Vent out your bad news here

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Found out that the 700 I was complaining about (and didn't pay today) somehow turned into 3500+ because a bunch of my amalgam fillings are finally breaking down. The crown I still have to have placed will still have to be done, but the others can be done at my leisure since none of the teeth are currently causing me pain, but might become an issue in the future. Bleh.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    WOW this is inspirational - after coming from such a place where you were, and coming to this realization. thank you for sharing your journey here - i hope it helps others who have been through what you've encountered. my very best wishes for you - dear lady - for a fantastic 2020 - and beyond~ <3

Thank you, Nina. I don't experience depression often, at all, but we all know from the psychiatric community that it's rage turned inward. Anger is what needs to be dealt with... depression is the symptom. So, I got it & it's easy for me to correct... I know what to work on.

Yes, I'm looking forward to 2020 & wish you a wonderful year, too! Nice to meet you!

thank you @TarryTaffy - you seem really determined - happy for you Lady... a pleasure to meet you also. my best wishes!
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Found out that the 700 I was complaining about (and didn't pay today) somehow turned into 3500+ because a bunch of my amalgam fillings are finally breaking down. The crown I still have to have placed will still have to be done, but the others can be done at my leisure since none of the teeth are currently causing me pain, but might become an issue in the future. Bleh.

Ouch. Hope the insurance can cover some of that expense. I hate insurance companies. I mean you pay huge amounts for premium insurance just to be denied. I mean what gives.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Ouch. Hope the insurance can cover some of that expense. I hate insurance companies. I mean you pay huge amounts for premium insurance just to be denied. I mean what gives.

They only cover 1500 annually regardless of the procedures you need done on your teeth/mouth. That 3000+ would be my cost if I chose to go through with all of it before the year rolls over again.

Chances are, I will pay for the crown (because that is necessary) and maybe one or two fillings and then yeet the *kitten* out of there until my six month cleaning and see what is said then. I have a feeling they are trying to repair fillings because they are old amalgam fillings, BUT... they aren't bothering me in the slightest. Never have. My insurance can't even be bothered to pay half of this. I am paying the lion's share, despite the fact that I have 1500 annual coverage.

And yes, I used the term yeet. Get over it. :tongue:
  • mommabear4315
    Options

They only cover 1500 annually regardless of the procedures you need done on your teeth/mouth. That 3000+ would be my cost if I chose to go through with all of it before the year rolls over again.

Chances are, I will pay for the crown (because that is necessary) and maybe one or two fillings and then yeet the *kitten* out of there until my six month cleaning and see what is said then. I have a feeling they are trying to repair fillings because they are old amalgam fillings, BUT... they aren't bothering me in the slightest. Never have. My insurance can't even be bothered to pay half of this. I am paying the lion's share, despite the fact that I have 1500 annual coverage.

And yes, I used the term yeet. Get over it. :tongue:

Lmao didn’t even notice it. 🤪
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Even though today ended up being a great day, it started off rough. Went super early to do some bloodwork and ekg and I got the run around for 3 hours. In the midst of me running around I wasn’t feeling well so I ended up my family doctor. My doctor then informs me I have a bad infection that I didn’t even know but thanks to medication I feel great now. Hope you all had a better day.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Even though today ended up being a great day, it started off rough. Went super early to do some bloodwork and ekg and I got the run around for 3 hours. In the midst of me running around I wasn’t feeling well so I ended up my family doctor. My doctor then informs me I have a bad infection that I didn’t even know but thanks to medication I feel great now. Hope you all had a better day.

Bummer, but glad you're feeling better! Glad you got good meds.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have been recuperating for 2 weeks and needed to get some work done today. Tried to log into work and can't. Apparently only idiots are working today because when I called and said "is the server up and running" the answer was "how can I tell?" Then they tell me "something is beeping" - what is beeping? "I don't know, I think the power strip." WTF? It's just a standard, run of the mill power strip - it CAN'T beep!

I went and took a nap instead. They can sit and wait for the outside tech guy to come in and restart the server.
  • mommabear4315
    Options

Bummer, but glad you're feeling better! Glad you got good meds.

I’m down to my last day and I feel so much better!
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I have been recuperating for 2 weeks and needed to get some work done today. Tried to log into work and can't. Apparently only idiots are working today because when I called and said "is the server up and running" the answer was "how can I tell?" Then they tell me "something is beeping" - what is beeping? "I don't know, I think the power strip." WTF? It's just a standard, run of the mill power strip - it CAN'T beep!

I went and took a nap instead. They can sit and wait for the outside tech guy to come in and restart the server.

