• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin & curry
    Potato & leek
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Chicken wild rice (made a pot yesterday)
    Tortellini with Italian turkey sausage
    French onion
    Clam chowder
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Beef vegetable using Mother & Grma’s recipe. I call it loaded veggie soup with homemade beef broth,lots of shredded ,sautéed cabbage,diced carrots,onion,celery.Then add every veggie in the garden or freezer,a couple cans of rinsed beans & lots of spices,your choice. Makes a lot of soup.Serve with rustic bread or cheese & crackers. So good & filling.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Potato soup
    Quick French onion soup
    Tomato soup w/toast or grilled cheese
    Hamburger vegetable
    Cabbage soup
    Chicken and dumpling soup
    Pinto bean soup

Ooo yes Cabbage soup!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I love almost all soups. I love that this thread is giving me additional ideas.

Discovered sorrel soup this year, although that's more of a spring thing, same with a cold potato and leek or that with watercress. Gazpachos of all kinds are a summer favorite. But for this time of year, tomato, black bean and sweet potato, kale and sausage and white beans, Italian wedding soup, all kinds of broccoli soup, all kinds of chicken soup. Had a play on bouillabaisse last night.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Hot & Sour soup, the kind with tofu, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, etc. in it. There are 2 really good restaurants locally I get it from.

ooh yes definitely my favorite too.

My husband makes a thick split pea soup year round and I love that too. I also really like a simple homemade vegetable soup with a tomato base. Alongside some cheese toast and fruit, it's the perfect fall/winter meal to me.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese watercress soup is a year round favourite for me..
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I like lentil with red lentils, they get all mushy and make a nice thick soup. Stock with onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes and S&P is usually good enough.

I make a good tomato soup from scratch too, with white beans.

Cabbage soup with a can of fire roasted tomatoes and some kind of ground meat or meat substitute is regular.

I just got a new vegan cookbook that has a soup and stew section, and plan to dip into that soon!
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Anything with carrots but I think carrot, leek and potato with a dash of curry powder is my favourite 🤤
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fish soup. Saute two shredded leeks, add a pound of cut up fish pieces, a cut up leftover potato and 32 oz of chicken broth. Add Better than Bouillon Lobster Base. Season to taste. Simmer. Serves 4. Calories 250/svg.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Chili...just made my first batch today..it was awesome but hard to only have one serving.

Next day chili is the best! This batch was spicy...so good! 355 calories for 300 gram serving.
    96ylcj6eu02c.jpg
  • Mrsabror
    Mrsabror Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in Louisiana, so a good chicken and sausage gumbo is where it's at. I have some in the fridge now!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Its Canadian Thanksgiving today and that means....leftover Turkey Soup. Yummy. Lemon Orzo is probably my fave...but Tomato, and a good chunky chicken would also be up there. I avoid the creamy soups for the most part, but once in awhile a mushroom goes down nicely!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love cheddar broccoli soup as well as minestrone! I need to try some new flavours though, as much as I like soup there are plenty out there I haven't tried.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My fav is cream of asparagus with lil dollop of sour cream on top :p
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Spring: fresh herbs and spinach soup with poached egg
    Summer: Gazpacho
    Autumn: Grilled butternut cream
    Winter: Sour / spicy chicken broth
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    French onion soup
    Also love experimenting with different chili concoctions
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    egg drop
    parmesean garlic potato
    baked potato
    roasted tomato/basil (with mozarella grilled cheese)
    lentil with smoked sausage

i love this season