WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka 💘 the pic of your garden, and how sunny and happy you look in your new profile pic.
    Barbara

Thank you! :)

My new profile pic is what happens when I'm forced to sit a lot ... I start playing around with cameras and photo processing on my computer. :smiley:

pwoatr02g1y5.png

However, it's the end of my first day of 16 off, and I have ticked off some things I wanted to do:

-- sit in the sun (late day sun)
    -- sit in our garden
    -- sit and read in the sun in our garden
    -- lie in bed and read
    -- sleep!

We've also been watching Christmas movies in the evening (yesterday and today) and listening to lots of Christmas music during the day.

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well ladies
    Long day ,going to sleep.. but I did book a cruise for Oct 2020 for myself with friends of mine for my 60th

Allie,
    I would love to meet you for coffee or something when you are in Fort Lauderdale. I am about 25 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale port and am familiar with the area. It's just an idea - no pressure whatsoever!

I have sailed to some of the islands you mentioned. Loved Grand Turk. Must be very cautious in San Juan (I would suggest a guided tour there - we did a rain forest hike). Frommer's Caribbean Cruise guide is loaded with information about tours and the islands in general. I found lots of hidden gems in the book the cruise tours do not cover/offer. I also always spring for a balcony room - very much worth it especially during "days at sea".

What a great way to celebrate your 60th!
    SuziQ - SFL
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

This will be short - my laptop decided it was going to shut down Chrome in the middle of me typing up a rather long post. Of course this was as I was proofing what I typed up. I usually use Word and then copy and paste but was attempting to save some time.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

Ranting over (aren't you glad?) and ended up getting a one-year prescription from them, instead of just the 30-day I was asking for.... one worry off for the holiday break, anyway.

Headed for town to pick up a couple of things on sale, before all the crazy people come out. :)

Allie - glad the news was good for your brother.

NYKAREN, and Machka - Enjoy your time off! I plan to revel in mine, and hope you're healing well and quickly, Machka.

Karen VA - Hope your partner is healing well.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Happy Winter Solstice ladies! Shortest day of the year in our hemisphere, longest day for Machka. :D

Michele - I'm sure you are right in that our grandparents ate fried food, lard and yes they were much more active than most of us are today. I think of my grandmother who would rarely sit down - baking, cleaning, you name it. And she didn't drive - walked to visit the neighbors, sometimes a mile or more away. More walking, less sitting.

NYKaren
    - enjoy your vacation from social media. Good to give our brains a break sometimes.

Machka
    - what you posted about blinking lights is fascinating. I don't have epilepsy but quite often blinking animations online and bright lights give me a queasy stomach like I'm coming down with a migraine. Something to do with my neurological wiring.

Lisa - glad to hear they gave you a year prescription. No worries about dealing with these people for another year!

We are at the tail end of the pineapple express. Flooding in town, but I'm not heading in until early tomorrow morning to get groceries. As Lisa says, before the crazy people come out, lol. Next weekend shopping should be a breeze.

Thinking about my goals/plan for next year. Haven't thought of a word yet.

Enjoy your day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) The line dance holiday party was fabulous. There were 37 dancers, almost all were dressed in some sort of festive clothing from funny t shirts to bling. Lots of people brought treats so I was able to bring home a nice assortment for Jake. Everyone knows that I don't eat treats and I don't eat in the middle of the morning so it was no big deal that all I did was admire the food and then helped at the end with the clean-up and picked out stuff to take home. Dancing to holiday songs was a blast. We did easy dances and even the newest dancers were able to dance along. I got lots of hugs and thank-you's. One woman even sent me an email saying "Today was a perfect example of the Christmas (Holiday) Spirit, as it should be, the gift of shared love & friendship with no money or material things" . Now I'm finished with Christmas except that Jake did some research and found that the great pizza place in the next town will be open on Christmas so that will be our holiday dinner. In years past we've gone to our favorite Chinese restaurant but this year he wanted something different.