Hope you had a great nap at least!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    the "check engine" light came on in my car! my husband, a retired mechanic fixed it over a period of 4 months looking for the problem 1.5yrs ago so I couldn't really drive it around. passed smog & has been good since. UGH
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

Hope you had a great nap at least!

I did! And the cat even cooperated and snuggled up with me instead of trying to sleep on my head!
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    I get a few things done, think "whew, I have a break" only to have a bunch of NEW things get piled on top of that. I don't have enough time or resources to get this stuff done, so not sure how it's gonna work out. Even worse? I don't get paid for any of this. It's volunteer work. Bleh.

Isn't that mentally exhausting? I stopped doing volunteer work for that reason. Instead of being thanked for a full day of service, I'd get pummeled with emails, texts & in person requests for more, more, more. Plus it would cost me $ to volunteer for the types of services I was doing, between parking/carfare & products I needed to supply.
  • KosmosKitten
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I get a few things done, think "whew, I have a break" only to have a bunch of NEW things get piled on top of that. I don't have enough time or resources to get this stuff done, so not sure how it's gonna work out. Even worse? I don't get paid for any of this. It's volunteer work. Bleh.

Isn't that mentally exhausting? I stopped doing volunteer work for that reason. Instead of being thanked for a full day of service, I'd get pummeled with emails, texts & in person requests for more, more, more. Plus it would cost me $ to volunteer for the types of services I was doing, between parking/carfare & products I needed to supply.

Yes. Some of the people I work with to make this possible are great, so that makes it doable. But the problem is that there are too few of us to make it all work, we all have our own lives and are busy and there's no way I can dump things on people who are having family emergency issues (we've had a few of those this year) or people who are busy, but.. at the same time, I'm busy, single parenting (for the time being), only have one car and no extra help (friends or family) to help me out, so I am a one woman show at the present.. and I feel like I'm being stretched a bit too thin.

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of why I left a certain job in my 20s. Everyone would always harass me and ask if I could cover their shift simply because they knew I was reliable, to the point where I had a mental breakdown and wouldn't pick up my phone due to a developed phobia of it ringing and being work all the time.

At this point, I do it because it benefits my son (this was something he wanted to do) and because it benefits other kids like him. I want to make it a good program for them, but I can't do it alone and it annoys and vexes me that other parents who are involved in this don't want the same for their children, or expect the few of us running this shindig to do all the work with no extra help.

I will finish out my year (end of school year) and then resign from the position. Partly because I will probably be leaving to a new place anyway, but also because I just can't keep doing it. Volunteering to pet and brush cats at the local shelter is more my speed. :lol:
  • TarryTaffy
    Options

Yes. Some of the people I work with to make this possible are great, so that makes it doable. But the problem is that there are too few of us to make it all work, we all have our own lives and are busy and there's no way I can dump things on people who are having family emergency issues (we've had a few of those this year) or people who are busy, but.. at the same time, I'm busy, single parenting (for the time being), only have one car and no extra help (friends or family) to help me out, so I am a one woman show at the present.. and I feel like I'm being stretched a bit too thin.

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of why I left a certain job in my 20s. Everyone would always harass me and ask if I could cover their shift simply because they knew I was reliable, to the point where I had a mental breakdown and wouldn't pick up my phone due to a developed phobia of it ringing and being work all the time.

At this point, I do it because it benefits my son (this was something he wanted to do) and because it benefits other kids like him. I want to make it a good program for them, but I can't do it alone and it annoys and vexes me that other parents who are involved in this don't want the same for their children, or expect the few of us running this shindig to do all the work with no extra help.

I will finish out my year (end of school year) and then resign from the position. Partly because I will probably be leaving to a new place anyway, but also because I just can't keep doing it. Volunteering to pet and brush cats at the local shelter is more my speed. :lol:

Well, it's good that you have an exit plan.

I've had that same issue at jobs... being the reliable one, who worked all the OT for the dept 'til I collapsed. I'd never work those many hours again & recently quit a job after 1-mo for that reason.

When I complained to my brother about it, thinking he'd commend me for working so hard, his only response was a shrug & saying, "Your issue isn't being overworked. It's about not being able to say no." He was right.

I agree on the kitten brushing... but, it breaks my heart that I want to take them all home.

Good luck on your goals. Sounds like you're on top of it.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    My day went well over all. Recovery is hard for me because I am a person who is always on the go. This past week has really put things in perspective and that I need to slow down. Right now the hardest thing for me is sleeping. Even though my meds usually knock me out. I hate not having a schedule.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    cmrqq1ps5m1e.jpeg
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    cmrqq1ps5m1e.jpeg

Uh oh.....
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    cmrqq1ps5m1e.jpeg

Oh that does not look good. Hope you got it fixed fast.