Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How do you define "Curvy?"

Replies

• sdenness9925sdenness9925 Member Posts: 255 Member Member Posts: 255 Member
    I have to say i thought hour glass was literally like an hour glass, though this could be defined as curvy. But then any curvy in the right places is curvy, so ........ man i dont know actualy, but hey, really great question
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,733 Member Member Posts: 1,733 Member
    I would really like to take back the ‘curvy’ moniker for the hourglass shape. Even now that I still have some inches to lose in the midsection I still consider myself a curvy figure, I think it has more to do with the hip shape when it comes to pants.

It’s been a nightmare finding jeans to fit in the low and mid rise styles for the last 5-10 years. A curved cut would have a smaller waist in relation to the hips, and would avoid the dreaded gap of doom. We won’t even talk about those of us with a long torso and high natural waist.

That is so me. These "high waisted" pants still come below my belly button and probably a good inch or two below my waist.

You must’ve not discovered ‘super high’ high waisted jeans yet?

• mom23mangosmom23mangos Member Posts: 2,986 Member Member Posts: 2,986 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I would really like to take back the ‘curvy’ moniker for the hourglass shape. Even now that I still have some inches to lose in the midsection I still consider myself a curvy figure, I think it has more to do with the hip shape when it comes to pants.

It’s been a nightmare finding jeans to fit in the low and mid rise styles for the last 5-10 years. A curved cut would have a smaller waist in relation to the hips, and would avoid the dreaded gap of doom. We won’t even talk about those of us with a long torso and high natural waist.

That is so me. These "high waisted" pants still come below my belly button and probably a good inch or two below my waist.

Oh I have. That's really what I was referring to above. I have 2 pairs. They both come below my naval.
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Member Posts: 4,102 Member Member Posts: 4,102 Member
    Booty, thighs, and breasts. To me, hips have nothing to do with it. One can have wide hips and be otherwise skinny.
  • emmabrookes1emmabrookes1 Member Posts: 67 Member Member Posts: 67 Member
    Not shaped like SpongeBob.
    So true, and why I'm here :#
  • TooDamnSweetTooDamnSweet Member, Premium Posts: 63 Member Member, Premium Posts: 63 Member
    Curvy and hour glass body types are not necessarily the same thing. Curvy is synonymous with curvaceous, rounded, zaftig, shapely, buxom, statuesque, voluptuousw, well-rounded, sonsie, bosomy, etc. Also, measurement proportions can be misleading depending on height.
  • ButtermelloButtermello Member Posts: 112 Member Member Posts: 112 Member
    To me curvy is someone who has a fairly prominent butt/bust, smaller waist, flat belly. And yes... I do think it has become synonymous with chunky/fat for some.

While, I dont particularly think that I am 'fat', I also think that I am too chubby to use the term curvy as I envision it. I have a large measurement difference between boobs/waist/hips... but I also have a lower stomach pouch. A high waist means that even though I have a belly, my actual waist isnt that big.

• cherrylou123cherrylou123 Member Posts: 96 Member Member Posts: 96 Member
    Curvy has smaller waist and wider hips😊😊😊

Not all slim are curvy.. Not all fat are curvy 😉

I like curvy than slim or fat..
  • tufntendertufntender Member Posts: 82 Member Member Posts: 82 Member
    Well, from my rearview I have been described as curvy and HWP, yay. But, then I turn around and My man calls me pleasantly plump, hmmm
  • SezxyStefSezxyStef Member Posts: 15,248 Member Member Posts: 15,248 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Booty, thighs, and breasts. To me, hips have nothing to do with it. One can have wide hips and be otherwise skinny.

you get that hips are "booty and thighs" pretty much right???
  • xophnexophne Member, Premium Posts: 19 Member Member, Premium Posts: 19 Member
    Curvy to me is low waist to hip ratio. Around 0.7 & lower, I’m a 0.61. A person can have a low ratio and be “big” or “small”. When I was 45 pounds heavier my ratio just happened to remain the same, I was considered curvy although some called me overweight/chubby.
    edited April 15
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,559 Member Member Posts: 3,559 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »

qn6mikysxlc8.jpeg

I love this picture, this is how I look trying on "regular" clothes, I'm 5'4 but am smaller on the bottom so I need petites and have to try everything on, buying regular leggings I usually end up with saggy butt syndrome unless I yank them up like this! Petites are always "floods" where they're too short, I hate trying on clothes.
  • chloecolachloecola Member, Premium Posts: 95 Member Member, Premium Posts: 95 Member
    When I personally think 'curvy', I think classic pin up coke bottle shape.
    36/24/36 😘💕
    But honestly, 'curvy' doesn't necessarily mean concave.... it can mean convex...
    but I personally think 'curvy' has an attractive connotation?
    Not saying fat women can't be beautiful... 😅😂😭
    I'm going to bed.
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,164 Member Member Posts: 3,164 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »

you get that hips are "booty and thighs" pretty much right???

Nope. Some skinny women have wide hips but skinny legs and a flat butt. Not the same things.

That would be me. Small waist, wide hips but toothpick legs and a pancake behind. Wide shoulders but no bust to speak of. I would never fit any clothing labelled "curvy".
  • lexabeeplexabeep Member, Premium Posts: 168 Member Member, Premium Posts: 168 Member
    My husband described me as curvy forever. When I weighed 105 lb to now after three kids at 145. I agree that it has a lot to do with the hip-wasit- bust ratio. I think you can weigh outside the normal BMI and still be called curvy if you still have that ratio.