Meatless The Better

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited December 2019
    I had lots of encounters feeding the vegan girls my two sons brought around over 20 years of dating with me making vegan lunches, dinners and snacks for a dozen or more of them. An unheahier looking group you could not assemble from the privileged class these kids came from. I could usually tell a meat eater from her good color, nice skin and hair and reasonable body shape. Where the vegans were a pathetic looking bunch, underweight or overweight, dull hair and skin, etc. And, this was in one of the richest zipcodes in the US. Kids that were in private school at $30,000 per year per kid. I can't imagine what the kids on a tight food budget do with a vegan diet.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    What u all think. Going to less meat and more of plant based diet better in every way. Seems most disease comes from meat and dairy?

We can get most of our needed proteins from grains and non meat things. Am i right on this? should we all be avoiding meat?
    As well considering the governments want us to all eat meat and dairy.

I think if you don't want to eat meat it leaves more for the rest of us. Thanks much.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    It's possible the richer kids had the money to spend on partying more so don't look as healthy. Less sleep, drinking & drugs can do that.
  • wilson10102018
    Other than getting flamed for saying my experiences, I am happy to have a lot of successful vegans weigh in, as it were. I do think that persons who assume that an adult would comment to a woman on their body shape reasonableness is pretty perverted. Where on earth would that happen? I can't imagine who would even suggest such a thing.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    If you want to refuse to be what nature intended you to be thats your choice, but because you came here to try and shove that nonesense down our throats, you got a disagree from me as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Most diseases come from genetics and acquired ones from environmental or weight issues.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited December 2019
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Most diseases come from genetics and acquired ones from environmental or weight issues.
    Where is your evidence with regards to weight issues? Yes, I expect peer reviewed sources academic articles for a claim that is that lofty.

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I don't have any studies to hand - but being overweight is a huge factor in many diseases - cardiovascular risk( heart disease, strokes) diabetes, arthritis - to name a few obvious ones.

Do you really need studies to confirm that??

Most and some are two different words. Had ninerbuff said "some" then that wouldn't have been questionable. Never mind that age and taking part in various sports are are both very large contributors to arthritis (by which I'm assuming we're both talking about osteoarthritis). I can think of plenty of diseases and conditions for which weight isn't a large risk factor as well. Type 1 diabetes, scoliosis, various forms of hearing loss...
  • wilson10102018
    aokoye wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Other than getting flamed for saying my experiences, I am happy to have a lot of successful vegans weigh in, as it were. I do think that persons who assume that an adult would comment to a woman on their body shape reasonableness is pretty perverted. Where on earth would that happen? I can't imagine who would even suggest such a thing.

If you can't fathom that an adult would make a overtly or indirectly make comments to another adult (or a child) about their body shape and it being unreasonable (or reasonable) then you're very out of touch with the world around you.

Actually, I am a polite, kindly person. I would never comment to another person about his or her body shape. And, unlike many of you, ad hominem attacks are not in my play book.

As polite and kindly as you may be, I think you need to take a not even kind of hard look at the world outside of your experience. Not everyone experiences the world the way that you do, in fact, most people don't experience it the way you do. Saying that is far from an ad hominem attack. Would you like an example? Google sexism in the workplace. This is nothing new and if you're unable to understand or admit that, then that says a lot.

Mind you, I would also argue that your comments about your son's dates are far from polite and kind, but other people have already pointed that out.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

I shared my experience without directing my comments to a specific person (unlike you) and in a forum where it is utterly appropriate to share that experience whether you agree with it or not. I suppose there is something about that experience that triggers you in some way and I am sorry for that, but I don't need to shut up because of your issues.

So, feel free to continue to reject my experience as I have shared it, but if you continue personal attacks, I'll complain.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Omfg Christmas