:) I had a prescription that had to be renewed by the doctor this week and I didn't want to have to add to her burden with the obligatory appointment for the renewal. Instead, she sent a 90 day renewal to the pharmacy, an order for needed blood tests to the lab, and a note saying that I could do the labs and see her in February.

:) It continues to rain and drizzle here but so far, the dogs and I are doing well with it. There is some flooding in NW WA but not close to us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Betsy))) ~ Such sad news for you and your sister!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    RV Rita- (I got IBSD,Ulcerative y microscopic colitis) Maybe go back to a basic diet for colitis
    1.Toast
    2.soup
    3liquid y soft foods
    4.banana to juices that are low acidic

Work your way back up to solids to help the inflammation . Buy some chocolate Sugarfree jello pudding (I put unsweetened almond milk)y Sugarfree jello you can go crazy on those they won’t effect weight or symptoms.

Amber Tx

Eating a Vegetarian pizza- cheese y mushrooms.couldnt even look at the chicken or egg whites

Thanks for all the advice and hugs! Unfortunately I’ve tried it all. Just have to ride it through. Unfortunately soup, bananas and wheat set it off.

RV Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Betsy - So sorry to hear about your sister. <3 Glad to hear the mediation went well. It's been a long haul.

Allie - Hooray for the cruise! B) 60! You youngster, you! :laugh:

Shopped for more Christmas food. :o I've made the stuffing and it's in the freezer. I even bought the brussel sprouts as they had a long date on them, ditto the cream. I'm going to make a tiny bit of brandy butter, mainly just for me, as I don't know if my son will eat it. It goes with the Christmas pudding.
    Looking at the mountain of stuff, I'm going to have to rest the turkey for ages so I can get all the other stuff into the ovens once it's come out. I pick up the rolled breast on Monday.
    Tomorrow I will clean the guest bathroom and put out towels etc for my stepdaughter, who arrives by train and taxi in the evening. There is food in the freezer for her and DH is making a cabbage salad. She is not a big eater. Middle Eastern theme.
    She will go home the following morning. We hope the flooded train tracks will be ok by tomorrow or her food will stay in the freezer. :|
    In the afternoon we have Edie for a one to one. I have bought some aeroplanes to make with her, that she asked for, that you colour in and assemble. :D<3 I'm sure she will be searching the presents and wondering why she only has one and the others have two. That's because the hideous talking doll was still talking inside its wrapped box!!! :# It's in the garage. Her other present is decoupage.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    My wreath appetizer for the Rummikub Christmas Party

Michele in NC

c21khjdvc6ek.jpg

:)Michele, Tell us how you made this. I can sort of guess but I'd like to know the real story.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    "Todo"s and "done"s
    Did Friday: T’ai Chi, bought/mailed cards, returned bulbs, to Freddie’s, reconcile checking account (Discover wasn’t bill but loan offer) pickedup old pc, line danced and stayed AF. This morning made crescent batter. Today will: finish the tree, wrap and drop off ornaments to Lois, organize firehall paperwork/start board mtg minuted, walk/comb Tumble, get eggnog and vegs at Farmer’s Market, drive across border for sparkling red wine, Courvoisier and a pint of Meyer’s Rum (better the Caramel Vodka should wait ‘tiil next Thanksgiving ;> ), bake crescents, find make forgotten cookies recipe, abstain from alcohol.

