program not working for me :(

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Really your name is "naturallyme36" and you want someone you do not really know well to go to a surgery when she is trying her best to do this naturally?
    Please do not take this advice from this person. She sounds very angry and confused.:huh:
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it slowly and at first tried adjusting my carb/protein/fat ratios till I found what worked. It doesn't seem like you're eating enough and lifting can create some weight gain from inflamation which happens when we first jump start our bodies at the gym. We just started an eating plan called the Fast Metabolism Diet. It's been pretty easy to follow and I've lost 8 lbs in two weeks. It's the first time an eating plan made sense. The hard part was giving up caffiene. But I'm in my third week of no coffee and nobodies died so alls good. Try more experimenting with your balance of food and try to get more cals in. Good luck.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I lost a vast majority of my weight before finding this tool. I feel better since I started here. There is one thing I was not willing to give up unless I absolutely had to. Coffee with sugar. I changed to fat free half and half, but could not deal with other sweeteners. I find I am happier with MFP when I plan instead of reactively using the tool. If there is something I want to eat, that I use to eat frequently, I put it in MFP the night before, or that morning, and plan around it so that I don't find out at 2 in the afternoon that I can have celery sticks for the rest of the day. When I started, I tried watching everything, and was miserable. This tool gives options of many good (vitamins, minerals) to track, and bad (calories, carbs, fats, etc.), pick one or two, and stay with those. I chose calories. The others will stay paralleled with that, although I don't feel that I need to stay under on every option.
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should consult with a dietician who can assess your body type and composition a help you find out what your specific carb, fat, and protein goals are for you. Everyone is different, each persons body works differently, and everyone loses weight at different rates at different times in their life. Many internal and external factors influence how a person loses weight. MFP is a general guide to follow that may work for most people it may not be as accurate or precise for you. A dietician can tailor make a program just for you that works. You are the exception to the rule so make a new one. Consult an expert that can help you. Most health coverage covers dietitians since weight loss is considered to prevent future health issues. Find out what your benefits cover if you have them.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    don't forget that going to gym 5 plus times a week actually puts on muscle size which weighs more!! I would be tempted to go by the tape measure and not the scales for a while you will be surprised of the transformation of body shape etc.. don't give up it WILL happen ... good luck and keep yer chin up xx...............carbs and protein should be eaten together as one works with the other to make it more beneficial hope this helps .......

You cant put on muscle mass if you're under eating on your daily allowance
  • pinchtheinch
    Options
    I would rethink the lap band surgery. I have one and it is not the answer. I usually cannot get down lean meats like chicken breast and turkey, which is the protein I need. It gets stuck, so I fill in my meal with carbs. I too eat less than 1200 calories and usually around 100g of protein by using protein supplements. My loss has been slow too considering I haven't eaten potatoes, bread, cereal or pasta in 3 months. I eat 4 veggie servings, 3 fruits, 1 dairy and 2 meats a day, plus 3 protein supplements. I feel for ya and am reading other comments on here to figure out why? You can friend request me if you want to take this journey together. I have 70 lbs. to lose.