Vent out your bad news here

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to buy new insoles for my shoes and my entire body radiates pain from standing on concrete all day.

Do insoles really work. Maybe I haven’t found the right ones. Which do you use?
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I keep forgetting to buy new insoles for my shoes and my entire body radiates pain from standing on concrete all day.

I generally buy doctor scholls and I can definitely tell the difference. This past week I've been in a lot of pain after work and it dawned on me that my insoles were completely worn out. I get the kind that says they're for work but I just now got some that are designed for overweight men to see if they're extra comfy.
  • mommabear4315

I generally buy doctor scholls and I can definitely tell the difference. This past week I've been in a lot of pain after work and it dawned on me that my insoles were completely worn out. I get the kind that says they're for work but I just now got some that are designed for overweight men to see if they're extra comfy.

I’m going to keep on trying different ones. Maybe by trail and error I’ll find a good one for me. Thanks have a great evening!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

I’m going to keep on trying different ones. Maybe by trail and error I’ll find a good one for me. Thanks have a great evening!

@mommabear4315

I had a pair made at Road Runner Sports a few years ago.

I just checked and they are now about $85.00. imho - They're worth every penny.

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I had a pair made at Road Runner Sports a few years ago. I just checked and they are now about $85.00. imho - They're worth every penny.

TY so much for this. I really need these, too & never heard of this store before. The closest one is a state away, but one of their stock innersoles is worth a try.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I had a pair made at Road Runner Sports a few years ago. I just checked and they are now about $85.00. imho - They're worth every penny.

TY so much for this. I really need these, too & never heard of this store before. The closest one is a state away, but one of their stock innersoles is worth a try.

@TarryTaffy

Try 'Feet First' in Tampa.

They're on: W. Bay to Bay Blvd. - Tampa
  • TarryTaffy
    Try 'Feet First' in Tampa. They're on: W. Bay to Bay Blvd. - Tampa

Thank you so much for taking the time to look this up for me! I really appreciate it. I'll take a trip there next wk. Too bad they don't custom make them, but I just got here so just need a bit of time to look around.

I'll let you know how they work out. TY again.
  • mommabear4315
    zwe6ru29afbw.jpeg
    My request for not going into work today has been denied. I guess I better get up. Maybe I wasn’t as persuasive. 🤔
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    After about five times of asking my teenage daughter to make phone calls or even texts to thank birthday well wishers and card senders (+$), she still has yet to do it. Not bad news, necessarily, just frustrated and 'bout to get beyond irritated.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    After about five times of asking my teenage daughter to make phone calls or even texts to thank birthday well wishers and card senders (+$), she still has yet to do it. Not bad news, necessarily, just frustrated and 'bout to get beyond irritated.

Teenagers... *smh* my kids did the same thing - I told people to quit sending them stuff since they are not grateful. It worked, they didn't get stuff for other Holidays and had to apologize to get back into their good graces.

Oooooohhhh good to know I'm not the only one who thought about doing this and I think I will...
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member

Teenagers... *smh* my kids did the same thing - I told people to quit sending them stuff since they are not grateful. It worked, they didn't get stuff for other Holidays and had to apologize to get back into their good graces.

Well done.
  • LoveyChar
    RAinWA wrote: »

My sister had a rule that her kids couldn't spend the money or use the gift until the thank you notes (texts were acceptable) were completed. I got really fast thank yous from her kids!

This is my new rule! Thank you!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    My new rescue dog, Dakota, tested positive for lyme. 😭

Oh no!!! :'(
  • mommabear4315

Genius.
  • mommabear4315
    patio door broke and process to replace one is time intensive...
    oh well; it's only gonna get down to 18° tonight.

Good luck. Stay warm. 18° for me I would die. I live in 100° weather. It’s 50° right now and I’m literally shivering with the heater and 4 blankets.
  • TarryTaffy
    patio door broke and process to replace one is time intensive...
    oh well; it's only gonna get down to 18° tonight.

Oh, bloody boo. Murphy & his laws aren't so amusing. Good luck! Hope it's already fixed!
  • mommabear4315
    Lately I have hated to eat. Everything has lost its taste. I dread eating. I just take a few bites of something and then I feel so bloated. I think I’m going to go see the doctor. Maybe it’s something more.