Replies

• Anlaing016
    Anlaing016 Posts: 127 Member
    Here we go...
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    @jaccimc63

th?id=OIP.lb-gv226-OrktUZjUGUvegAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=369&h=195

I hope you've been having the best day ever! Enjoy your weekend too!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    LisaW57 wrote: »
    I want to take a hot minute here to first thank @GrandmaJackie, and to share some observations as I start my 5th round.

I participate in a couple of different challenges. By far, this one is the most insightful. I've spent a lot of time in those other challenges trying to figure out what was going on with my results. A daily scale capture and a few words about what is going on around that number here is invaluable.

I have saved a little index of my last post in each round, and I can go back and look for patterns.

We put a lot of emotional and physical focus, effort, and energy into this. Changing habits is hard work. Have to remember to live life, learn to cope with stressors, and deal with the unexpected. We are tracking numbers that are just a single marker, and tend to get wound up when they don't match the effort.

In doing that, we sometimes overlook the real successes and how much progress we are actually making - and, sometimes, what the ultimate goal is. Sure. There's a number involved. But there's usually some other motivation. How much progress towards that we are actually making is the true measure of success.

For me? I'm at a number below the weight that triggers my hyatial hernia. It's winter, it's cold and damp, and I have only had a couple of days that I needed Aleeve for my knees vs daily last year this time. I was edging towards high cholesterol last year. This year I'm back in a normal range. I have not yet been hit with a cold or upper respiratory infection. I feel better and have more energy. My ultimate goal may be represented by a number, but it is ultimately about being healthier, avoiding pain from thehyatial hernia, and increasing joint strength and flexibility to prevent injury (and recover better in the event of one). Yes. I'm down a size. But I am well on my way to the overall goals.

And, back to the point, when I get frustrated with my progress (or lack thereof), I can go back to my daily notes in these rounds and they reassure me that all is well.

@LisaW57 I find your words to be great gifts. Merry Christmas to you too!
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    enaliba wrote: »
    I don’t have access to a gym for weights but I want to strengthen my core and be ready to weight lift again one day when I can go to the gym again. I need to research a routine for exercises to improve my overall health...suggestions for exercises?

Abi

Bodyweight training might be a good option. No equipment required. Here's a website I have really liked. He does a really good job explaining a basic routine, as well as progressions of each exercise.

http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html?m=1

Thanks? This is great!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,228 Member
    @designerdiscounts & @jaccimc63 Happy birthday !!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don’t have access to a gym for weights but I want to strengthen my core and be ready to weight lift again one day when I can go to the gym again. I need to research a routine for exercises to improve my overall health...suggestions for exercises?

Abi

Bodyweight training might be a good option. No equipment required. Here's a website I have really liked. He does a really good job explaining a basic routine, as well as progressions of each exercise.

Would also recommend Darebee.com for downloadable workouts sheets
    And fitnessblender for videos on YouTube
  • enaliba

Abi

Would also recommend Darebee.com for downloadable workouts sheets
    And fitnessblender for videos on YouTube

• enaliba
    Thanks!