Online dating

Finishiitnow
Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
Have you ever been curious about using them? Do they work? Your thoughts.

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Do they work? It depends on your gender, age, race, location, etc. Generally, the older you are, the less people you could date are making profiles online. If you have specific requirements (such as wanting someone who is childless or into sports) that's going to reduce your dating pool.

My opinion - use them but don't be surprised if you don't start a relationship with someone you met on a dating app.
  • Finishiitnow
    joeynox wrote: »
    I've used them and yes they can work. It really comes down to what you want, a play toy, fun time or relationship. Stick to your goals and you will find what you want but always be honest with the other person. I've made amazing friends, gone on great dates and HORRIFFIC ONES (which are just really funny to drink friends)

What app should you suggest for people around 40? Apps can be expensive and I don't want to invest in something that I could regret.
  • Finishiitnow
    threewins wrote: »
    Do they work? It depends on your gender, age, race, location, etc. Generally, the older you are, the less people you could date are making profiles online. If you have specific requirements (such as wanting someone who is childless or into sports) that's going to reduce your dating pool.

My opinion - use them but don't be surprised if you don't start a relationship with someone you met on a dating app.

How to meet people then?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    What's the worst thing that could happen??
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    I signed up for Bumble about 6 months ago, and have no experience with dating apps outside of it. The app is well designed, and you’re not bombarded with a million messages from random guys because, as I understand it, only the woman can message first, which honestly has it’s pros and cons, especially for someone like me, who is naturally quite shy haha
    It’s been pretty good so far. Met a few really nice guys I felt I “clicked” with. I agree with @joeynox , honesty is key.

My friend recently suggested Hinge. Apparently, it’s more social. You can “like” certain aspects of a persons profile and initiate a conversation from there. I haven’t had the time or energy to look into it yet. Has anyone else tried it??
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    theresa120 wrote: »
    I signed up for Bumble about 6 months ago, and have no experience with dating apps outside of it. The app is well designed, and you’re not bombarded with a million messages from random guys because, as I understand it, only the woman can message first, which honestly has it’s pros and cons, especially for someone like me, who is naturally quite shy haha
    It’s been pretty good so far. Met a few really nice guys I felt I “clicked” with. I agree with @joeynox , honesty is key.

My friend recently suggested Hinge. Apparently, it’s more social. You can “like” certain aspects of a persons profile and initiate a conversation from there. I haven’t had the time or energy to look into it yet. Has anyone else tried it??

Thank you just downloaded Bumble now
  • michaelroode
    I've tried a whole bunch. I haven't had much success. Most guys I have chatted with seemed overly concerned with birth control. Dude! You're not getting any from me. Don't worry yourself

Hahaha that is funny first line are you on the pill or do you get the 6 monthly injection...

then this will be my opening line don't worry I got the snip 5 years ago heheheh... Not that is over share
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I've tried a whole bunch. I haven't had much success. Most guys I have chatted with seemed overly concerned with birth control. Dude! You're not getting any from me. Don't worry yourself

Hahaha that is funny first line are you on the pill or do you get the 6 monthly injection...

then this will be my opening line don't worry I got the snip 5 years ago heheheh... Not that is over share

:lol: Yeah! If I needed birth control I wouldn't be on a dating app. #justsaying
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Ugh I am not looking forward to all of this when I'm ready to start dating again. When I met my previous partner we met each other in a social situation... does that not happen anymore?!
  • michaelroode
    I have one cat but can't even say its mine, got it for my daughter for her 4th birthday
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I have used the dating apps. It is very easy to get a date but most guys on there are only looking for one thing and in my experience, they are usually dating many women at once, and many aren’t even really single!

Not everyone, kinda depends which dating sites you use i guess
    Some consider Tinder a dating site, while it clearly is not