Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    6:48 in Vegas another 24 💖
  • yamabachi
    yamabachi Posts: 273 Member
    @vvlucky - Love your strategy of limiting your drinking by using a defined container. We keep big box wine in the house at all times (red and white) to keep handy for cooking and because hubs drinks every night. I unfortunately followed suit because it is just too easy to pour yourself a glass and not be limited by the container size. Those regular wine boxes are pretty much an unlimited supply.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Imaging the look on my doctor's face if I requested a script for Chianti..."Are you feeling depressed??"..."No, I just miss my bes' fren' ".
    You KNOW you are "elderly" when your doctor routinely asks if you are depressed. Nope, I'm a pessimist so I'm constantly happily surprised when everything continues to go right.
    3 & 1/2 months AF...see how I segued into counting AF months, not days ?! Moderate drinking begins on Thanksgiving at the 4 month mark. Time to dust off my milk glass 3 ounces juices, repurposed as wine glasses.
    Or not.
    Fear of failure may keep me sipping AF beer instead.
    The further I go, the more reluctant I am to break "the streak"...and the more I try to convince myself I can handle "a little".

Welcome to all the recent arrivals !! <3
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 01 - AF - Really felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    November 02 - AF - Worked my *kitten* off in the yard and again really wanted drinks afterward. But didn't.
    November 03 - 3 drinks hours ago at a friend's place. Not planned. My plan is for drinks on Tuesdays and either Saturday OR Sunday, although I have two theatre outings (involving wine) on Thursdays this month, but will try to keep it to 2-3 days per week.
    OMG, just discovered what "kitten" is!! I have asked people what that meant and didn't get a reply. I see that what I wrote in my last post got rewritten as "kitten". Hahaha : - )
    November 04 - AF
    November 05 - 3 drinks. Actually, I haven't had any at all yet, but unbelievably just finished work - I was up at 4am and it was a very long grueling day. Definitely going to have some food and some cocktails. I will be happy to stick to my plan of drinks on Tuesdays and one or two other days of the week. October turned into almost drinks every day again. I feel like I am back on track to moderate, definitely glad to allow myself Tuesdays, they are a bit *kitten* ridiculous. Wrote that just to test the kitten thing lol.
    November 06 - AF - Not difficult at all. That gives me 4 AF for the 1st week so far, going to try for 5.
    November 07 - Not a planned drink day at all. I pulled something in my back this morning during a simple workout, this has never happened. I still had to go into the field and do a whole bunch of jobs (including lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, and as it turns out screaming in pain). I had hurt knees this past week and couldn't even skate...only 59, like seriously? Anyway, having a couple of drinks, after the first one I relaxed quite a bit, on the second now. I have some of that icy hot stuff on and bought some robax-type stuff which should be interesting on top of alcohol. I am an active girl, being sidelined from activity is not my jam nor good for my mental/emotional/physical health. No doubt alcohol is probably not the answer, but for now it has relaxed my back a little.
    November 08 - AF. Definitely thought about having at least 1/2 glass of wine to soothe me, but had Bengal spice tea instead which was soothing. Hurting unit today, good thing that it is the weekend and I can take it easy and rest.
    November 09 - 3 drinks. Can't workout or ice skate right now, my usual way of balancing. Booze probably wasn't the answer, but I had drinks and sort of numbed myself.
    November 10 - AF. I was reading about good foods to include to make one's back/knees better...it included red wine! Lol, didn't have one, but I know how lovely having a glass or two of red wine each day was on my vacay. Maybe Tuesday.
    November 11 - AF
    November 12 - 3 drinks

Running tally 7AF days out of 12 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 01 - AF - Really felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    November 02 - AF - Worked my *kitten* off in the yard and again really wanted drinks afterward. But didn't.
    November 03 - 3 drinks hours ago at a friend's place. Not planned. My plan is for drinks on Tuesdays and either Saturday OR Sunday, although I have two theatre outings (involving wine) on Thursdays this month, but will try to keep it to 2-3 days per week.
    OMG, just discovered what "kitten" is!! I have asked people what that meant and didn't get a reply. I see that what I wrote in my last post got rewritten as "kitten". Hahaha : - )
    November 04 - AF
    November 05 - 3 drinks. Actually, I haven't had any at all yet, but unbelievably just finished work - I was up at 4am and it was a very long grueling day. Definitely going to have some food and some cocktails. I will be happy to stick to my plan of drinks on Tuesdays and one or two other days of the week. October turned into almost drinks every day again. I feel like I am back on track to moderate, definitely glad to allow myself Tuesdays, they are a bit *kitten* ridiculous. Wrote that just to test the kitten thing lol.
    November 06 - AF - Not difficult at all. That gives me 4 AF for the 1st week so far, going to try for 5.
    November 07 - Not a planned drink day at all. I pulled something in my back this morning during a simple workout, this has never happened. I still had to go into the field and do a whole bunch of jobs (including lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, and as it turns out screaming in pain). I had hurt knees this past week and couldn't even skate...only 59, like seriously? Anyway, having a couple of drinks, after the first one I relaxed quite a bit, on the second now. I have some of that icy hot stuff on and bought some robax-type stuff which should be interesting on top of alcohol. I am an active girl, being sidelined from activity is not my jam nor good for my mental/emotional/physical health. No doubt alcohol is probably not the answer, but for now it has relaxed my back a little.
    November 08 - AF. Definitely thought about having at least 1/2 glass of wine to soothe me, but had Bengal spice tea instead which was soothing. Hurting unit today, good thing that it is the weekend and I can take it easy and rest.
    November 09 - 3 drinks. Can't workout or ice skate right now, my usual way of balancing. Booze probably wasn't the answer, but I had drinks and sort of numbed myself.
    November 10 - AF. I was reading about good foods to include to make one's back/knees better...it included red wine! Lol, didn't have one, but I know how lovely having a glass or two of red wine each day was on my vacay. Maybe Tuesday.
    November 11 - AF
    November 12 - 3 drinks
    November 13 - AF - planned wine with girlfriends for our theatre outing tomorrow night.

Running tally 8AF days out of 13 days so far.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @yamabachi Thank you for the reassuring words and sharing your experience. I appreciate what you said and I feel better after reading it... I am grateful and hopeful that they're being overly cautious to look again. Thank you...

@whitpauly Thank you for your kind words.

@Womona Thank you for your kind words! Still hanging in there...

@dawnbgethealthy Thank you! I appreciate the positive thoughts and I will stay strong.

@MissMay Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps me, or at least calms me down some, to know that you have had call backs. Never pleasant but at least it's good to know that it doesn't necessarily mean the big, ugly word of horror.

I'm still sober, 15 days and I plan to make it an AF month. I hope all of you ladies have a great day and weekend ❣️