Whining complaint:
    Joe’s keyboard is driving me nuts. Now it’s the "i" that doesn’t take, and I keep brushing the touch pad so cursor jumps about randomly. Will see if I can disable as Joe and I both prefer the mouse. AND the danged 10 key pad is where I’m accustomed to cursor arrows/Home/End. Maybe I can turn off for me but leave on for Joe. My old laptop’s hard drive is failing, SmartData showed it turning off and on 11,000 times in just a few hours, and 3 million? billion? read/write errors. PC guy will build me a better used one, but won’t see it ‘til after Christmas, likely New Years, so I’m stuck with this. Will have to figure out how to disable wireless when connecting via ethernet for banking and ordering online. Whine Grumble Complain. Remember to be grateful that Joe HAS a laptop to lend!
    One benefit to PC woes, instead of being cloistered in my office, I’m out at the dining room table, listening to, interacting, just hanging out with Joe and the pooches. Feels surprisingly good.

No rx today, refill not yet arrived, glad its just bone and not pain meds. No pack walk today, even if it weren’t pouring down ran, it’s near the stinky sewage treatment plant :sick: :tongue: :sick:
    And Oops, forgot to weigh in BEFORE drinking 3 cups of tea. SMH.

NYKaren
    may your social media hiatus be truly restorative and your holidays happy, healthy, warm and safe. ❤
    Machka Yippeee for discarding that kilo. Rest easy and hope the pain abates quickly. “recovering” true that!
    Pip :brokenheart: :cry: :heart:
    Lanette happy Solstice back atcha! Was thinking that for Katla, me and all others who yearn for sunlight, we’ve turned a corner. Every day sunlight lingers a moment longer. Agree with you and Michelle about our grandparents' active lifestyles, also somewhat about what they ate. Papa’s mother “Big Grandma” lived in the city in extremely straitened circumstances with four children to feed and a thankfully absent abusive husband. She was both obese and bed ridden at the end of her too short life. Her mother “Little Grandma” lived in the country, a civil war widow (she was 16 when she married her 45 year old husband) who raised the 2 surviving of 11 infants, grew most all her own food and “put up” the surplus for the lean times. She was terrorizing my cousins with her cane well into her 90s. She was still alive when Papa and Mama brought me at age 1 yr to meet her. Wish I could remember her ;)
    Betsy so glad all parties agreed to the mediated settlement. So sad your relief over that should be overshadowed by worry for your sister. Prayers and hugs.

Long past sitting time limit, get me UP!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word foruck December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=5300 better but still shy, vits 16.5 log=20 CI<CO=15 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble 5/10=8 mfp=20 AF=14 outside=8
    wkly: BBBorTC x2=6, rx=2 dance=3 pack walk=1.6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= dog group email list= sew= play=
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    RvRita- that’s the problem with stomach diets they don’t fit ya all! Celiac disease is common too. I got to watch milk 🥛 or I’m stuck in the bathroom. Cheese 🧀 lol 😂 I can have it but only cause it usually constipates folks so for me keeps me regular like fiber.

Amber Tx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options

No results for Barbie, Lanette, Kayla and all who walk in the pouring down rain, need your advice. Joe I just walked dogs drive back, less than a half mile. My 20 year old ll bean pink raincoat (in profile pic) my “boy’s” rain pants both failed. I’m soaked to skin. What materials/brands do you recommend?.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Greetings Ladies - Hubs and I are both off for the holidays! Woo hoo! He goes back the 2nd and I officially go back the 7th....I will do some work for job 2 before then, but it is easy stuff.

We accomplished a lot around the house today. Hubs dropped the used motor oil off to be recycled and we dropped the used batteries off to be responsibly disposed of. I got all of the inside Christmas stuff taken down and hubs hauled all the tubs back out to the shop and we got them all put up. I still have the lights on the house and the tree is lit on the back porch. They will stay up until New Year's. We won't be home Christmas Day so I generally take down the stuff so I can walk back in to a clean house that only needs to have the Christmas goodies put away.

I really need to make a hard run through my closet and donate a LOT. Maybe after hubs goes back to work and I am still off. I have to be in the right frame of mind or I just keep everything.

Have a great weekend!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    no gym workout, instead walked with yogi:
    stat for the day:

walk with yogi in the rain- 2hr, 57min, 13sec, 125mhr, 9.91mi= 903c