mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I lost my best friend

My prayers are with you and his family.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    I don't really have anything to vent about at the moment but im glad this thread is here for when I do...its nice to just let it out ....great job @mommabear4315 🤗🤘....see.... Beautiful inside and out!!!💃😘🤗💕

Thank you and it’s nice to have a place just to dump negative things. Saying it out loud sometimes helps.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Nothing bad to vent, really... it's actually good coming from 'bad'. I prefer to view the good in all... makes living easier & I'm normally a very easygoing, cheery type.

I hope this helps someone else & do appreciate everyone's kindness with my 3-wks of "I'm tired" posts... you've all been very patient & kind. I'm off to do an hour of stretching & yoga... I know I won't fall asleep on the mat this time, cuz I don't need to anymore. The dark cloud is gone.

Have a lovely New Year, Everyone! Ring in the joy! I'm going to be walking the beach this weekend... my 1st time since I arrived in FL. It's what I moved her for, after all. :smile:

It's gone, li'l dude... you can stand up & smile again...

giphy.gif

Your story is so touching. I hope you continue to smile and feel better. We’re here for you. I have found kindness and understanding from the mfp community. Shine bright like a diamond
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad to vent, really... it's actually good coming from 'bad'. I prefer to view the good in all... makes living easier & I'm normally a very easygoing, cheery type.

But, it's gotten ridiculous at how long it's taking for me to feel strong enough to get up & do anything... 3-wks now... I can barely stay awake for longer than a couple of hrs/day & have fallen asleep sitting up, repeatedly. I've been too exhausted to eat or take showers & have taken 1/2-shower & had to get out to go to sleep... was too bloody exhausted to stand or deal with combing out the mane. I've tried to get out for errands, slumped over my steering wheel in the parking lot for a moment a couple of times & fallen asleep... so I got scared to drive, came back inside & slept for 7-8 hrs. I've woken up on the bathroom floor or in the walk-in closet... got so tired putting things away, I just had to lie back for a moment, (I guess... I don't remember lying down) & fell asleep on the floor for 5-6 hrs. Had to check myself for bruises, cuz I didn't know if I were passing out (I wasn't & had no bruises) or just falling asleep.

It's gotten scary, cuz I need to be job searching now, not too exhausted to actually look for one or too tired to get to one when I find one. Further, since I couldn't remember a lot, I was wondering if I had some sort of head injury & short term amnesia or if I were developing early onset ALS.

It suddenly hit me today after sleeping over 12-hrs... it's not exhaustion, it's deep depression... I'm a bit slow in recognizing it, since I don't experience it often, thank goodness. I realized it as, I don't sleep all day, then wake up & feel refreshed, as is normal... I wake up feeling as tired if not moreso, then need to sleep again within hours or sometimes, immediately, for another 5-7 hrs.

So, after a long day of sleeping (my last), I'm finally awake at 9pm to look depression in the face to say, "For whatever reason you were here, thank you, but that's enough, I don't need you anymore... you can leave". I know it won't leave on its own, especially, if I keep giving into it. So, tonight I recognized what it was & can now change it. That realization made me instantly improve my mood... I feel normal again.

I've got a list of things to do tomorrow... will be nice to get out & about again & I'm elated that I figured it out. It's a nice thing to finally get it. For the 1st time in a month, I'm good. I'm still a bit tired, probably from 3-wks of mostly inactivity, but I'm already feeling more energy & yea, joy has returned... it's something I normally feel for no reason & it's nice to see it again.

I hope this helps someone else & do appreciate everyone's kindness with my 3-wks of "I'm tired" posts... you've all been very patient & kind. I'm off to do an hour of stretching & yoga... I know I won't fall asleep on the mat this time, cuz I don't need to anymore. The dark cloud is gone.

Have a lovely New Year, Everyone! Ring in the joy! I'm going to be walking the beach this weekend... my 1st time since I arrived in FL. It's what I moved her for, after all. :smile:

giphy.gif

I creepy internet hug you!

I was gonna post something about how I relate - but that'd be kinda about me, and that's not what I want to express.

You seem to have a strong and positive personality, know I like your energy!

From what I gather it's been a while since you've had a "home", hope you settle in nicely, beach walk sounds awesome!

