Bra size?

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Losing weight naturally will drop in breast size, both cup and width. I unfortunately have the opposite problem. My sister on the other hand, has always had large breasts but they always get larger with weight. Otherwise, breast reduction, though insurance only covers it when you are stick then with huge boobs or you have to pay out of pocket.

Not always, I have lost about 35lbs and haven't lost a band size (32) and have only gone from FF to an F.......
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Champion had really great, inexpensive support bras, that are actually pretty too. I was a d cup and they really supported the girls!
    :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Champion had really great, inexpensive support bras, that are actually pretty too. I was a d cup and they really supported the girls!
    :)
    This was what I was thinking. Make sure your bras are as supportive as they can be, and get a professional fitting - many places offer a fitting for free.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    : i got realy fed up with getting loads of bras online and sending them back - I used to be a 38D in a chain store before I lost weight, but I couldn't find thee right fit once the weight started going Anyway, my reward for losing 2 stone (28lb) was to get properly measured - I went to Rigby and peller (not recommended for college students as they are really pricey, but I reckoned I'd saved that much money in cheese :bigsmile: ) They measured me as a 34F!!! Here's what might help you if you apply it to "normal" bra buying.

1.Most of the support is actually in the band, so get the band as tight as you can - when you buy a bra it should JUST do up on the largest fastenings (warning - this feels almost excruciatingly tight for the first couple of weeks:sad: )

2. The wires of the cup should copletely encase each boob - for me this meant the wire is right back under my arm. The front of the wire should lie flat against your breast bone.

3. The straps need to be tight enough to support, but if you have the first two measurements right they should not dig in.

Bras vary by style, so a 34 F in one might be 36DD in another style. If you can, try to get properly measured in a good department store. Otherwise just experiment, but you shouldn't get back pain at that size. Maybe try a slightly paded cup rather than just fabric - I find it more comfortable.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend a trainer for showing you around the equipment at a gym - they usually have some pretty decent priced trials (like 3 days). My husband chose to do a full 12 weeks which got pretty pricey, but 3 days was enough to give me a kick start on how to use stuff and feel more comfortable on the machines. I don't lift much, but enough to strengthen. As I start feeling like something is "easy" then I increase my weight a little more. I do a lot of core exercises in yoga classes, but even at home you can do planks, supermans, cobra, back extensions.... look up stuff on youtube, its actually a great resource for workouts.

I have a couple problems here 1) I am literally a broke college student, I can barely afford my food 2) I am really self conscience, i don't like people watching me workout so I run on a street where no one drives, and i do the rest of my work outs in my garage where my own family doesn't even see me.

What I do have
    a set of 2lb weights, 3lb weights, and 5lb weights.
    a stationary bike, a tredmill, and a yoga matt.

Are there any weight lifting videos? a place to get really cheap equipment?

I thought I was the only one with issues about working out in front of other people. I won't even jog outside. (Also I live in FL so it is 90 degrees out) I have workout videos but can only do them in the living room due to space issues and then I have to wait until the family is gone because I do not work out in front of people. I will do the treadmill in our bed room and have learned not to freak out if somebody comes in for a second, but do not allow them to stay in there while I work out.
  • Chunkilious
    Options
    I hate boobs too, and wish mine would go down with weight loss. At my heaviest I was a 36GG cup, which is unforgiveable!! and at my lightest I was 32F, I'm currently a 32G, so surgical intervention will be my only option - but I doubt I could put myself through that!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a 36DDD cup now, but I used to have back problems due to poorly-fitted bras and bad posture. I would suggest going to a good lingerie store to get measured. Find out for sure where you're supposed to be. Then, get a good posture bra and focus on maintaining good posture at all times. And get on youtube to look up back strengthening exercises. You have enough equipment to put something together, I'm sure.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

OP,you're a full time college student? There's no health plan through your school? Surprising.

I dont think any colleges (even the ones that offer any kind of health care) would cover something like that... Not in the U.S. at least... but idk where the OP is from...

