How many # until your goal?

From right now, how many # are you away from the weight you want to be?

I'd like to lose another 5 before I even think about maintenance. But I've spent my whole life needing to lose lots more, anywhere from 20-100. My mindset tells me I'll always be overweight although I'm not. Maybe that's a good protective tool for keeping my guard up but then again, I hope I can be happy where I'm at.

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I'm currently about 2.5 lbs from the high end of my maintenance range and 12.5 from the low end. It's seasonally backwards for me to be at the high end of my weight range at the BEGINNING of winter. Generally I finish winter at about 155, drop about 10# through spring, due to all the extra walking and maintain at 145# all summer and fall, until it goes back to being unsafe for walking outside again. (Nov-March - ish). I'm kind of waffling about what to do with myself at the moment. I could start a recomp in about 5# and just let the weight come off naturally in the spring, or I could have a go at maintaining with 145 through the winter and see if I can hit 135# in spring - if that is even a thing that happens with what I normally eat.

Mostly I want to keep an eye on my lean muscle and try not to lose too much of it. USUALLY, at 145#, I'm at about 18% body fat per bod-pod measurement. I feel pretty good there, and am comfortable with the way I look, so that's essentially what I'm aiming for. I've had a number of medical issues this fall that have been the cause of my weight spike and appetite fail, so when I'm done evening those out, I'll pause and reassess where I've ended up and where I want to go from there.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I'm currently within normal BMI range (towards the high end of it) but I'm aiming for another 4-5kg
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I am 7 pounds away from my second goal which I plan on making the high end of my maintenance range once I reach 120 lbs (my ultimate goal weight) which is 12 lbs away for me.

• kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Between 5 and 10 x
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    13lbs to go! That’ll take me to a weight I’ve maintained before for long periods of time and it’s slap bang in the middle of a normal BMI range.

I do have a suspicion that once I get there I’ll want to go lower because I’m pretty sure I have more than 13lbs hanging out on my midsection still!

But, I may settle there for a while and see how things reshape themselves because I know from past experience that it’s really hard to find clothes that fit once I go below that. (Children’s clothes work for my bottom half but not on the top half)
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    I have about 10 to go to get me to my first goal. Then I’ll reevaluate and decide what I want to do from there. I’ll either continue for another 15 purposely or go into a maintenance cycle and treat any additional loss as gravy.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I am just under 3lb shy of the goal I originally set. I need to lose a bit more, though. Probably another 7lb on top of that. I shall gun for weight loss until our Christmas cruise and then re-evaluate precisely what needs to be done in the new year. Next year's job will be maintenance/recomp.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    10-12 more lbs until pre-pregnancy weight. I might stop sooner and do some recomp until next fall though.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    15 until I get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'd like to lose another 5-10 beyond that. Maybe. We'll see.
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    12 kg.... So next week?? :D
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I have about 20 to go, have lost 60, so 3/4 of the way there. Well, pound wise. It's probably going to take just as long to lose the next 20 as it did to lose the first 60, lol.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    1.2lbs below my "goal". 1.8lbs until I hit my low end of my maintenance range. Now the fun part starts!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I have about 20 to go, have lost 60, so 3/4 of the way there. Well, pound wise. It's probably going to take just as long to lose the next 20 as it did to lose the first 60, lol.

This has totally been the case for me right now....So frustrating :(
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    5' 4" and in the normal BMI range, but only 1.2 away from being in the overweight category. I'm about 20lbs away from my goal.