Ideal Number

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
So there have been a few studies/surveys on this and I'm sure most are kinda inconclusive based on the fact that people tend to lie or omit the truth. However, I was curious based on other threads floating on here:
  • What is the preferred threshold of previous partners that a person has?
  • How do you perceive people who exceed this "magical" number?
  • Why do you perceive them that way?
  • Would you consider sleeping with someone if they had a higher number of partners than your preferred number?
  • Do you think women or men are judged more harshly based on these numbers? (in this day and age, that is)?
  • If you don't mind sharing, what is *your* number of previous partners?

For myself? I have no magic number. I don't care how many people you've been with in the past, although I might be curious about your previous relationships from a "getting to know you" perspective. I also wouldn't really care about that number and if it exceeded my own. If I had an interest in that person, that interest is happening regardless of who they banged in the past, so...

I'll share my number later on when I get some responses and feedback to my questions. ;)

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    I have had one but the number of women
    who have wanted me probably numbers in the thousands.

probably ???
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I plead the fifth.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I plead the fifth.

source.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I so wanna answer this but... nah.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Simple-After-effects-Counter.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I don't ask because it doesn't matter, all I care is that I am the only partner during the relationship.

I resist telling because I don't think it should matter to anyone else. (I've only been asked once) If it mattered, I think I'd rethink that person as a partner. Seriously. I'm 55, am I supposed to have been celibate all these years?
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    efthyj8u1sik.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    idgaf. i mean that. i like what you said in a previous post about disease, babies, & drama. So long as he hasn’t procreated all over the place and can pass an sti screen and isn’t weird about sex, then the number doesn’t matter. unless his number is zero and he’s my age because i don’t have the wherewithal to unpack the whys of that.

i don’t share my number because yes, people judge.

Okay, knowing that.. would you judge a person if you found out that the number was higher than expected? Or still not care?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Any particular reason for that number?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't ask because it doesn't matter, all I care is that I am the only partner during the relationship.

I resist telling because I don't think it should matter to anyone else. (I've only been asked once) If it mattered, I think I'd rethink that person as a partner. Seriously. I'm 55, am I supposed to have been celibate all these years?

Okay, but what if a partner asked you these questions? Would you tell them or would you still omit doing so? Some people are just curious and don't actually judge you based on the number of sexual partners you've had, some do.. how do you determine which will and which won't?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    efthyj8u1sik.jpeg

Okay, my number is definitely less than this. :laugh: More than one, less than a ball park. :lol:
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    idgaf. i mean that. i like what you said in a previous post about disease, babies, & drama. So long as he hasn’t procreated all over the place and can pass an sti screen and isn’t weird about sex, then the number doesn’t matter. unless his number is zero and he’s my age because i don’t have the wherewithal to unpack the whys of that.

Okay, knowing that.. would you judge a person if you found out that the number was higher than expected? Or still not care?

if the person was a friend i care about or a potential partner

i’d care only if i thought it was a symptom of something. in that case it would have to be one of several “symptoms” in order for it to mean anything. Like if i thought he might be medicating with sex instead of with food like a normal person. or if he had an addiction.

even then it wouldn’t be a moral judgement and it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker

eta: the number would have to be magic johnson high in order to shock me

etaeta: shock is the wrong word
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

if the person was a friend i care about or a potential partner

i’d care only if i thought it was a symptom of something. in that case it would have to be one of several “symptoms” in order for it to mean anything. Like if i thought he might be medicating with sex instead of with food like a normal person. or if he had an addiction.

even then it wouldn’t be a moral judgement and it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker

That's fair. Sounds more like concern than judgment. :heart:
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I was with you right up until ‘weird ‘ .
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I was with you right up until ‘weird ‘ .

there’s weird and then there’s weird
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I don’t really care as long as he’s honest and faithful. There is a good chance my number is less than his number.

I stopped caring about this kind of thing past age 25 ish.