October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    She's thirteen! We still have this problem though - she's operating on maybe an eight or nine year old level in terms of maturity and fore-thought. She has ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and Tourette's, so we struggle with what's appropriate/ not appropriate in any given situation and she literally just does what she feels in the moment. We had a great time, though. I was just so happy she wanted to go with me - and the activity is so so so very good for self regulation!
    I can imagine it would be very helpful, on multiple levels. Glad you got to do that together!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Is anyone else participating in the Hug a Runner 5K challenge? It starts on November 11. You pledge to run a 5K for 10 days in a row. The challenge is run by the Run the Edge group (the same group that does the Run the Year challenge) and they make a donation to the American Society for Deaf Children for each registration. The basic registration is only $10 and each day that you complete your 5K you are eligible to be in a drawing for $5,000.

I am and I also bought a shirt! I have been wanting that shirt for a while and every year I have not ordered in time. It also sort of coincides with our run for @MobyCarp which BTW we need a few more folks to fill in time slots.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767469/november-miles-for-mobycarp/p1
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins - I will try and take a look at it tomorrow if I can.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I wasn't able to help out much, the only time I know I'll be running is earlier in the day on Nov 2 before the 24 hours starts, during my Spartan race. I put myself on there for 12-1 EST, but I am pretty likely to take longer than that. I may be able to fill in a little on the 3rd but it's really up in the air. Sorry I can't help with the most needed time slots.

@hamsterwheel6 fried olives sound interesting! Did you try them? What state is this?

I'm still in recovery mode, no running. But I went to the gym for a mace-training class and my hybrid circuit training this morning and now I'm sorer than I was. Squats and lunges killed me.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I wasn't able to help out much, the only time I know I'll be running is earlier in the day on Nov 2 before the 24 hours starts, during my Spartan race. I put myself on there for 12-1 EST, but I am pretty likely to take longer than that. I may be able to fill in a little on the 3rd but it's really up in the air. Sorry I can't help with the most needed time slots.

@hamsterwheel6 fried olives sound interesting! Did you try them? What state is this?

I'm still in recovery mode, no running. But I went to the gym for a mace-training class and my hybrid circuit training this morning and now I'm sorer than I was. Squats and lunges killed me.

North Carolina. Haven’t tried them yet, was planning on going tomorrow. I’ll let you know!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Ran some intervals around the apartment complex last night. There was a wind advisory but I thought it wouldn't be that bad, stepped out the door and nearly got blew over. But I got it done, slower than I would've liked but done nonetheless.

10.24 - 6.5km
    Total this month: 39km

You just need to run win the wind! :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options

MACE Training?
    aiy60onpteyp.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options

MACE Training?
    aiy60onpteyp.png

Are we nerds? This is what I thought of first too.

Well I write fantasy and scifi novels, so it would be hard for me to deny this LOL