Bra size?

Options

Replies

• ketoambahh
    Options
    Through my fluctuations in weight my boobs never got any smaller or bigger. They kind of just...stayed where they were.

I want to be a reasonable size D cup all around, not this one D the other DD crap.
  • ambergeneva
    Options
    I broke my back a few years ago, the first Lumbar, which is right below the ribs. I strongly recommend weight lifting, but no crunches of any kind until you have better muscle strength. No sit-ups, no back extensions, and be really careful with leg lifts if you already have pain. The one book I use is called Strong Women Stay Young. It's been around for 25 years, and the Mayo clinic features the same excercises and even the same illustrations on its website. It's great, and you can do the excercises at home when you have time for them. You will need the hand weights you have, and perhaps some leg weights. The key is breathing and using deliberate motions, not too slow, not too fast.
    A special point is to tighten your core when you are doing any weight lifting: it's like trying not to pee, but is so important to keep your back in good shape. Good luck!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I would like mine to be even and stick out further than my gut. Donations appreciated. :laugh:
  • roselepinski
    Options
    i like having a small back
    my back size goes down and my cup size goes up!!!
    i use to be 40C and now im 34DD
    i went from shirt size XL to M!!!
  • strawbblondie
    strawbblondie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was never really big, 38C at my heaviest, but 43 lbs later, my breasts have shrunk to a 36B/C. I'm a little disappointed, but I've gone from a size 14 to a 6, so I'll take a smaller butt over bigger boobs any day! :happy:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have DDs and I'm really hoping I don't lose any breast size. I haven't when I lost weight in the past, though, so I'm crossing my fingers!
  • VeeSis
    VeeSis Posts: 23
    Options
    Does anyone else wish their boobs would get smaller? I have gone from a 40 dd to a 36 dd, and my back has been getting more and more problems. Any advice? Can anyone else relate?

Been there, done that. Had to buy a new t-shirt. LOL I DO understand. I always had huge boobs, but I was fat, so I figured if I ever lost weight they would shrink accordingly. As you have discovered, that's not always the case. Not to get real medical here, but some women have boobs that are mostly mammary glands with some fat, and some women, just the opposite. They lose at lot of weight, and wind up with hardly any boobs because theirs were mostly fat and not mammary.

Three years ago, I crash dieted (Atkins) like mad, then switched but still wasn't eating healthy; however, I managed to go from a size 18-20 to a size 12. Boobs at start, 40DDDD (that's a G). At size twelve, I was in a 36DDDD. Tops were a night mare, and neck and back aches worse. Bras were costing me $62 (Wacoal) and then I discovered Wacoal doesn't make a 34DDDD.

It took me 18 months of saving money like mad, and a small loan, but I had the surgery to make them a C cup. Best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm not saying this will be your story, but sometimes...for some women...dieting does NOT shrink our cup size.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    I'm a sucker for boobs... literally.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Could it be exercising? Poor form, perhaps?
  • trojanjoy
    Options
    If you don't have weights, it's definitely not an issue. I found that my back always hurts when my abs get weak. You can start with doing planks for 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, 4 rounds (just make sure you can see your form so you can judge if your butt is too high). You can also do sit ups, which I find to hurt my back a lot less than crunches. Also, depending on what your eating, it could exacerbate the pain... if you do searches into Paleo eating (I hate the name but love how I feel eating real food), you'll find tons of people who have cured all sorts of ailments through what they put in their mouths. If you want the quickest cure, I'd fix the food and do the core strengthening. You could also start supplementing magnesium as that can help with everything. Good luck!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I highly doubt most of you are wearing the proper size. Fitters at places like VS or Lane Bryant tend to add 4" to the band size, which makes you have a too-big band and too-small cups. Back in the day, before spandex, you had to add inches because people have to have room to breathe and move. Now that we use spandex in bands and they stretch, we don't need to add those inches anymore. That could be the source of a lot of your back problems! Check out this website for proper fit help (or message me). It will seriously change your life to get a bra that TRULY fits, especially a sports bra!

www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/

WOW!!!

Thanks for this!!! I just did the measurements... My band is much smaller than what I thought but my cup is much larger than what I thought!!! WOW!!! Dillard's, here I come.
  • kkaiser104
    Options
    No offense, but I highly doubt most of you are wearing the proper size. Fitters at places like VS or Lane Bryant tend to add 4" to the band size, which makes you have a too-big band and too-small cups. Back in the day, before spandex, you had to add inches because people have to have room to breathe and move. Now that we use spandex in bands and they stretch, we don't need to add those inches anymore. That could be the source of a lot of your back problems! Check out this website for proper fit help (or message me). It will seriously change your life to get a bra that TRULY fits, especially a sports bra!

WOW!!!

Thanks for this!!! I just did the measurements... My band is much smaller than what I thought but my cup is much larger than what I thought!!! WOW!!! Dillard's, here I come.

I'm glad it helped someone :) I think a big problem (especially in overweight women) is that we just have bad body image and have trouble seeing our bodies for how they really are. Especially when it comes to boobs/bra size. Message me if you need any help, especially when figuring out your shape. That's the #1 reason women think they can't be the size that they are. I have shallow breasts and any plunge/full coverage results in empty cups.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    At my ideal weight, I'm usually a 30C or 30D. I'm up to a 30F right now.

Not a fan.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm the opposite, I wish my boobs would get bigger. Last time I checked I was a 34-36B, I could be wrong. But yeah, I wish my bra size was AT LEAST a C, but I'll probably have to wait until I have children for any chance of my boobs getting bigger lol I even contemplated getting implants, but they look so unnatural and I don't want to risk dying by silicone poisoning if one of them pops.
  • jennibear8504
    Options

according to this site, it seems my boobs are BIGGER than I thought... Idk if Im doing something wrong either FML its hard enough finding a bra, if this is right, it'll be even harder!!! :(
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm not too worried about my cup size, but boy was I ecstatic when my band size dropped.

Here's a tip I learned from a sales girl at a small boutique near me: a bra should fit tight. Not "holy crap I can't breathe" tight, but it should be snug enough to give you a good lift. Before, I was under the impression that they should be loose.
  • kkaiser104
    Options

according to this site, it seems my boobs are BIGGER than I thought... Idk if Im doing something wrong either FML its hard enough finding a bra, if this is right, it'll be even harder!!! :(

It's actually really easy to find "bigger" sizes, you just have to know where to go. Nordstrom, Dillards, Amazon prime, Bratabase...lots of places stock them and it's a lot easier and way more comfortable then trying to get a bra that isn't quite right. Also realizing cups are not a static size...a 32F is a lot smaller then a 42F for instance. Bra sizing is entertaining lol
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I actually don't think I've lost any weight in mine. I've lost weight all around that area but I haven't dropped a size yet and I've been dieting since May. It is pretty annoying, I hope I lose some weight there soon lol. I still have to buy L shirts even though I could fit into an M but my breasts make that hard.
    Also, I got fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret right before I started dieting so I am wearing the right size.
  • kkaiser104
    Options
    I actually don't think I've lost any weight in mine. I've lost weight all around that area but I haven't dropped a size yet and I've been dieting since May. It is pretty annoying, I hope I lose some weight there soon lol. I still have to buy L shirts even though I could fit into an M but my breasts make that hard.
    Also, I got fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret right before I started dieting so I am wearing the right size.

VS often uses an outdated method of measuring which results in a too-big band and too small cups. But, if it ain't broken don't fix it! Especially if you're still losing weight...it would be silly to spend a lot of money on new bras that will not fit again in a few months.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

YES thank you! this thread has been driving me crazy and I was just looking for the link to the measurement site. Everyone needs to do this.