Thanksgiving: What are you bringing to the table?

Options

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The SIL and BIL will have it and it's going to be five miles away. MIL and her husband are bringing the dessert. I'm bringing the turkey (lots of butter!) and cranberry sauce. My husband makes a mean sourdough-sausage stuffing

I will be walking the local Turkey Trot!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    The SIL and BIL will have it and it's going to be five miles away. MIL and her husband are bringing the dessert. I'm bringing the turkey (lots of butter!) and cranberry sauce. My husband makes a mean sourdough-sausage stuffing

I will be walking the local Turkey Trot!

Yum.. love stuffing! My family does turkey without the butter, though
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I usually cook the whole shebang, but this year my five far-flung adult children, along with their spouses and kids, are all congregating in a rented house for the holiday and bringing in a meal from Whole Foods. The menu looks fabulous but there's always room for more pie, so I'm bringing my mincemeat pie (beloved by a few but spurned by most) and pecan pie (only marginally more popular). Why bring such unloved desserts? They're my personal favorites and its all about me.
    That’s why we always had orange jello with apricots at my moms house!

Ha! Sadly, my family will have to carry on without my jello fruit cocktail extravaganza this year. I'm afraid it wouldn't survive the long and winding road to the rental house.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I'm going out with my husband's family. I'm not a big fan of restaurants on holidays (I hate crowds), but we alternate years between his family and mine, and they like to eat out. I'd rather be at my parents' house eating Grandma's stuffing. Grandma is no longer with us, but the stuffing lives on!
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My appetite
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    armyvet25 wrote: »
    12" springform pan deep deep cheesecake...none for me though :(

Are you lactose intolerant?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hmm —- Mini pumpkins filled with roast pumpkin..

Roast Brussels sprouts for sure. ✅
    Maybe some nice dragonfruit for dessert... 🤔

My husband wanted me to make macarons but they take forever and are so delicate- I’ll need some motivation for that.. jury is out on that one.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am bringing cheesey potatoes to a friendsgiving next weekend!
  • pancakerunner
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I am bringing cheesey potatoes to a friendsgiving next weekend!

best ever!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Fried turkey

rather than roasted??
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Fried turkey

rather than roasted??

Yeah...everyone in the family like the fried one so I'm the designated turkey frier.. 😁

Typically do two 20#s..
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Fried turkey

rather than roasted??

Yeah...everyone in the family like the fried one so I'm the designated turkey frier.. 😁

Typically do two 20#s..

how do you fry it?? deep frier??
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I won my ex's old friends in the break-up, and they're ordering for the second year in a row (we went waaaaay overboard when we would cook). I'll be making avalanche bark (like rice krispie treats with white chocolate and peanutbutter) and schmancy rice krispie treats for their son with celiac. And because I'm not a big fan of pie. Might do a pumpkin pudding, too, since it's stupidly easy.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Fried turkey

rather than roasted??

Typically do two 20#s..

Yes . Big turkey frier.. lots of frying oil..

I injected it with cajun spice the night before..
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Fried turkey

rather than roasted??

Typically do two 20#s..

One example:
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/Bass-Pro-Shops-Qt-Propane-Turkey-Fryer/2902713.uts?productVariantId=5785865&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=05108730&rid=20&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAh5_uBRA5EiwASW3IavjCboBh8G3_lxcyKNbB6ZlCgtbSqS3AYxhoppuKsZLGdEmckDL09hoCnswQAvD_BwE

I was surprised by your questions. Frying turkeys is so popular where I live, I had no idea it wasn't common knowledge.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    We are going to my in-laws. MIL is a traditional southern cook. Lots of casseroles and bread and pies. I’ll be bring the sweet potato and hashbrown casserole and pumpkin pie. Hubs is frying the turkey. I promised my little guy we’d make his favorite Oreo dessert so adding Oreo truffles to the dessert menu. I love thanksgiving. I love to cook and bake so one of my favorite holidays. Will be getting in a early morning run that day so I can enjoy my treats just a little bit more 😊
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually bring dessert to my husbands thanksgivings family dinner. Thinking of bringing caramelized butternut squash and pumpkin cream cheese muffins.