January 2020 - 30 days of YOGA CHALLENGE

Replies

• Lilypal78
    Lilypal78 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi everyone πŸ™‹ πŸ™
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Day 1 of the video series done! Did anyone notice Benji dreaming - his back legs were twitching. TOO CUTE!!!

My legs are SO tight but they will slowly loosen up over the next few days.
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Finished Day 1 yesterday. The back of my legs are tight and I definitely felt it yesterday. Surprisingly, the time went by pretty fast.
  • Lilypal78
    Day 2 completed! Found the planks a little challenging but already feel more flexible! 😊

Hope I did not confuse anyone with my original post. I started doing day 1 of a previous year before Adriene released the 2020 version which I'm now doing. Can't edit my original post. Anyway to clarify here is day 2 of 2020:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZ3O1e0ejA
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Day 2 complete!
  • cksalmond16
    cksalmond16 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m starting late, but I want to join!
    Looking forward to see everyone’s success!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I'll join in for 30 days of yoga but I will be doing mostly DDPY.
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    I’m in. I did it last year and loved it.
  • karensmith51
    karensmith51 Posts: 12 Member
    Day1 done
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Day 2 done. In addition to zero upper body strength, I apparently also have zero hip flexibility. This challenge is really bringing home how badly I need this!
  • Lilypal78
    Day 3 complete πŸ‘ Started yoga feeling rushed and very distracted today, ended the session feeling very calm and zen like πŸ™
  • carlsoda
    Day 3 complete πŸ‘ Started yoga feeling rushed and very distracted today, ended the session feeling very calm and zen like πŸ™
    Amazing how yoga just slows us down in a good way!
  • carlsoda
    Day 2 of FWFG2020 done yesterday and will be completing day 3 this morning!!
  • mjb1155
    mjb1155 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m in starting Monday January 6th M-F for 30 days.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    I was out yesterday so I completed day 2 & 3 this afternoon.
  • Lilypal78
    carlsoda wrote: Β»
    Amazing how yoga just slows us down in a good way!

Yes definitely! Meditation too.
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    I'd like to jump in, @Lilypal78. Found the videos this morning after seeing you post about it in another thread. I watched the intro video and did the day 0 breathing this morning. Got day 1 in this afternoon.

I had to break and just breathe at about 30 minutes, but jumped back in after a minute or two. I was stiff and pretty shaky. Felt fairly relaxed after.

It's been a few years since I've done any yoga - and that beginner poses. For the record, I'm 62. My exercise goals are to increase flexibility and joint strength to prevent injury (and heal better in the event of injury). I like the mind-body connection of yoga. Looking forward to this, and hope I can keep up.
  • karensmith51
    karensmith51 Posts: 12 Member
    Day 2 done
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    I'm in! Just finished day 4 of HOME today. I did yoga camp last month. It's felt great making yoga a part of my fitness routine
  • aquariuslia
    aquariuslia Posts: 24 Member
    Just finished day 3- Awaken, did day 2 Intend yesterday and found myself to be much more intentional today.