Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy that is too funny about the "kiten" replacement, I am not sure I ever heard you ask what it meant.

I have been using a stemmed glass for a while to satisfy my cocktail urge, and also to keep others from asking why I am not drinking when I am out. The symbol of the glass wins over what is inside of it..

Love your new profile pic!!

Thanks about the pic. I don't love it, but the other one got cropped so much by MFP that I thought that I would change it to another.
    What about you @MissMay, new pic coming? :- )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    6:08 in Vegas another 24 💖 @dawnbegethealthy that "kitten" thing cracks me up! Over on the SoberSquad a few months ago one of the posters was trying to post about Dick Vandyke and his journey to get sober and it kept throwing the "kitten' into his name,I was laughing so hard 😆 have a great day all!

That is so funny!! Dick is not the word that I used that got replaced, so there must be a list : - )
    Can't wait to see if it happens when I press "post" lol.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Apparently "dick" is an okay word to use hahaha
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Welcome @jessrenee347 . Nice to have you joining in. Tons of support here. 1-2 drinks per week does not sound like alot if that is less than you were previously consuming. Good choice.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy that is too funny about the "kiten" replacement, I am not sure I ever heard you ask what it meant.

I have been using a stemmed glass for a while to satisfy my cocktail urge, and also to keep others from asking why I am not drinking when I am out. The symbol of the glass wins over what is inside of it..

Love your new profile pic!!

Thanks about the pic. I don't love it, but the other one got cropped so much by MFP that I thought that I would change it to another.
    What about you @MissMay, new pic coming? :- )

Thanks for the nudge. Old dogs can do new tricks! Lol
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited November 2019
    Options
    [/quote]

What about you @MissMay, new pic coming? :- )[/quote]

Thanks for the nudge. Old dogs can do new tricks! Lol[/quote]

I had to put my reading glasses on. I was like, "oh, a new person joined our lovely group" and then was like "what??" It is our @MissMay !!
    Yahoo nice to "see" you!!!! Very beautiful!
    :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jessrenee347 . Nice to have you joining in. Tons of support here. 1-2 drinks per week does not sound like alot if that is less than you were previously consuming. Good choice.

I agree💖 6:36 in Vegas another 24,I swear I've had two colds so far this fall,I'm over it! Gonna spray my whole house with Lysol 🤧
  • MissMay
    Options

I had to put my reading glasses on. I was like, "oh, a new person joined our lovely group" and then was like "what??"
    It is our @MissMay !!
    Yahoo nice to "see" you!!!!
    Very beautiful!

Thanks Dawn, about time I jumped out of that square box I was living in. LOL
  • MissMay
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

I agree💖 6:36 in Vegas another 24,I swear I've had two colds so far this fall,I'm over it! Gonna spray my whole house with Lysol 🤧

Oh that sucks. A cold in Vegas. Last time I was there it was 93 in the shade lol. Have to get back for a trip, but I know it would not be a totaly dry AF trip. 😉
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Planning for No Drinks November following a completely Sober October.

Oct - AF 31 of 31

Nov 1 - AF
    Nov 2 - 2 drinks - very disappointed that I used the excuse of stress caused by working too much to break the promise I made to myself. I really wanted to continue Sober October into November.
    Nov 3 - AF
    Nov 4 - AF
    Nov 5 - AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had to put my reading glasses on. I was like, "oh, a new person joined our lovely group" and then was like "what??"
    It is our @MissMay !!
    Yahoo nice to "see" you!!!!
    Very beautiful!

Thanks Dawn, about time I jumped out of that square box I was living in. LOL

Well, what you had posted before looked kind of like a black-haired girl with a pony tail running.
    Can't believe that you hid your beauty from us all of this time!