Speedos are Acceptable

Options
YoungGun11
YoungGun11 Posts: 46 Member
I believe speedos should not be frowned upon when worn at a place bathing suits are allowed.

Replies

• YoungGun11
    Options
    I don’t think it’s frowning people are doing at speedos.

😾
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Of course they’re acceptable. I’m still gonna laugh and stare

How do you feel about thick gold chains as a speedo swimwear accessory along with a fake Rolex wristwatch ??

... I'm asking for a friend.

yes, and one must lament loudly about the good old days when this was a nude beach
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Swimwear follows fashion. I live in Italy and swim at the pool 3x a week. All the men who are serious swimmers are in Speedos. Most have great bodies. I can always tell when a guy comes in wearing board shorts that he won't be a good swimmer so I stay out of the lane he's in. My husband who is a great swimmer wears his Speedos under board shorts to the beach. When he goes for his swim he takes off the board shorts. He is one of the few that go out to the buoys and does the butterfly. He's 65--what a guy!

My swimmer son wears jammers. They’re sort of a compromise between the two
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Swimwear follows fashion. I live in Italy and swim at the pool 3x a week. All the men who are serious swimmers are in Speedos. Most have great bodies. I can always tell when a guy comes in wearing board shorts that he won't be a good swimmer so I stay out of the lane he's in. My husband who is a great swimmer wears his Speedos under board shorts to the beach. When he goes for his swim he takes off the board shorts. He is one of the few that go out to the buoys and does the butterfly. He's 65--what a guy!

Well that's nice but there's a reason our Olympic swimmers wear Speedos, or do people make fun of them too? Also the tan one gets with board shorts is pretty ugly. Just my opinion. B)
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited October 2019
    Options

Well that's nice but there's a reason our Olympic swimmers wear Speedos, or do people make fun of them too? Also the tan one gets with board shorts is pretty ugly. Just my opinion. B)

Ah well, modesty is mostly cultural I suppose

ETA: and i just double checked because I don’t really follow competitive sports, but it appears many make swimmers now wear jammers. Their torso and lower legs must remain bare and their suits must be made of a woven textile.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    Guys who wear speedos should have to wear a bikini top too.

Negative. Girls who wear tops, shouldn’t wear bottoms?
  • YoungGun11
    Options

How do you feel about thick gold chains as a speedo swimwear accessory along with a fake Rolex wristwatch ??

I dream of the day I can wear a speedo, gold chains, and a REAL Rolex.
  • YoungGun11
    Options

yes, and one must lament loudly about the good old days when this was a nude beach

I’ll be wearing chest hair and gold chains at the nude beach.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    gpz7vx6jnacj.jpg
    hskcevuqdjpt.jpg
    tfc1a4swbtbv.jpg

What's not to like about Speedo's? Speedo suits come in all so many colors and designs now for so many different types of sports.

I think sometimes people don't particularly like what's wearing a Speedo; but as far as Speedo being not acceptable... I would challenge that notion.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    gpz7vx6jnacj.jpg
    hskcevuqdjpt.jpg
    tfc1a4swbtbv.jpg

What's not to like about Speedo's? Speedo suits come in all so many colors and designs now for so many different types of sports.

I think sometimes people don't particularly like what's wearing a Speedo; but as far as Speedo being not acceptable... I would challenge that notion.

Remember, it’s a big world and cultures are different. Some places are not as acceptable as others. In some cultures, a speedo is the norm. Sort of like a woman or man going topless....some places allow and some not allow.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I don't have to be versed on how big the world is or different cultures are. There is a speedo design for each of them. I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    I don't have to be versed on how big the world is or different cultures are. There is a speedo design for each of them. I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

👌
  • YoungGun11
    Options

Speedo mountain gear. I like 😜😜😜