvation-mode#bottom-line
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    amlundie wrote: »
    Hi my name is Melissa. I am currently at 267 and started the year at 282... I lost 20 lbs fairly quick and have been on the struggle bus for the last 6 months or so. I so desperately want to break into the 250s and have been close then fall off and gain back 5 lbs and off and on and off and on.....I am super frustrated with myself and this roller coaster!

My goal for today is to stay within my calorie goals, and drink 8 cups of water.

Make a list of what is hijacking you (people, places, circumstances) and create a plan to avoid. For example, I've opted out of work pot-lucks, and sandwich working lunches (which usually means chips and cookies too). I have also reduced the time I spend with a good friend, because I always overeat around her - when we do get together, I typically have to let her know what I can, and cannot order (before we get there).

At home, when family is around - I have to say when I am not eating, not just to choose eat "with" everyone especially if not hungry. Or be ok eating something a little different with lower cals.
  • Iamfocusingonme
    Iamfocusingonme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW 347
    CW 333
    GW 175ish

My goals for this month:
    LOG EVERYTHING
    Stay under calorie goal 6 days out of 7
    Move 30 minutes 3 days a week
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am going on a vacation to Denver next week, SO looking forward to it. BUT I have to deal with having less control over my food choices. I worry I will not only overeat, but then when I return I will have trouble sticking to my goals. I do have the App for myfitnesspal on my phone, so I am going to try to keep logging for better or worse.
    Any advice appreciated!

Log to the best of your ability. I went away for 4 weeks in June , I logged as best as I could. That way you don’t get out of the logging habit.

• moncher27
    moncher27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    moncher27 wrote: »
    Height 5'5''
    My SW 307 July
    My CW 294 Sept 22
    My GW 283 October 31
    Ultimate goal is 160

Track all food and water daily

Identify 2 positive non-weight related wins every week

Exercise 3 times each week

"Failing doesn't mean you have to start from scratch, it means you begin again with experience."