Is there a maximum darkness to the new quote fields?

Options
13»

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

:lol:

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

Is it too much to ask??????????????????????????????

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(

Will there be a point where you just can't read the text?

Not so far...

I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.

what's going on here?

#Features.

We are tampering with forces beyond our comprehension!!

It is like my soul: no maximum darkness

Infinity -1 darkness.

I like the cut of your jib

I wonder if eventually the original post will get pushed so far to the right that we can't see it anymore. It's been edging in that direction.

Judging by how far it's moved from responses so far, we should know in about twenty more replies!

bump
    giphy.gif

I'd watch so many more movies if they were that brief

if you search- i think "fullmovies" on giphy they have an entire selection
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

:lol:

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

Is it too much to ask??????????????????????????????

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(

Will there be a point where you just can't read the text?

Not so far...

I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.

what's going on here?

#Features.

We are tampering with forces beyond our comprehension!!

It is like my soul: no maximum darkness

Infinity -1 darkness.

I like the cut of your jib

I wonder if eventually the original post will get pushed so far to the right that we can't see it anymore. It's been edging in that direction.

Judging by how far it's moved from responses so far, we should know in about twenty more replies!

bump
    giphy.gif

I'd watch so many more movies if they were that brief

if you search- i think "fullmovies" on giphy they have an entire selection

This ignores the fact that I always fail at posting gifs on here. I own a great gif of Starman flip-kicking (I think) Fighter Hayabusa from NES Pro Wrestling that I never get to post here because of my failures, sigh
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Betty - you might want to bring up with Vanilla that this change renders the quotes practically unreadable for people with lower vision. :(

Which, even though that's sometimes a blessing, is likely to be problematic. ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    @Betty - you might want to bring up with Vanilla that this change renders the quotes practically unreadable for people with lower vision. :(

Which, even though that's sometimes a blessing, is likely to be problematic. ;)

It also makes the notifications section (the whole post quoted rather than just showing that someone responded) very frustrating to use on mobile. I think my scrolling finger is sprained.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    It also makes the notifications section (the whole post quoted rather than just showing that someone responded) very frustrating to use on mobile. I think my scrolling finger is sprained.

Yep, Feedback about notifications has been given as well :)