Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Did your face fill back out in maintenance?

lightenup2016lightenup2016 Posts: 760Member, Premium Member Posts: 760Member, Premium Member
I’ve only lost 13 lbs so far, but I’m already seeing more lines in my face, and I look older and tired. I’ve read that some people who have seen the same thing, see their face fill back out a little in maintenance. How many have experienced this? I’m hoping it’s temporary, maybe from the calorie deficit? I am 46, so maybe just age? But I’ve seen a definite change in the last two months...
Thanks!

Replies

• COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 478Member, Premium Member Posts: 478Member, Premium Member
    My face has filled out some after a couple of years. It's still easy to slip back into "diet face" though. My mother swears she can tell from my face if I drop calories for any length of time. What I think helped most was talking to the doctor that does my Botox. We added a few units on each side of my mouth to ease some of the lines that were getting altogether too comfortable on my face. A few tweaks like that and the passage of time have helped tremendously!
  • babyluthibabyluthi Posts: 227Member Member Posts: 227Member Member
    How long does your botox last?
  • COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 478Member, Premium Member Posts: 478Member, Premium Member
    babyluthi wrote: »
    How long does your botox last?

Usually 3-4 months. Lasts a little longer in the places I've used it longest, but I definitely feel it wearing off at the 3 - 3.5 month mark.
  • koalathebearkoalathebear Posts: 201Member Member Posts: 201Member Member
    I'm 46 and my face is definitely showing more lines that weren't there when I was chubbier. Around my mouth .. and while I don't have loose skin, the skin on my neck and also underside of my upper arm are a bit wrinkley. I wouldn't want to go back to being overweight again but my 'diet face' definitely does make me look older. I'm not sure if it will change because let's face it, I'm getting older so wrinkles are normal I guess.
  • SnifterPugSnifterPug Posts: 194Member Member Posts: 194Member Member
    I will probably collect a whole load of disagrees for this but high dose liposomal vitamin C has been reported to improve skin elasticity. I have been taking it for a year and my skin is in great shape. I'm early 50s. My weight loss has been large but slow and steady. The bingo wings are an issue but facially I'm in good nick. That's probably mostly down to good genes and skincare but since taking the vitamin C my facial skin feels bouncier.
  • HufflepuffGrl9HufflepuffGrl9 Posts: 205Member Member Posts: 205Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd add that there's a whole 99-page (!) thread over in Success Stories with before/after face photos - huge range of ages & weight loss amounts. It's a reasonable caveat that people might not post on that thread if they thought they looked really bad after weight loss . . . but also that a super-common comment by others on those photos, in that thread, is some variation on "you look so much younger". FWIW.

It's here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10207059/before-and-after-face-edition

. . . so others can take a look, if feeling that I'm biased.

I’ve been told I look so much younger, too! 😆😃 one person said at one point, after I posted a side by side, that I looked 20 years younger in comparison to my before picture. I guess that’s why the whole “diet face” thing is really surprising to me. Like you said, @AnnPT77 the people that have lost weight & posted to the Before & After Face Edition forum you mentioned honestly do look younger. Who knows! 😆
  • bourbon_n_barbellsbourbon_n_barbells Posts: 238Member Member Posts: 238Member Member