Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited November 2019
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Really failed/let myself down last month. I'm sitting here frustrated/angry with something that someone else has done and this, yes this, triggered me to want to drink tonight. What a stupid reason to drink?!? I know in a few days my feelings/thoughts over this person will simmer down... There's a country song (I don't know who sings it) that says "baby, you ain't worth the whiskey..." It's not anyone who really matters to me or that I even care about; I'm just irritated.

I want one month where I don't eff up... I had almost 4,700 calories consumed on the 30th. Most were not alcohol calories but they were definitely a food/booze binge combination. I think I'm going to go out for a run... I do not know who said it first but I know Oprah Winfrey quoted it that..."living well is the best revenge..."

Let's help each other through this. It's so hard for me, sometimes, and then the only person I'm pissed at after I've drank is the one that I'm looking at in the mirror. It's such a waste for so many reasons... Thank you for the support...

Girl.....you are writing what so many of us have gone through. It is not easy and certainly not fair when we try our damnist to reduce our alcohol consumption and some stupid thing messes it up.
    Deep breath, tomorrow is a new day. And you know for sure we are all going to be here. HUGS!
  • MissMay
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @MissMay, thank you... I did end up going for a run and I feel better...I'm going to put on a movie and chillax now. I did not drink, though, so I will go to sleep and wake up and not feel guilty.

BRAVO. So we can chalk you up for two successful nights in November? Have a good rest, you will feel better in the AM.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Way to be strong @LoveyChar
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement. I hope y'all are doing well.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Three for three AF so far! It gets easier the more days away from my last drink. Plus I feel so much better in the morning.

@dawnbgethealthy I love love love that Perrier in a cool martini glass! I think a fancy glass makes AF drinks so much more special. I too did not have many AF drinks as I planned in October, want to get back on track for this month

@LoveyChar we’ve all been there. You can do it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    Three for three AF so far! It gets easier the more days away from my last drink. Plus I feel so much better in the morning.

@dawnbgethealthy I love love love that Perrier in a cool martini glass! I think a fancy glass makes AF drinks so much more special. I too did not have many AF drinks as I planned in October, want to get back on track for this month

Yes, I chilled the glass in the freezer, and gulped gulped gulped that Perrier really wishing for a cocktail instead. Lol, had that really been Martinis and I drank 500ml (16oz?) I would have puked my guts out.
    I definitely have to keep doing that sort of stuff to cut back on the drinking that basically turned me back to "drinks every day" girl. Time to moderate for sure!
  • MissMay
    @dawnbgethealthy that is too funny about the "kiten" replacement, I am not sure I ever heard you ask what it meant.

I have been using a stemmed glass for a while to satisfy my cocktail urge, and also to keep others from asking why I am not drinking when I am out. The symbol of the glass wins over what is inside of it..

Love your new profile pic!!