Women 200lb+, Let's Jump-Start This January!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    It's just really a constant process of learning what you need. I learned today that I need to plan to eat 150-200 calories before I go to the grocery store. Otherwise I come home and I am hangry and that is not fair to my partners, even if they know what's going on and I apologize after lunch. So I'm going to do better with that next week.

@BrownSugar174: That sounds like a lovely romantic time! I really miss being able to hike like that.

@stefsc1: I often sit down the night before and log tomorrow's meals. I plan in advance, and that way I know in advance if I'm going to be filling in with a snack here and there to hit my calorie amount. (I don't like to go more than 50 either way with that.) In a way, I do better if I know, "Hey, tomorrow the meals are all you get, but what meals they are!" And I can plan to get things cleaned up and off to bed before the late-evening snacking rears its head.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar174 Your hike sounds wonderful! Enjoy! I'm very jealous. We're supposed to have 8-12 inches of snow with winds gusting up to 50 mph. Not my ideal walking weather. :)
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNM aaahhhh I remember those days when we were living in Indiana!! It was hard to do anything in the cold months🥶
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @BrownSugar174: I'm in Indiana now, and I don't plan to let anything keep me from working out! Well, if we get snowed in, I guess that means yoga at home. But so far that has not happened,
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    @Candyn617 Thanks!! I've been reading all the posts and it's really nice how everybody supports each other.

@BrownSugar174 That's a great idea!! Having healthy snacks available is what I definitely need. Good thing today's shopping day and I'll have to add some to the list. And I'll have to find a way to eat out less on the weekends...
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar174, go you!! I’m not sure I could hike for two hours AND five miles, that’s awesome! Hahaha and for some reason MFP will not let us be friends, so I’ll get my inspiration from you here 😜🤣