Replies

• yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Down 25 and 36 more to go!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ive hit my target range (125-130lbs), but then it was straight to recomp for me. Im happy to have accomplished a major goal, but in keeping it all in a healthy perspective really brings the truth home, that maintenance is simply clocking out of your normal shift then pulling a double for the rest of your life.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Ive hit my target range (125-130lbs), but then it was straight to recomp for me. Im happy to have accomplished a major goal, but in keeping it all in a healthy perspective really brings the truth home, that maintenance is simply clocking out of your normal shift then pulling a double for the rest of your life.

How tall are you? Just curious bc I'm 5' 4" and that's my target range and I'm about 8-10 lbs away
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Down 19lbs with 65lbs to go. It will be a while.
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

How tall are you? Just curious bc I'm 5' 4" and that's my target range and I'm about 8-10 lbs away

I’m 5’5. When I hit the 140’s I realized that my body could stand to lose some more, but that the risk of more dieting was starting to outweigh the benefit, and I did not want to find out the hard way that I over-shot the best range.

Now that I’m here, I’ve got a whole new set of goals and challenges to balance with other priorities and normal living. Can be a little tougher on some days, especially growing out of original goals. Before, the objective was to lose. Now it’s to actually manage. Not the same animals at all. Good luck, you’ll do it :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I’m technically at goal, but just one pound away from my max weight range in maintenance (125 pounds at 5’ 4.5”). I re-gained 4 pounds almost immediately after reaching goal because of my two-week vacation in France and then having a couple of health issues that kept me from getting back into my routine for about another four weeks after that. So I’m trying to lose a pound or two so I can enjoy Thanksgiving, when I’ll be out of town again for a week. It’s been hard getting back into the groove of logging and watching calories after 6 weeks of indulging. A sobering warning!
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I’m 5’5. When I hit the 140’s I realized that my body could stand to lose some more, but that the risk of more dieting was starting to outweigh the benefit, and I did not want to find out the hard way that I over-shot the best range.

Now that I’m here, I’ve got a whole new set of goals and challenges to balance with other priorities and normal living. Can be a little tougher on some days, especially growing out of original goals. Before, the objective was to lose. Now it’s to actually manage. Not the same animals at all. Good luck, you’ll do it :)

I went through something very similar, except at 5'6". I set my original goal at 145 but as I reached that weight, my body seemed to want to keep losing and I was actually having trouble stopping at that point. It wasn't until I reached about 130, that I started to consider taking maintenance seriously. I lost another 5 lbs and was hovering around 124-125 for a few months (June-August). I started to have some trouble with binge eating in October and towards the beginning of this month, which I'm working hard on breaking the habit of.

Right now I'm ~127 lbs and would simply like to stay in the range of 124-129. I would feel more comfortable towards the lower end of that range because of water weight fluctuations, so I'm trying to lose 2 lbs. It's kind of silly really, but it makes me feel more stable when daily weighing. Next, will be attempting maintenance again and recomp.
  • maxiem7
    maxiem7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    50 down and 20 more to go!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    99 lbs to go for me, 101 down so far. That'll put me just out of the "obese" range for BMI, and I'll reassess what my final goal should be at that point.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    29 lbs until my first goal and 54 until my final goal weight!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    48 lbs
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Down 63lbs about 120lbs to go
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    Am now three pounds below my third “ultimate” goal. SW 221, would like to lose 12 more to reach 130.

Tired of the “you need to stop now” comments suddenly coming from all sides. At 130 I’d still be just below mid-range BMI for my weight. I can’t help it if I got “cadaver face”, lol.

Those comments drive me crazy! I told my mom I hit goal and she said it was great and now I can start regaining as I'd lost too much.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    I just hit my goal, 100lbs from my highest. I upped calories and immediately went up a couple pounds and have been bouncing up and down within my target weight range. I really liked hitting that 100lb mark but probably look better a few pounds more.

As for weight lifting and more calories I went up on most of my weights within 2 weeks of upping calories. Some I'd been stuck on for months! I'm still finding my calorie balance, just started eating more exercise calories back.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I just hit my goal, 100lbs from my highest. I upped calories and immediately went up a couple pounds and have been bouncing up and down within my target weight range. I really liked hitting that 100lb mark but probably look better a few pounds more.

As for weight lifting and more calories I went up on most of my weights within 2 weeks of upping calories. Some I'd been stuck on for months! I'm still finding my calorie balance, just started eating more exercise calories back.

It's normal to take a while to figure out maintenance calories. It's also normal for the scale to go up when you increase calories; it's water and/or waste unless you have a good reason to think you're way over your maintenance goal. It doesn't mean you need to change your maintenance range. I would recommend adding calories gradually until you get to MFP's maintenance calorie goal; you can then evaluate whether or not that is the correct maintenance calories for you. For me it is, but for others it isn't.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    From right now, how many # are you away from the weight you want to be?

I'd like to lose another 5 before I even think about maintenance. But I've spent my whole life needing to lose lots more, anywhere from 20-100. My mindset tells me I'll always be overweight although I'm not. Maybe that's a good protective tool for keeping my guard up but then again, I hope I can be happy where I'm at.

The mindset of always needing to lose more is common among people who have lost a lot of weight, and it's something that many of us struggle with. It can lead to unhealthy behaviors if we're not careful. I lost 100 pounds and have been maintaining in the middle of my optimal BMI range for over 2 years, and sometimes I have to tell myself to eat all my calories.

A lot of us also struggle with continuing to see ourselves as overweight. I still automatically reach for clothes in my old size in a store.

Maintenance does not need to be a one time decision; you can maintain for a while and then decide to lose or gain. Just be cautious about not continuing to lose past the point that's healthy for you. If you reach your goal weight and still aren't happy with how your body looks, consider recomp instead of further weight loss.
  • Vjmikesell
    Vjmikesell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    12 pounds until goal weight. As a 5’0” female, those last 12 pounds seem impossible to get rid of. I’ve done intermittent fasting for the past 3 years, keto for a year and a half, always super active as I love boxing and dance fitness, but no matter what I do, nothing seems make those last 12 pounds go away. MFP has worked in the past so i quit keto and opted to count calories here.
  • robin_myers33
    robin_myers33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 27lbw until my goal...I might keep going after I reach it who knows. But as of right now 27 is my lucky number. I’m 5’2”. I am currently doing keto along with calorie counting.
  • melking1969
    melking1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have 10 pounds till I am a my high end. So another 15 would be great. Have to get into my ski pants in a month...LOL