And "about me", sorry... In the last year I've learned you can't escape your mental health, I wish you peace :heart:
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    Well, the LGBT group I wanted to join has had a lack of interest and the meet up date has been moved back. Due to my anxiety and impatience I'm probably not even gonna go anymore as things like this throw me for absolutely no reason (have done my whole life) and it's hard to work myself back up into wanting to go to something that's changed.

Ontop of that I'm lacking motivation to exercise, still so tired even though I've been doing this for about 53 days now.

Depression has come back with a *kitten* slap today. And with it a whole bunch of bad memories.

Just don't know what the point in fighting is anymore.

Stay strong. Keep fighting. I usually find mixing up my cardio with strength training helps me get motivated. Good luck.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your story is so touching. I hope you continue to smile and feel better. We’re here for you. I have found kindness and understanding from the mfp community. Shine bright like a diamond

You're very kind, thank you. I'm actually great... as soon as I figured out what it was, I laughed out loud at how it took me 3-wks to figure it out & the depression lifted instantly. Thankfully, it's not a normal issue for me, so I'm lucky.

I love diamonds! :wink:
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I was gonna post something about how I relate - but that'd be kinda about me, and that's not what I want to express.

From what I gather it's been a while since you've had a "home", hope you settle in nicely, beach walk sounds awesome!

And "about me", sorry... In the last year I've learned you can't escape your mental health, I wish you peace :heart:

Hey Vikka...

Lol, I creepy 'net hug ya back.

giphy.gif

Thank you for your kind words. And, you're right on home... I feel like I've been tumbled about for a long time.

Sorry to hear you've had challenges. Sometimes we just need to be gentle with ourselves.

Happy New Year! I wish you peace, too. :smile:
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options

But, it's gotten ridiculous at how long it's taking for me to feel strong enough to get up & do anything... 3-wks now... I can barely stay awake for longer than a couple of hrs/day & have fallen asleep sitting up, repeatedly. I've been too exhausted to eat or take showers & have taken 1/2-shower & had to get out to go to sleep... was too bloody exhausted to stand or deal with combing out the mane. I've tried to get out for errands, slumped over my steering wheel in the parking lot for a moment a couple of times & fallen asleep... so I got scared to drive, came back inside & slept for 7-8 hrs. I've woken up on the bathroom floor or in the walk-in closet... got so tired putting things away, I just had to lie back for a moment, (I guess... I don't remember lying down) & fell asleep on the floor for 5-6 hrs. Had to check myself for bruises, cuz I didn't know if I were passing out (I wasn't & had no bruises) or just falling asleep.

It's gotten scary, cuz I need to be job searching now, not too exhausted to actually look for one or too tired to get to one when I find one. Further, since I couldn't remember a lot, I was wondering if I had some sort of head injury & short term amnesia or if I were developing early onset ALS.

It suddenly hit me today after sleeping over 12-hrs... it's not exhaustion, it's deep depression... I'm a bit slow in recognizing it, since I don't experience it often, thank goodness. I realized it as, I don't sleep all day, then wake up & feel refreshed, as is normal... I wake up feeling as tired if not moreso, then need to sleep again within hours or sometimes, immediately, for another 5-7 hrs.

So, after a long day of sleeping (my last), I'm finally awake at 9pm to look depression in the face to say, "For whatever reason you were here, thank you, but that's enough, I don't need you anymore... you can leave". I know it won't leave on its own, especially, if I keep giving into it. So, tonight I recognized what it was & can now change it. That realization made me instantly improve my mood... I feel normal again.

I've got a list of things to do tomorrow... will be nice to get out & about again & I'm elated that I figured it out. It's a nice thing to finally get it. For the 1st time in a month, I'm good. I'm still a bit tired, probably from 3-wks of mostly inactivity, but I'm already feeling more energy & yea, joy has returned... it's something I normally feel for no reason & it's nice to see it again.

giphy.gif

WOW this is inspirational - after coming from such a place where you were, and coming to this realization. thank you for sharing your journey here - i hope it helps others who have been through what you've encountered. my very best wishes for you - dear lady - for a fantastic 2020 - and beyond~ <3
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

giphy.gif

Finally my two favorite Vikkas in the same post .....it's so funny I immediately think of one of you sweethearts when I'm reading the others post .....

