January 2020 - 30 days of YOGA CHALLENGE

Replies

• hidemeupnorth
    hidemeupnorth Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in! I have been doing her 30 day program every January for the last 4 years. Love her! I also follow her monthly calendars granted I miss a day here and there but it is a great way to ensure you get hard working days and rest days as well. Her program changed my life in so many ways .
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Day 3 done. Seemed gentler than day 2, which for me was good as feeling a bit down and blue today (going back to work tomorrow, holidays definitely over).

From tomorrow, my intention is to get up early and do the sessions before work - should be a good way to start each day!
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Finished Day 3 yesterday. My dog has been very confused about why I have been laying on the floor for the last few days.
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    Finished Day 2. Intend. Was not nearly as shaky and I feel both relaxed and energized. As I thought through intention, being present came to mind. So did something else, but as I moved through the postures it floated away.
  • quincyleann
    quincyleann Posts: 7 Member
    I'm not doing the 30 day challenges specifically but I recently started doing yoga warm/hot and yin 3 times a week and love it so far.I will be following this for motivation!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    I've done this programme once before and loved it. Just finished day 2. I won't be able to do it every day, but I'll try to do it about 4-5 times a week when I'm not weight training.
  • Lilypal78
    Lilypal78 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi @LisaW57 lovely to have you join in. You do not look 62! And hello to everyone else 🙋

Completed Day 4 today and for the first time my 6 year old son joined in and did the whole session wearing his Superman costume 😀 He enjoyed it too!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Day 4 completed
  • hidemeupnorth
    hidemeupnorth Posts: 21 Member
    Completed day 5! I'm not good at softening. I go hard most of the time. I find myself uneasy in my mind when I'm told to soften or to relax in any way. This HOME series will definitely be beneficial both physically and mentally. Way to go yet again Adriene!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    taxgirl1 wrote: »
    Finished Day 3 yesterday. My dog has been very confused about why I have been laying on the floor for the last few days.

My cat just loves when I do yoga - especially cat/cow. It's her chance to under me and rub against my arms and legs. Too cute!! :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Day 4 done of "Home", 5 days straight for me. I have already started to notice my forward folds are easier...hamstrings are just starting to let go!
  • Lilypal78
    Day 5 completed. Nice and relaxing. Ready for bed now 😴
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    I'm in for this challenge though I am a little late to the party. I used to practice yoga every morning but fell out of the habit last year and i am determined to reestablish a daily practice this year. Poor Flexibility and lack of range of motion have all been my greatest weakness and limits my progress is other physical pursuits so hopefully this well help. Plus I always feel zen and calm after a session.

Day 2 is now complete.
  • aquariuslia
    aquariuslia Posts: 24 Member
    Just got back from a studio yoga class with my mom, doing this challenge has reminded me how much I love yoga and how much I miss regular practice. Completed day 5 this am and day 4 last night, which my son did too. Fun to see the ripple effect of healthy activity spreading to loved ones!
  • taxgirl1
    Finished Day 4 yesterday. I am starting an adult ballet class today,and after the class I may go for a run. I don't know if I can do day 5 today, but since it's not that long I am going to try and squeeze it in.

• tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Day 6, I’m definitely going to feel that tomorrow. And the next day.
  • Lilypal78
    Haha, same here @tobistat Ouch!
  • taxgirl1
    Day 5 completed. So far, so good. Other than one pose that she did, where I told my dog that there was no way I was doing that, I was able to go through the whole session.

• lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    No yoga yesterday because I had my weight lifting session. Today, I completed day 3. Felt so good, I had sore muscles from yesterday and now I feel much better :smile:
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Day 3 complete. I can't believe how weak i have gotten when attempting to do chaturanga. I do a lot of body weight strength training but when it comes to chaturanga i just flop down onto the floor rather than any mindful lowering. Hopefully by the end of the challenge I can chaturange with style.