Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    I keep hearing the same obnoxious words out of my DH's lips when we are out. "Don't be rude, it is out of respect to take a drink someone offers to buy us"
    You have no idea how my blood begins to boil and I am sure there must be steam coming out my ears everytime he says this. Yes I enjoy going out to listen to music, unfortunately they do not tend to play at the local super market at 9:00am or hair salon during my appointment. So out to reastraunts or pubs we go, where there is a huge flow of alcohol while listening to open mic night or a local band.

Remember years ago ( for those of you in my age bracket) when showing up at someones home for a nice dinner or welcoming a person to the neighborhood you would show up with a plate of baked goods or a hot casserole, maybe a bouquet of flowers? Now....the majority of guests show up with bottles of alcohol. 🤐

Rant over~

Is this his boss or something buying you drinks? Otherwise I don't really get it. I don't like people paying for me at all. I certainly do not accept easily.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    My friends asked why we weren't drinking this week during our bowling night, "Sober October is over!" they said. Who cares why we chose not to drink that night at all? It was a bit frustrating.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @MissMay
    Surely you could accept a drink when offered and the local bartenders know to make your special AF drink for you in a fancy glass with a garnish?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    My friends asked why we weren't drinking this week during our bowling night, "Sober October is over!" they said. Who cares why we chose not to drink that night at all? It was a bit frustrating.

Ditto!
  • MissMay
    Some very good thoughts in response to my wee little rant yesterday. No not a boss, just some people we chat with when out. And I have gotten my special beverage request a few times, this was a tray of spilling tequila shots that was staggering towards us. Thinking DH wants me to accept so he can have the shot I would have turned down.
    Ok end of that subject for me. 😊
  • MissMay
    yamabachi wrote: »
    Day 6 of my current AF streak. Just one more day until I reach my goal of 7 days AF. Seems to get easier with time, and I think even hubs is drinking less too.

Yay! We are cheering for you to meet your 7 day goal!
  • MissMay
    whitpauly wrote: »
    6:58 am in Vegas another 24, yesterday was another toughie and I'm wondering what the kitten is going on 🤔 lingering effects of the full moon? TOM? Meh,best to just urge surf and not analyze it to death I guess,hey thank you all for being here and being such a good support 💖
    Sorry to hear you are having such strong tugging urges lately. I hope you found something to take your mind off it.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    Some very good thoughts in response to my wee little rant yesterday. No not a boss, just some people we chat with when out. And I have gotten my special beverage request a few times, this was a tray of spilling tequila shots that was staggering towards us. Thinking DH wants me to accept so he can have the shot I would have turned down.
    Ok end of that subject for me. 😊

Oh that kind of changes things because then it's just more about a free drink for him and not about him not respecting your wishes. I could see my husband doing this too...