Women 200lb+, Let's Jump-Start This January!!!

Options

Replies

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @shorepine - we do have so much in common - same weight, kiddo/family stresses, work travel. Except you, my dear, can RUN! When I try to run it makes me have to pee. Seriously though, it is nice to know we are not alone!

@torihudson6 I would be nervous too but I love that you will really get to see your results!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @terytha going out on a limb here because you didn't ask for advice. :# But, my husband has high cholesterol and I put us on a plant-based diet at home and his numbers came down dramatically and he also lost weight. He still needs a statin but at a much lower dose. There is an amazing book called How Not to Die by Michael Gregor that goes through illnesses chapter by chapter and has recommendations for addressing them with food rather than medicine. I have started to eat more meat to increase my protein as I lose weight but I think there is so much to be said for plant-based eating even if you are just making incremental rather than wholesale changes. I plan to return to it eventually.

Even if I didn't hate most vegetables with my very soul (and I really do)... I can't eat much fiber right now. I gotta limit it to around 10 grams per day, ideally less.

I'm hoping that won't be forever, but fiber is one of my worst enemies right now.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @Brownsugar174 That's so cool! I haven't met too many people from this area!
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116, thank you, it was nerve wracking, but the photos are kept private (unless you chose to show them at the end). I also had my measurements taken and got to use a machine that tracks your weight, body fat %, and muscle mass. Then the coach says we do another one at 5 weeks and then one at 10 weeks. So, I am excited to see progress! I hope you are able to find your groove again, it is hard when things get thrown off for a bit.

@BrownSugar174, thank you! I am hoping to build some endurance. I also realized I sent a friend request to the wrong Brown Sugar (whoops) haha, so I resent it.

@flimflam87, thanks! I do know that I will be happy that I took them in the long run. I do not like being in photos in general, so to have to be in one where I am wearing only a sports bra and shorts was terrifying.

@shorepine, great loss! You definitely can do it, it is hard to have our schedules thrown out of wack.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar174 That looks like so much fun, but tough!! Congrats on tackling it!