Anyone Tried Raspberry Ketones/Garcinia Cambogia?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Look it up on Amazon and read the reviews. Pay attention especially to the number of 1-star reviews. If you have money to burn, chances are it will do no harm (although there's no actual scientific evidence of that, either) but otherwise, don't bother.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Warning any thing that says 100% natural - probably isn't!!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    MjAxMi02Mzg1NjM2ODQwMWU3ZTY3_zps2e1f202c.png

That was mean.

If by "mean" you mean "one of the best hilarious and accurate pictorial replies you've ever seen", then yes, it was mean.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    was just wondering if anyone has tried them or had any luck with them? Thanks =)

People who are avidly against taking pills have lots of points, but I am pro-pill as long as the research is done. It started after my second daughter. I eat healthy and exercise, but I couldn't lose the baby weight. I tried a product I had heard about, and after doing the research I used it for about a month. I shed about 8-10 Lbs in a month and stopped taking them. I was able to maintain the weight just fine.

Only until about a year ago I started to eat my feelings and drink is when the weight came back. I am now an recovering alcoholic working on weight, and I see no reason in not taking Garcinia. I did my research, made sure I had the correct dosage, it was gluten free among not having other chemicals, looked up reviews. Truth be told most of the people peddling this are fakes and phonies. So do beware. I've been taking it about a week now. I notice more energy, I'm less hungry, better mood, my muscles feel tighter, and I have dropped 2 pounds (no change in diet or exercise. I've always ate healthy and worked out). My tickers says otherwise, but I just got it today. Still getting used to being back on this site. I feel like as long as you do your homework, and pills are a route you are willing to go I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results. Though you could've got the wrong kind and my comment doesn't really hold up. Either way. Good luck. Just keep in mind any change in diet (including encompassing dietary supplements) take a few week to start to show results.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    I've been taking both and have lost 28lbs in almost 2 months. It works But taken correctly and eating healthy. It does not suppress appetite, but works.

what happens when you stop taking them?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Anything Dr Oz says I do the opposite.

:laugh:

I recently read a news report that urged people to use caution with the Garcinia Cambogia. Apparently, it's fine for many people, but some individuals can have severe reactions to it, not sure if life threatening or not. Plus, will your weight loss be sustainable after you're through with the pills or do you have to take them for life? Personally, if I had extra money to blow, I'd spend it on high quality food instead - yum, salmon...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    MjAxMi02Mzg1NjM2ODQwMWU3ZTY3_zps2e1f202c.png

So much this!
  • I've eaten raspberries in many things and tamarinds in curry, both are very good that way. Try them that way maybe instead of questionable extract/therapies that have not been shown to work.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    I got such bad headaches when I tried Garcinia Cambogia. Did not loose any weight from the 3 weeks I used it. I was getting really bad dizzy spells, so my partner made me chuck it out, and stop using it. I am glad he did. I now realise there is not quick fix magic pill that is going to make me loose weight.
  • sassyorr
    sassyorr Posts: 1 Member
    I used the Genesis today brand of Garcinia Cambogia and I actually lost about 5 pounds in the first 10 days. Im pretty active and Im only 19 so my metabolism is a litter faster than people a little older. But I had no more midnight cravings and tons more energy! I love this stuff!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    It's a boondoggle.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    I used the Genesis today brand of Garcinia Cambogia and I actually lost about 5 pounds in the first 10 days. Im pretty active and Im only 19 so my metabolism is a litter faster than people a little older. But I had no more midnight cravings and tons more energy! I love this stuff!

We believe you...honest.
  • melanienthomas
    melanienthomas Posts: 1 Member
    I've used Raspberry Keytons with green tea extract in them. At first they did nothing! But my trained told me that if you stay on them for more then a month you'll start seeing results. Sure enough, after about two months i have slowly dropped 7-10 pounds. I didnt have a TON to lose but I was happy! and i loved how they sustained my hunger and cravings! Overall they helped me lose about 15 pounds.. and i say helped because it was in combination with clean eating and working out.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    No... just no.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I've used Raspberry Keytons with green tea extract in them. At first they did nothing! But my trained told me that if you stay on them for more then a month you'll start seeing results. Sure enough, after about two months i have slowly dropped 7-10 pounds. I didnt have a TON to lose but I was happy! and i loved how they sustained my hunger and cravings! Overall they helped me lose about 15 pounds.. and i say helped because it was in combination with clean eating and working out.

Because eating right and exercise didn't do that by itself?
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Actually Oprah's favorite, Dr. Oz, was in front of a Congressional subcommittee regarding the strange relationship between his show's diet claim about green tea pills and weight loss. His testimony was that he doesn't promote things (HA!), but tries to motivate his audience. Pretty lame. He's right up there with Jenny McCarthy convincing people to not vaccinate their children in my book.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Actually Oprah's favorite, Dr. Oz, was in front of a Congressional subcommittee regarding the strange relationship between his show's diet claim about green tea pills and weight loss. His testimony was that he doesn't promote things (HA!), but tries to motivate his audience. Pretty lame. He's right up there with Jenny McCarthy convincing people to not vaccinate their children in my book.

^^^^times a million
  • tonyfrommaine
    tonyfrommaine Posts: 2 Member
    Dr. Oz would tell you to drink battery acid if Duracell paid him enough.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    no no no no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOO THERE ARE NO MAGIC PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah...where's the tylenol:noway: