You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Starvation Mode - Adaptive Thermogenesis and Weight Loss

1181920212224»

Replies

• aeloineaeloine Member Posts: 2,163 Member Member Posts: 2,163 Member
    BUMP! Thanks for recommending the read, @stanmann571
    edited November 2017
  • dodgowandodgowan Member Posts: 42 Member Member Posts: 42 Member
    This is a brilliant post and a great read. Deserves a bump!
  • hroderickhroderick Member Posts: 757 Member Member Posts: 757 Member
    bump and tag this great post
  • cheryldumaischeryldumais Member Posts: 1,932 Member Member Posts: 1,932 Member
    Bump as this article is well worth a read.
  • LynnJ9LynnJ9 Member, Premium Posts: 415 Member Member, Premium Posts: 415 Member
    Bump as this article is well worth a read.

Agreed I was just thinking mentioning this thread in another thread
  • lrobi2114lrobi2114 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Very informative. Thanks for all your great work. I recently googled ‘plateaus when dieting’ and came to learn a lot!
    Your info is very helpful to follow up with my reading. Thanks again.
  • k80fleck80flec Member Posts: 1,569 Member Member Posts: 1,569 Member
    This is a great post
  • stargirlhorsestargirlhorse Member Posts: 45 Member Member Posts: 45 Member
    It might've been said before, but what about smaller weight losses? It was kind of hard to read (and that's my fault because I'm tired) but TDEE is 10-15% lower than the one a calculator will spit out at you?

"Smaller" means 15lbs originally lost, but now I'm unfortunately around 12/13ish. The doctor's scale said I was only down 10, but I also had a 11-day late period, bladder full of pee and had eaten breakfast about an hour before (seriously, doc, what gives? Let me feel good about myself for once...)

Highest weight: 136.
    Lowest weight: 121.
    Doctor's scale with the added anommalies above: 126.
    edited August 2020
  • ClosetBayesianClosetBayesian Member Posts: 836 Member Member Posts: 836 Member
    It might've been said before, but what about smaller weight losses? It was kind of hard to read (and that's my fault because I'm tired) but TDEE is 10-15% lower than the one a calculator will spit out at you?

"Smaller" means 15lbs originally lost, but now I'm unfortunately around 12/13ish. The doctor's scale said I was only down 10, but I also had a 11-day late period, bladder full of pee and had eaten breakfast about an hour before (seriously, doc, what gives? Let me feel good about myself for once...)

Highest weight: 136.
    Lowest weight: 121.
    Doctor's scale with the added anommalies above: 126.

If your period is 11 days late, that in and of itself will affect your weight, given the potential causes for that (other than pregnancy). I did read your other conversation thread; you received good advice there.