Vikka V....I think you're 'about mes is nothing to be sorry for you're right ....it has to be faced and dealt with...some of us can do it or try to do so on their own...I know I needed help a few years ago when i faced the *kitten* because I wasn't able to get it to stop on my own no matter how much I smiled and waved.....I'm glad you are the way you are sweet girl I always relate to what you say and you make me feel connected and well I appreciate that you beautiful chica ....😍🤗💞

Vikka homegirl....🤗...I'm rooting for you sistah! I feel a connection to you as well and I know you are a kind, happy, strong soul and I think if it gets too hard on your own to make things right you won't let it go.....and either way I think you are just freakin incredible and make everyone feel special....which in turn makes you the special one lovely sweetness!😍😘

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    Well, the LGBT group I wanted to join has had a lack of interest and the meet up date has been moved back. Due to my anxiety and impatience I'm probably not even gonna go anymore as things like this throw me for absolutely no reason (have done my whole life) and it's hard to work myself back up into wanting to go to something that's changed.

Ontop of that I'm lacking motivation to exercise, still so tired even though I've been doing this for about 53 days now.

Depression has come back with a *kitten* slap today. And with it a whole bunch of bad memories.

Just don't know what the point in fighting is anymore.

Change is hard my sweet friend! And can some times feel like a game changer...I think you're strong and smart and have had an incredibly hard year but have come out on top....give yourself a break ....but sometimes pushing ourselves out of our comfort even if the comfort sucks it's still comfort right...
    So pushing out of it can bring such amazing new opportunities ...I think you should push your adorable self to go meet the new date....stay for five mins.....if it sucks leave....and who knows it may rock....don't you deserve that possibility?

Either way I adore you hun....just my 2 cents ....big hugs Z!😎🤘🤗
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020
    Options
    WOW this is inspirational - after coming from such a place where you were, and coming to this realization. thank you for sharing your journey here - i hope it helps others who have been through what you've encountered. my very best wishes for you - dear lady - for a fantastic 2020 - and beyond~ <3

Thank you, Nina. I don't experience depression often, at all, but we all know from the psychiatric community that it's rage turned inward. Anger is what needs to be dealt with... depression is the symptom. So, I got it & it's easy for me to correct... I know what to work on.

Yes, I'm looking forward to 2020 & wish you a wonderful year, too! Nice to meet you!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    VW discontinued their iconic Beetle and their goodbye video gave me all the feelz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKuYXNLGlOc
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have a fever that won't go....day three and I'm feeling yucky and wish I could blink it away like I dream of Jeannie.....or Sam and do the bewitched nose twitch thingy and make it all gone....or change my dog into a unicorn for a day....that would amuse me and I think Cookie would enjoy a day as a mythical beast too....💗🦄

I just realized some of you may have no idea who I just referenced or at very least realized I'm old ....meh.....I'm sick and feverish I'll care tomorrow ?🤷🏻‍♀️🙈🤗

Feel much better, Ali. Are you in the midst of a flu?

And, thank you for your kind words above... I'm fine now that I've realized what it was... began with changing my phone #... easy.

And, no worries, with Nickelodeon, everyone knows the sitcoms from years gone by. Last time I saw my 3 nieces, I was kidding them about Al Pacino. Finally, one scrunched up her nose & said, "Who's Al Chapino?" Another did an impression of Brando, saying, "He's gonna make you an offer you'll refuse" & the 3rd said, "Oh, yeah... he's in that movie about being someone's grandfather." Lol.

To me, old = someone who never has a sense of humor. That's all. I've told ya before... you're MFP's Ann-Margret.

Heal quickly!
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    VW discontinued their iconic Beetle and their goodbye video gave me all the feelz

Say it ain’t sooooo 😭
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

Say it ain’t sooooo 😭

:'(
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Slipped on some ice last night. 2 cracked ribs, an elbow that hurts like *kitten* hell. Maybe a torn rotator cuff.My shoulder is throbbing and also hurts like *kitten* hell. Dr said "at least you didn't hit your head ". 🥴🤬

Oh snap. Hope you heal fast! 🌻
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    I woke up in such a great mood just to be met with bad news since I walked out the door.
    1st my mother is so negative about everything even telling me how I’m old and decrepit I am.
    2nd went to pick up my juice and it was half filled I complained about it but all they said was that was all the juice we got
    3rd get to work and there’s no internet literally shut my business down and spectrum could give a rats *kitten* about it.
    4th my insurance company just denied my whole procedure so now I’m going to be out of pocket $8000 or stay looking like a troll.
    5th I walked outside to walk back into the ac’s broken

What the frogs man!!!!