You could be right, but she'll never know unless she asks. Since it's giving her pain, it may be covered. I remember freshman orientation being told we were entitled (yes entitled) to one free abortion per semester. No joke.
  • macandcheese5ever
    macandcheese5ever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was never that...endowed, but I lost 60 pounds. I went from a 38D or DD to a 34B. All of a sudden I realized my bras fit terribly, and was refitted. I was surprised to see how much they shrank! It did take 7 months though, so it was a very slow process.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't reduced in size at all with weight loss and it's so annoying. The slight back pain doesn't bother me as much as trying to find clothes that fit. I wear a size S, but my boobs make it so I have to buy shirts in M, which makes me look heavier than I am. Grr!

Same. I never lose weight in my boobs.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I pray that my boobs will get smaller...but that cup of Blue Bunny ice cream didn't help any!!
  • depresseddancer
    depresseddancer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    34F woman reporting for duty. Before I gained my errant stone in weight I was a 32E. Most of my bras are still that size, and they're blooming expensive to buy in that measurement. At the moment my cups runneth over, and I really can't afford to invest in lingerie at the mo, another good reason to diet!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you go to college, they might have a gym. I can understand being really self-conscious while working out, but you almost need to grow a thicker skin. Running out in the middle of nowhere might mean fewer spectators, but it also means fewer witnesses if something bad happens.

If your college has a gym with machines, a lot of them show which muscle groups are used with it. If your college has a gym without machines, Youtube and Google. If your college does not have a gym or you're not comfortable using it, Youtube and Google.

Personally I've gone from a 42F to a 36F to a measured size of 35G. I've never really had back problems because I've always have back problems. Spent my developmental years either carrying a 40lb backpack or a 60lb newspaper holster.
  • hafbreed02
    Options
    Does anyone else wish their boobs would get smaller? I have gone from a 40 dd to a 36 dd, and my back has been getting more and more problems. Any advice? Can anyone else relate?

if you want to work on having a reduction in breast size...hit the weights at least twice a week with a "HUGE" emphasis on cardio, cardio, cardio....breast tissue is fat so the more you burn, the smaller they will get
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was hoping to lose a little bit but surprisingly thats the one place I lost nothing from. Not even my back size changed lol. I guess I'm doomed to have a bad back for life.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    Does anyone else wish their boobs would get smaller? I have gone from a 40 dd to a 36 dd, and my back has been getting more and more problems. Any advice? Can anyone else relate?

if you want to work on having a reduction in breast size...hit the weights at least twice a week with a "HUGE" emphasis on cardio, cardio, cardio....breast tissue is fat so the more you burn, the smaller they will get

What kind of weights? I heard push ups are good, and back strengthing?
  • kkaiser104
    Options
    No offense, but I highly doubt most of you are wearing the proper size. Fitters at places like VS or Lane Bryant tend to add 4" to the band size, which makes you have a too-big band and too-small cups. Back in the day, before spandex, you had to add inches because people have to have room to breathe and move. Now that we use spandex in bands and they stretch, we don't need to add those inches anymore. That could be the source of a lot of your back problems! Check out this website for proper fit help (or message me). It will seriously change your life to get a bra that TRULY fits, especially a sports bra!

www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of Lane Bryant's sports bras and it is a great bra. They are a bit pricey, but they fit just right and I always buy them when they have a good sell, buy 2 get 2 free I think. I understand the no money thing, hint around to your fiancé? Got a birthday coming up?
    I had horrible pain in my rib cage off and on for years. It was due to poor posture. I wear better bras now (and mind my posture) and have no problems. I want to lose lots more weight, but do hope my breasts stay the same size or maybe just get a bit smaller. I am a 42DD but am thinking I might have to watch one of those videos about doing a correct measure, but if it ain't broke...besides I just spent a small fortune on a sh*tload of new ones. Bras and cute undies are the one thing my hubby never b*tches about me spending $ on!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Honestly never had this issue. I always dreamed mine would get bigger.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I would go get a fitting. Don't just go to a Victoria's Secret. Go to a a department store with someone who knows how to fit you.