Bra size?

Options

Replies

• TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    Mine haven't reduced in size at all with weight loss and it's so annoying. The slight back pain doesn't bother me as much as trying to find clothes that fit. I wear a size S, but my boobs make it so I have to buy shirts in M, which makes me look heavier than I am. Grr!

I am excited to get to a size M, I still have a ways to go tho:) I have gone from a xxl to an xl to an L in the last 5 months.
    sw:250
    gw 125
    hieght 5"3
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Even when I was chunky my boobs were small and now that I am 24 pounds lighter...yeah boobs are disappearing. I don't like it, but I'd rather be fit and skinny and flat then chunky with small boobs.
    Options
    I am a 36-38DD and I understand your pain. I want my boobs to get smaller. My mother likes to tease me that when I have children they will be size F. They hurt and cause back pain. They really suck. I hope that as I start to lose weight they might shrink some.

My soon to be mother-in-law and my parents joke about me and my boyfriend have like 6 kids (that is not going to happen)
    Options
    I lost a cup size when I lost a bunch of weight. So you will lose some boob when you lose weight naturally. If you get lower pack pain ladies, as I used to, try the yoga pose downward facing dog. Cobra can help too. Doing this once in a while for 30 seconds or so has made my lower back pain disappear permanently.

I just want to get to a point where im not in pain all the time, i feel like im forever bent over :/
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i was a 42dd now I'm in a 40D but its starting not to fit. so i dont know what i am now but i wouldnt mind going back to a 36b/c
  • Lillpigen
    Options
    My boobs doesn't listen to me and my wishes for them to get smaller :( I've gone from a 40-42D to a 32G, but thanks to lifting, my back doesn't hurt that much.
    Options
    what do you guys use to lift? What moves do you do? are there videos for that? where do you get your equipment? how much stuff do you need? How much do you do?

have cardio down, i run, bike and circuit train 4 to 5 days a week, but i have no clue how to start lifting.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good weight lifting books out there. I agree that strength training will help, but other things that strengthen your core will help too, like running. Books I have enjoyed - Buff Brides is more designed for home use and you don't need a lot of equipment. Strength Training For Women by Joan Pagano is full of great moves and stretches. The New Rules of Lifting for Women is a more advanced book and requires a gym. You can find these at a lot of libraries or for cheap on used book sites. I know you said you don't like to work out around other people, so start with some of those home ones and then if you have access to your school's gym, try that out next.

FWIW, I'm a G cup, and I don't expect to get much smaller when I lose weight (which is good, because I love my boobs!). My mom and sister are close to their ideal weights and also around an F/G cup, which is why I don't expect to get much smaller. I have no back problems at all - I wear very supportive bras (Freya, Goddess, etc.) and exercise regularly. You can definitely solve this problem without surgery, and without a huge cash investment. Best of luck!!
  • jessiefied
    jessiefied Posts: 167
    Options
    I used to be an 8F - I had terrible back problems but found that a better supporting bra did wonders. Maybe see if you can find a cross back or just generally bigger one.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I think I am like a 36A (yeah I cannot remember right now) - When I put on weight, they did not get bigger. When I took off weight they got a bit smaller. So, who knows what my body wants LOL.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Before I had kids, I was a b/c. Depending on band width. After kids, I was a 42 c. After 55 lbs lost, I'm a 40 d. Strange?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    ummm?

Well, your breasts are smaller and your back has more problems. OK. IMHO it probably has nothing to do with your breasts. Start conditioning and doing strength exercises that will strengthen your back muscles and your abdominal muscles. I bet that will help you to feel better.

You can look online and do a search if you don't have a gym membership.

I wish you the best.

I'd agree with this ^^^

There are plenty of bodyweight exercises to get you going. A couple of books that get tossed around are "You are Your Own Gym" and "Convict Conditioning". Do a bit of research. You can probably check out those books at your library.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 38/40 D, and now I'm back to a C cup. I'm a 34/36 (depending on the bra) and I hope they stay like this forever because they're perfect now! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm not sad about them getting smaller. I'm really happy TBH. However, If I shrink to a B cup (which I don't think will happen) I will have issues!
  • Tykaffka
    Options
    Well,guys, I feel really jealous. I've never been bigger than B. When I was really skinny, my boobs got shrunk a little but I still stayed within B range. Now I gained weight and my boobs feel fuller but still within B range. I'm looking forward to having a baby one day, so that my boobs get a little bigger. The Only good thing is that they don't hang down and I can do without a bra.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't reduced in size at all with weight loss and it's so annoying. The slight back pain doesn't bother me as much as trying to find clothes that fit. I wear a size S, but my boobs make it so I have to buy shirts in M, which makes me look heavier than I am. Grr!

I am excited to get to a size M, I still have a ways to go tho:) I have gone from a xxl to an xl to an L in the last 5 months.
    sw:250
    gw 125
    hieght 5"3

Your stats are really close to mine. Me: sw: 251.5, gw: 130-135, height: 5' 2.5".

It really depends on your breasts--if they are fatty, they will reduce more than if they are made up of breast tissue. I've lost 7"-8" from my chest, but more than that from my ribcage so the cup of my bra has gone up, but my boobs are still way smaller than they used to be. I would really encourage you to go to a specialty bra shop (not Victoria's Secrets) & get properly measured. A well fitting bra will help. A bra should be supporting the weight of your breasts primarily through the band, so the band should be very snug. If you have a loose band & you are trying to support your breasts with the straps, you will get back pain, shoulder grooves, & slouching.

I recommend the sizing calculator at http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm for a starting point. Don't be surprised if your cup size is larger than you thought. I used to wear all different sizes--just went in & tried things on until I found a bra that I could stuff the girls into--usually with a large band size & somewhere around a C/D cup. Once I started losing weight, my bras didn't fit & I started researching & found out I should be wearing G/H cup with a smaller band. It made all the difference in my comfort.

I know you said you are broke, but if you find out your true size, you can get some good deals online if you watch for them.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm tapping out... too much boob talk and I know some of you - HAHAHA

What did you expect in a thread about bra size?

FBLTGgg.gif

OP,you're a full time college student? There's no health plan through your school? Surprising.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I'm going to blame genetics for my bust... Even at my thinnest I was 34D... Right now Im 36DDD, and Im praying I can get back into 36DD soon. Its a really big pain for me, has always been. I do think about a reduction from time to time. and it may be worth paying out of pocket, still thinking it over... Anyways, back exercises and posture will help, maybe sure to always sit up straight. I've always had back issues since I was really young because of the "girls", and thats what I've found helps reduce some of the back problems. When I'm on my feet a TON, it'll still hurt, but I just put on a patch (one of those icy/hot things) and that helps too...
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes... :laugh:
  • jennibear8504
    Options

OP,you're a full time college student? There's no health plan through your school? Surprising.

I dont think any colleges (even the ones that offer any kind of health care) would cover something like that... Not in the U.S. at least... but idk where the OP is from...
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Breast reduction surgery, eventually? My chest size remained the same (38DD), thank goodness, and fortunately no back problems. You should look up back strengthening exercises. Good luck.